Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Libraries and Teapots

Image

November Tenth

The next morning Caleb, his brothers and their fiancées were ready to leave back to Tennessee, so I was saying bye to all of them. I gave them hugs and wished them a safe flight back home. I went up to Caleb and wrapped my arms around him and kissed him, "Call me when you get back to Nashville."

"I will." He smiled, he kissed me again. "Take care of our baby. I'll be home in December."

I made a sad face and nodded, "I'll miss you."

He touched my face and smiled, "I'll miss you too, but I'll call you everyday."

I smiled and kissed his cheek before he left with the others. I closed the door and sighed, talking to myself. "So what do I do now?" I looked around the apartment. Tomorrow I'd go back to filming, so I had the day to myself.

I looked up at the clock and read the time, 10:16 am, and decided that I'd take a bath. So I got ready and ran myself a nice hot bath, putting in bubble bath and bath salts in the water. Slipping slowly into the water I smiled feeling warm and relaxed, pushing around the bubbles in the water. I spent quite a while in the tub until the water started to cool, so that was when I got out and wrapped myself up in my robe and went out into the living room.

Spending my days off watching t.v wasn't how I liked to use my time, I looked up at my library in my office and decided to alphabetically organize my books. So I turned on some music of the 50s to pass the time.

Walking up the stairs and looking at all the books that filled the shelves of the bookcases, I sighed. "This is gonna take a while." I began taking down the books and stacking them on the my desk and the chair, sorting them alphabetically by book title.

I must have spent an hour, maybe an hour and a half, just sorting out the books. I sat on the floor surrounded by piles of books, humming along to the song playing. My stomach growled and I knew that I needed to get something to eat, so I got up and went down from the office to my bedroom to change. I just wore some sweats and a baggy sweater and a scarf, knowing it was getting chilly out. I left my apartment and walked down the stairs, hearing laughter coming from Jack's apartment as I passed it, I just smiled and continued to go outside.

Being met by a cold breeze, I hugged myself as I walked down to the corner coffee shop. I quickly went in and waited in line, looking up at the menu. When I was next I went to the counter and ordered myself a caramel macchiato, a croissant, and a cookie.

I thank the lady and took my bag and cookie, going to the other counter to get a lid for my drink. I braced myself for the chilly temperature outside and went out, and as I had started walking back toward home, I was stopped by a voice.

"Audrey."

I quickly stopped and looked back over my shoulder at Ryan. I made a face and shook my head, not expecting him to be there. "Ryan, what're you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." He looked like he hadn't slept a wink. I thought for a moment and then sighed, "My apartment isn't that far from here, we can go there."

We walked in silence back to my place and he followed me in the building, up the stairs to my place. I hung up my scarf and took off my shoes, going into the living room, inviting him in.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, setting down my food and coffee, turning to face him.

He hesitated and was quiet for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts and what he'd say. I lowered my eyes, knowing that I had to give him time.

"You're...you're pregnant...Audrey, Caleb said that you're three weeks pregnant, three weeks ago we shared that night together." He spoke, "Audrey tell me the truth, is that baby mine?"

I looked up at him and saw the pain and distress in his eyes, I took a deep breath and thought for a while, remaining quiet. "Ryan, I'm married now and Caleb is ready to be a father. Even if this baby isn't his, I will always say that it is. This is the best thing in my life right now, I don't want to lose this feeling."

"But Audrey, if that baby is mine I want to be the one to take care of him or her. I should be the father." He shook his head.

"Ryan stop. You can't keep doing this. Our lives are going in different directions, Caleb is going to be the father, you have no say in the matter."

"Yes I do, I will hold this against you Audrey, I will tell everyone-"

"Blackmailing me? How could you? You would humiliate me and ruin my marriage because of this. Wait nine months Ryan, I'm not going to take a paternity test, Caleb can't know. But when I see my child I will know who the father is."

He sighed loudly and didn't say anything.

"Go back to Eva." I stood up and walked to the door. He slowly followed me to the door and stopped in front of me, pausing for a moment.

I looked away as I held the door open for him, "I never wanted us to end up like this. I never thought we would."

He looked at me and then left out the door without saying anything. I quietly shut the door and walked back into the living room, I picked up my coffee and bag and walked up the other stairs going up to my studio.

In my studio I turned on my iPod on it's docking system, looking for something I haven't listened to in a while. I found The Fray and forgot how amazing they are, so I played them to calm me down from my not-so pleasant visit from Ryan.

I sipped my coffee and leaned back into the couch, holding my coffee with my right hand and writing in my notebook with my left. Even with good music, good coffee, and time to myself, I was still really bothered by what Ryan had said. I stayed up in my studio for a while until my doorbell rang, I was curious as to who it was; I wasn't expecting anyone.

So I got up and went downstairs to answer the door, and it was a delivery guy standing there struggling to hold a large bouquet of red roses and lilies, a teddy bear, chocolates, and something else in a bag.

"Delivery for Mrs. Followill." He panted. "Sign here." He held out a clipboard in which I quickly signed.

"Who are these from?" I smiled, taking them from him and setting them down behind me on the bench.

"Mr. Followill." He replied, lastly handing me the bag.

I grinned and got excited, "Thank you! Have a nice day."

"You too." He turned and left as I shut the door after him.

I took my gifts into the dining room and set them down on the table, smelling the flowers and hugging the bear. Caleb is such a sweetie, he got me my favourite chocolates, and as I looked in the bag I took out a can of David's Tea and a teapot.

"He's so sweet!" I smiled, I found a card at the bottom of the bag and read it.

Just because :)
P.S
the tea is named after you, I can't believe I found it!


I looked at the tin and read the name on it, Forever Nuts. I burst out laughing and rolled my eyes, a typical Followill thing. I gathered my gifts together and took out my phone to take a picture. Posting it to Twitter, I wrote, "Oh how I love my husband, made my day! I also love how he can insult me at the same time. Apparently the tea is named after me! #forevernuts"

I laughed and texted him after. "Thanks hun, I love everything!"

He texted back, "I'm glad you like them, Jared came up with the nuts thing. haha.

"Of course. Lol"

I smiled and looked at my stuff, I decided to go back up to my library and finish what I had started. As I was up there putting back the books and filling all the spaces, I smiled and gave a sigh of relief. "Everything's gonna be alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
Forever Nuts is my absolute favourite tea from Davids Tea!

Anyways, Leave a Comment and Subscribe :}