Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

The Invitation

Image


I was sitting on the couch doing some sketching in my book, when Caleb came in putting on his shirt after a shower. "Whatcha doin'?" He asked, sitting next to me turning on the t.v.

"Just doing some designs." I smiled, leaning in and kissing his cheek.

"Cool. So I was thinking of checking out the Ranch for a couple days, my mom wants me to come and visit." He said, watching the t.v.

"That sounds cool, when were you thinking of going?" I asked, looking down at my work.

"Well, I was actually thinking tonight. I mean, it's a short flight to Tennessee, my brothers wanna go too, and I'd be back within a week to come see you before I go back on tour." He replied.

"Tonight? Okay...yeah that's okay, I mean you wanna see your family. And you can tell them the big news too." I smiled.

"I wish you had the time to come too, but you're gonna start the movie soon right?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's okay, I can always Skype your parents and I keep in touch with Johanna." I replied, smudging a sketch with my finger.

"Are you sure? I'll wait." He asked, looking down at me.

I started to laugh, "Caleb, go to Tennessee. I don't mind, besides, who knows how long this movie will be."

"Okay, I'll go pack a duffle bag and call the guys." He chuckled, getting up and leaving the room.

"What time are you leaving?" I called after him.

"Well, there's an hour difference between here and Nashville, so I don't wanna arrive too late in the evening. Maybe we'll go at six, the flight is about two and a half hours, we'll arrive at maybe 9:30pm." He called back.

"Okay." I mumbled, still drawing. The downstairs buzzer went off, so I got up and went to answer it.

"Hello." I spoke into the box.

"Good afternoon Miss Cobain, Hobson here. I have a delivery for you, from the Versace manor."

I smiled when I heard that it was Hobbs, so I welcomed him and buzzed the door for him and waited for him to come upstairs.

"Hey Hobbs, how are you?" I grinned, outstretching my arms to hug him.

"I am well, how are you Miss Cobain?" He softly smiled.

"I too am well. So what is the delivery?" I asked looking at the envelope in his hand.

"It was delivered to the Manor by Mr. Gosling last night, I am informed that he didn't get the memo that you had moved out of your old apartment. I was asked to give this to you." He handed the envelope to me.

"Thank you. Did he say anything else?" I whispered.

He shook his head and whispered in reply, "I'm afraid not."

I nodded, "That's fine. Thank you Hobbs, I appreciate this." I hugged him again.

"Is there anything else I can do for you Miss Cobain?" He asked.

"Other than calling me by my first name, no nothing else." I chuckled.

"Very well. Have a good afternoon." He bowed his head and turned to leave.

I shut the door and walked back to the living room. Before I opened it, I looked around to see if Caleb was near. I grabbed my sketch book and went up to my studio. I tossed the book on the table and quickly opened the envelope. It was an invitation to a film premiere. A film called Drive.

I pulled it further out the envelope, then a slip of paper fell out onto the floor, so I picked it up and examined it. I smiled when I realized it was a short note from him.

"Tonight at eight, meet me at the Rose Bar on the Gramercy Terrace. I'll be waiting.
-Ryan"


"Who was that?" Caleb called from downstairs.

I cleared my throat, "Just the downstairs neighbour, the laundry's done."

I held the letter close to my chest as I smiled and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please :)