Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

The Morning After

Image


Saturday, October Fourteenth

Slowly I awoke, sighing and rubbing my eyes and barely being able to lift my head to look around. I was alone on the couch but I heard a little bit of noise in the kitchen. It looked as if nothing had happened last night...or unless it was a dream and no one actually came over...I just can't remember much. I propped myself up on my elbows and slowly sat up, pushing my hair back and slightly stretching before standing up.

I walked from the living room into the other room, the kitchen, to find Caleb pouring himself a coffee. I smiled and quietly walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him, kissing his shoulder.

"Good morning." He smiled, turning around and hugging me back.

"Where did everybody go?" I asked, looking past him at the clock on the wall. It was eleven-thirty in the morning.

"They left a couple hours ago, but Nik wanted to me to let you know that we're all going out to a late lunch today. One o' clock at Morandi in the West Village." He replied, pushing my hair back behind my ear and kissing my forehead.

"Sounds good. I think I'm gonna go shower up." I smiled, kissing his lips. I pulled away from him and walked to the bathroom.

* * *


I was up in my room putting on my makeup after I had dressed. I wore a pair of white jeans and one of Caleb's plaid shirts, with a pair of floral heels and a fedora. Caleb came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "You don't need makeup, you're still so beautiful without it."

I smiled at him in the mirror and put the brush back into the mascara tube. I turned around and gently placed my hands on his face and kissed him. "I've never known the true meaning of missing someone until I met you. Whenever you're gone, on tour or even to the grocery store, that sinking feeling of loneliness fills me and I start feeling insecure again. But whenever you're around, no matter where we are, I feel at home." I closed my eyes and softly kissed his lips.

I felt his arms around my waist tighten a bit as he picked me up and took me to the bed, laying me down. He crawled up and supported himself on his elbow and looked down at me with a soft gaze. He lowered his head and kissed my forehead, then my nose, then lastly my lips. "Why don't we just do it? Why don't we just get married now?" He whispered.

I smiled and kissed him again, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Okay."

He smiled and lightly laughed, "Cool. So we can start planning again?"

I nodded and closed my eyes. He laid down next to me and I rested in the curve of his body; I could smell his cologne, the cologne I got him for his birthday. I ran my hand up along the back of his neck and up through his hair.

"You need a haircut." I lightly laughed. He started laughing as he sat up, running his hand through his hair. "I know, I'll never go back to having long hair. Everyone thought I was a girl." He laughed.

Before I could laugh or even say anything, the door buzzer went off. I sighed and went downstairs and crossed the loft to answer it. "Hello."

"It's Nik. We're waiting downstairs."

"Okay, we'll be right down." I replied before turning around to walk back to the room.

"Time to go?" Caleb called from the loft.

"Yeah, they're waiting downstairs." I answered, grabbing my bag and going into the bathroom, getting a few stuff. As I was rushing around grabbing some last minute things, I looked up and saw Caleb leaning against the doorframe watching me with a smile.

"I love you so much." He smiled.

I smiled back and walked up to him to give him a kiss. "I love you too."

-At the restaurant-


"So, we decided to put the wedding back on." I smiled, holding Caleb's hand as we sat at a table with Nik and Edie, and Daniel and Chanel.

"Really? Oh I'm so happy!" Chanel grinned as she hugged me.

"That's really great Audrey, I am so happy for you two." Edie smiled, sitting across from me.

"Congrats. When's the big day?" Nikolas asked.

"Well, we haven't picked a date yet, but we're hoping it'll be soon." Caleb replied.

"Same theme?" Chanel asked.

"We just decided this before you picked us up, we haven't really discussed anything other than the fact that we're getting married." I chuckled.

"We should celebrate tonight, you guys wanna hit the club again?" Nikolas asked, looking around the table.

"Actually, I had a little something planned for me and Audrey tonight. I'd liked for us two to have some time together before I leave again." Caleb put his arm around me, I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, not expecting him to have something planned.

"Yeah that's fine, but we're still gonna party again before you leave." Nik smirked.

"For sure." Caleb smiled.

"What do you have planned for tonight?" I whispered to Caleb.

"You'll see." He smiled.

"So man, last night was sick. We did amazing, did you see the reviews in the paper this morning?" Nikolas smiled, putting down his menu looking up at me.

"No I didn't get a chance to, what did they say?" I replied.

"We got four and a half outta five stars, only because it's not a place to take your mother to. There were raves about the style of the club, everyone loved the atmosphere and the decor, the drink menu was what appealed to most of the guests. They also loved the fact that Jay and Kanye, and Kings of Leon performed. The Prohibition is said to be the next Studio 54." Nikolas replied.

I grinned and held up my hand to high-five him. "Dude that's awesome, I'm so happy!"

"Now we really gotta get working, we gotta top last night, every night. We need to plan every night now." He said.

"I can't wait for the Halloween party! We've gotta think up some ideas." I smiled, looking back down at the menu.

"What're you gonna order?" Caleb asked, looking at his menu.

"I don't know, I'm starving! My last meal in the last two days was yesterdays lunch." I chuckled.

"You know what I noticed, Ryan wasn't at the party last night." Chanel abruptly looked up.

"Yeah, you invited him didn't you?" Daniel looked at me.

I cleared my throat feeling uncomfortable about talking about him; I haven't talked to him a long time now. "Uh, Nikolas sent the invitation. He was probably busy."

"Hmm, I'll have to call him and go for lunch with him sometime." Daniel looked back down.

"Should we order?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Please." Caleb closed his menu and waved the waitress over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)

Audrey and Caleb's Clothes