Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Mozart

Image


Same Day

I spent my afternoon figuring out what I'd wear tonight, and also watching an old Warhol film on Edie, trying to get that accent. When I finally decided on what to wear, I thought that I'd test out my accent on Caleb. I took the cordless phone and dialled his number, waiting for him to answer.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi darling, how are you?" I smiled, talking like Edie Sedgwick.

"Uh? Who is this?" He asked, sounding confused.

"Edie!" I laughed.

He cleared his throat, "Nikolas' wife, Edie?"

"No, Edie Sedgwick silly." I replied.

He was quiet for a bit and then started to laugh, "Audrey? Is that you?"

I started laughing, "Yes darling, how do you like my accent?"

"Wow, it's dead on. I didn't recognize you at first." He laughed, "How are you? I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'm good, I went to the first meeting for Factory Girl this morning, it was so good! But I made a fool out of myself a couple times, but it wasn't too humiliating."

"So when do you start filming?" He asked.

"I'm not sure yet, we're all going out to dinner this evening and hopefully our director will have a date."

"Have you cut your hair yet?" He asked. I could hear Nathan playing the drums in the background.

"Not yet. I'm nervous to do it!" I laughed, "I just hope it won't jeopardize my role in the Victoria's Secret show."

"When is that again?"

"We're doing it November 9th. And then it'll be broadcast on t.v in December sometime. Are you gonna be able to come?" I asked.

"I don't know yet, we already played two shows here in Sydney, and then we're going to New Zealand after. But I hope I can come, I'll try my best." He replied.

"Will you be able to come to the grand opening of the club? It's next week." I asked, biting my lip.

"I don't think so babe. I can't fly back from Australia to be in New York for just one night." He sighed.

"I understand." I replied.

"But it's gonna be amazing. I'm sure you and Nik did a good job of creating it. What is it called again?"

"We've decided on The Prohibition. I talked him out of a different name, and I love it and so does he." I smiled.

"That's an interesting name." He laughed.

"Yeah, but darling, I have to go. I should get ready and maybe if I have time, get to some writing or drawing." I sighed.

"Okay. I love you Audrey, have a good night." He smiled.

"I love you too. Bye." I hung up. I sighed and looked at the clock. 7:30pm.

"Maybe I'll play some piano." I said to myself. I walked down the stairs from my bedroom and down into the living room. I sat down at the piano and began playing pieces of broken and unfinished songs of mine. It only depressed me to now have any of them finished, so I decided to play a piece that I know by heart, Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 24 in C minor.

Whenever I'd play one of his pieces, it moved me and inspired me. It was as if Wolfgang was actually there, listening to and mentoring me as I played. This is what gave me passion, playing piano, falling into a world where it was only me and Mozart. But this feeling didn't last as a knocking at my door broke my reverie.

I abruptly stopped playing and sighed, standing up from the bench and walking to the door. I didn't bother checking the peephole, I assumed an old man lived downstairs since it was so quiet, so I threw open the door only to be shocked to see who was at it.

He smiled at me and gave me the same confused look, "You're Mrs. Robinson?" He asked in his British accent.

"What?" I asked.

"Your mail was placed in my box by accident, I just got in now." He replied.

"Jack, are you stalking me?" I smiled, lightly laughing.

"No, I'm afraid not. I live downstairs. But could you explain the Mrs. Robinson thing?" He smiled back at me.

"Oh, I don't use my real name when I rent places, so I have mail sent to me by a fake name. This time I'm Mrs. Robinson." I chuckled, taking the mail from him.

"That explains it. I was expecting an old woman to be living up here." He laughed.

"I was expecting an old man to be living down there." I smiled. "When did you move in?"

"Last week." He replied.

"Me too, but my stuff was already moved in." I said. "Um, would you like to come in?"

"Sure." He smiled. I opened the door further and welcomed him in.

"You must excuse the mess, I'm still in the process of moving in." I smiled, leading him into the living area.

"Wow, this place is huge! Mine looks so different. And all the books! That's amazing!" He grinned, looking around.

"You like reading I assume?" I smiled.

"I love it. And a piano. Is that you that plays it? I hear it all the time, sometimes at 3 in the morning."

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I don't sleep much, especially now that I'm running on a London time zone." I bit my lip.

"That's fine. At least you know how to play. What was that you were just playing now? I'm guessing Concerto 24 by Mozart?" He inquired.

I was surprised. "Yes, it was. You know Mozart's music?"

"I do. I think he was one of the greatest composers of the 18th century." He smiled, showing his perfect teeth.

I blushed, "That's really amazing. Nowadays whenever I talk about him, no one barely knows of him let alone his music."

"Well I for one am a big fan of his." He chuckled.

I just smiled and then cleared my throat. "Would you like to ride with me to the restaurant? I have my car in the garage."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am." I smiled.

"I'd love to." He replied.

"Well, we should get going shortly. You can give yourself a tour around the place if you'd like, or you can have a seat. You must excuse me, I have to go get changed." I smiled, walking into the other room.

I quickly ran up my stairs and put on my champagne coloured silk dress. I carefully put on the accessories and lastly checked myself in the mirror, putting on my lipstick. I checked my Alexander McQueen clutch and made sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I slipped on my heels and carefully walked down the spiral staircase and went into the other room where I saw Jack looking at the framed pictures on the wall.

"Is that you?" He asked, looking at a collage of old pictures of me.

"Yeah. I looked quite different then. I was 16 at the time and Vogue magazine did a piece on me. They called it, "Rebel Without a Cause". Annie Leibovitz did the photo shoot. That was during my rebel days; where I wore black hair, I smoked too much, and got tattoos without my parents permission. Everyone looked at me as if I was a creature behind glass. They couldn't touch me, but they could look. And everyone did. I guess I fascinated the world." I half-smiled, looking at the pictures.

"Do you believe you still fascinate the world?" He looked at me, with seriousness and sincerity in his eyes.

I just watched his eyes carefully as it seemed they were staring into my soul. I lightly smiled, "I think so."

He smiled.

"Well, should we get going?" I looked down.

"Yes. Wow, you look amazing." He looked me up and down.

"Thank you. It's quite an improvement from this morning." I laughed, leading us to the front door.

"Even then you looked stunning." He smiled, stopping in front of me. I blushed as he looked down at me. He was pretty tall, even in my heels he towered over me. He walked past me and walked to the bottom of the stairs as I locked the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)

Audrey's Clothes

Young Audrey