The Individualism of Abbie Trichinas

The Preparation Of Abbie Trichinas

Since I had been rudely awakened from my slumber, after much negotiation I managed to drag myself out of bed, I trudged over to the dwelling known as the bathroom and my spacious glamourizing hair and makeup studio.

After having a shower, applying some much needed make up and straitening my hair, I am ready to face the real world.

Walking down the stairs for me is much like walking a walk of shame, it is where I am hugely criticized by old portraits of myself when I was a young girl. How times have changed.
My Light blonde hair no more, instead a honeycomb brown now resides on my head, my rather skinny figure now replaced with a more curvaceous one, specially round the tummy and hips area, as if it knew it had been acknowledged my tummy began to rumble…I was so hungry I was considering eating my own cooking, gee I must be hungry to come to that lapse in judgement.

When I had descended down the last flight of stairs I was greeted by the two people I lived with, one my father which acknowledged me with a grunt proving he was more beast then human, and the other being the only male I would consider trustworthy and loveable, my older brother Oli.

“Well, children I am off to work. I see you did not take me up on the offer for me to drive you to school, how sad, whenever I seem to do anything nice for you kids you seem to consider it as worthless as yourself.”

As he left the dining room, put on his boot’s, (technically they aren’t boots, maybe if big foot had shoes that is what he would wear.) Clearly seeing that I was upset, Oli got off his seat, walked to me and gave me a hug and whispered into my ear “Don’t worry, one day we will show him.” And he finished it off with a kiss on the forehead.

Sitting down at my usual seat (closest to the window that overlooked our back yard) Oli served up my breakfast, alongside with a coffee.
“Any idea’s what you are going to play for the talent show on Wednesday evening”

he had to tell me this now, out of all times he had to ask me, he had to ask me now. Before you ask, no it is not because I forgot, it is because… well yeah I forgot I was supposed to play guitar at the local talent show.

“Umm yes actually, I decided that I should play something original”

“So in other words, you forgot”
How the hell does he know these types of things, I am a liar and a damn good one at that, he has no right to say that I did not do something when obviously I didn’t.

“You can be such an asshole when you talk back to me how are you ever going to get a girlfriend when you always back chat to me.”
“Would you like me to teach you a new riff I made up last week”

“…. Thanks”

With a heart to heart conversation about frogs that then led to don’t ask how, please seriously don’t ask me how our conversation went from frogs to monster trucks. Breakfast was finished, coffee was drunk, and I was out the door with my school bag and (un)finished homework.

I venture out into the wilderness; I think normal people call it the suburbs.