Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Falling Into Place

Image

We had written the song and called it Edge of Glory. So far, it was my personal favourite; I couldn't wait to show it to Caleb. We stayed up half the night writing and recording, finishing it off, so far, with four good songs: You and I, Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, and a slightly older song of mine, Fashion of His Love.

Marilyn called it a night at about 3am, concerned that if he kept me up any longer I'd be tired for next day's filming, so I gave him a hug and wished him a good night before he left. Brian stayed for about another half-hour and had just checked his phone that had been shut off since he came, Michelle had sent him about nine text messages and three voicemails.

We laughed and I rolled my eyes, telling him, "You'd better get back, she just might try and fulfill her dream of killing me, if you stay any longer."

He chuckled and then sighed as he stood up, stretching and then sighing again, "Well Audrey, thanks for inviting me over. I'm glad we could do this." He outstretched his arms to hug me, I embraced him.

"I feel the same way." I smiled, patting his back and soon being released from him.

"I'm also really glad that we're friends now. We had a crazy past no doubt, and being friends now without having to argue all the time is really nice. It's relieving." He chucked.

"It really is." I laughed, "We gotta hang out again! Call me the next time you're in New York."

"I will, and you call me whenever you're in Cali." He smiled, we walked to the door. I opened it for him and leaned against it's side.

"For sure. Oh! And I don't know if you want to, but Caleb and I have settled on a wedding date. We're getting married in under two weeks, October 29th, would you like to come?" I smiled, clenching my fists as I waited for his reply.

He smiled and nodded, "Of course I will. I need to witness my favourite ex-girlfriend's happiest day."

I laughed and hugged him again, "Thank you. I'll send you an invitation, it'll be in the mail by the time you're back in Huntington."

"Alright. Well, goodnight, have a good sleep." He smiled, kissing the top of my head.

"Goodnight." I smiled, he left out the door and slowly I closed it after him.

After locking the door, I leaned against it and smiled. "I can't believe it. Everything's finally working out. And, I'm getting married!" I grinned, talking to myself. I jumped a little and then began to walk down the hall, through the living room and toward my bedroom.

Up in my room I stripped off my clothes and changed into one of Caleb's old pyjama pants and one of my tank tops, I jumped into bed and huddled under the blankets. "I am going to be Mrs. Caleb Followill." I smiled, closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please