Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Image

November Ninth

About more than a week had passed and it was the "second" big day, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show! I got to the venue at 8 this morning to begin preparation and check out my outfits for tonight. Caleb was leaving tomorrow, so I felt bad that I had to work all day today, but we would see each other tonight for the after party.

I was in the makeup area with all the angels, my family, getting dolled up when our boss Ed Razek came over to me.

"Audrey my dear, you're married!" He smiled, giving me a hug and kiss. This was my first time seeing him today.

"Ed darling, I am and I've missed you." I grinned.

"Babe, your hair! It's short!" He chuckled, running his fingers through it.

"I know. Is that gonna be a problem tonight?" I bit my lip.

He took a minute to answer but then smiled. "You know this'll be a first time a short haired model will have walked in the show."

I didn't say anything. He started to laugh, and hugged me again. "You look like a little girl right now. Of course it's okay! Audrey you've never been the girl that took orders, you've always marched to the beat of your own drum."

I gave a sigh of relief as Behati and Miranda laughed at me. He let me get back to getting ready with the girls. Behati of course whipped out her phone to take pictures of us for instagram, we made duck lip faces, some unattractive angles were caught too so I asked that she didn't post those!

We had assistants go out and get us lunch since we had to stay there till the show. So we managed to get a hold of a copy of the guest list and seating arrangement list. As I requested, Caleb and his brothers and their fiancee's were seated front row. Looking through the names, I realized that Ryan and Eva were coming tonight. Great/

"I am so excited that Jay-Z and Kanye are performing tonight!" Lily smiled.

"Yeah I know! They're gonna kill it." I replied, then saw the assistants coming back with our lunch. "Food!"

The girls laughed at me, but I didn't care, I was starving! I took out my vegetarian sandwich from the bag and my Snapple and began eating.

"So when are you gonna tell everyone?" Behati whispered to me as quiet as she could. Lily moved closer in.

I smiled and finished swallowing my food, "Tonight. After the show. I wanna surprise Ed."

"He'll love this!" Lily smiled.

"Babies make everything better." Miranda added. Slowly the girls were finding out one by one.

"I've got butterflies in my stomach I'm so nervous! Has anyone ever thrown up on the runway?" I laughed, grossing out the girls.

"You'd definitely make history." Lily laughed.

"Oh boy, tonight's gonna be something special." I bit my lip.

That Night...

"I can't believe I'm kicking off the show!" I grinned, jumping up and down from excitement. There were going to be six segments tonight and I was walking three of them, extremely exciting. This segment was the Ballet one, with delicate pastel coloured lace and chiffon lingerie set to rock music.

I stood backstage ready to go, hearing "Make Me Wanna Die" by Pretty Reckless begin, waiting to be queued on. It was time.

I walked out with all of my confidence in tact and the nervousness gone. A roar of cheers and whistles filled the room as I walked down the runway. Caleb was standing up cheering for me, so I winked at him and blew him a kiss. Making it to the end of the runway I gave my signature pose and look, a Marilyn Monroe sultriness in my body language and a Lauren Bacall look and smirk.

The rest of night was amazing! I walked the Ballet segment, and the Passion one, and the I Put A Spell On You. The Victoria's Secret Fashion show is my absolute favourite time of the year for us! After we had gathered all on stage for an encore, we went backstage and Caleb quickly came to meet me with a bouquet of roses.

"Oh Caleb, they're beautiful!" I smiled, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. "Okay, it's time! Let's tell Ed." I grinned, he smiled back and followed me.

"Ed darling, come here!" I smiled, pulling him into a hug. "You've outdone yourself again. The show was amazing!"

"Oh thank you dear, but it could not have been as perfect as it was without it's main star." He kissed my cheek.

"Ed, my husband and I have something important to tell you." I bit my lip.

"Oh really now?" He smirked.

I began calling the girls to gather around, "Ladies, gather around. Now, some of you already know the big news, and I'm not talking only about the wedding." I cleared my throat and looked and Ed with a smile, holding hands with Caleb. "Ed, Caleb and I are gonna have a little angel of our own."

His eyes grew big with surprise and he started to laugh, hugging the both of us. "My Audrey is gonna have a baby?"

The girls started cheering, gathering in for a group hug. I smiled at Ed, "I'm three and a half weeks along."

"Babe, were you keeping this from me 'cause you thought you wouldn't be able to do the show?" Ed laughed.

"Yeah." I sheepishly smiled.

"Audrey, Caleb. I am so happy for you!" He replied.

"Thank you Ed." I smiled, hugging Caleb.

"Now go on, the pink carpet awaits all of you. Party time!" He clapped his hands at us.

"I have to go change into my dress!" I grinned at Caleb.

"Alright, I'll wait for you in the other room, that's where the boys are. Text me when you're ready." He kissed me and left, and I went to go change into my dress by Gucci and had one of the makeup artists change up my makeup before I went out to find Caleb.

"Let's take a picture first, I wanna tell the world I'm pregnant." I smiled, taking out my phone. "Nathan can you take the picture?"

"Sure." He took my phone and Caleb stood behind me, placing his hands on my stomach. After Nathan took the picture, I posted it to Twitter.

The show was amazing as always! But I think this takes the cake: Yup, I'm pregnant :) #couldn'tbehappier #fistpump

After posting it to Twitter, we went out to our limo that was taking us to the party. At the pink carpet, the paparazzi and reporters were all there. I made my way on the carpet and posed for a few single pictures, but always included Caleb when I could, flashing my wedding ring at the cameras with a smile. Behati and I would goof around and pose for pictures together too.

Later on we all made our way into the party and I got a glass of sparkling cider as I walked around and socialized with everyone. Most already found out via Twitter about Caleb and I having a baby, so they congratulated us. As all the guests arrived at the party, Ed who was the host, took the stage and got everyone's attention.

"Good evening everybody, how are you all doing tonight?" He was received by cheers. "The show was one of the best shows we've put on to date, and I wanna thank you for coming tonight, but I've got bigger news to talk about. Audrey, Caleb, would you please come up here with me?"

I laughed and held hands with Caleb as we walked up to the stage and stood up there with Ed.

Ed continued, "So most of you knew, through Twitter that a little over a week ago Audrey and Caleb got married." Everyone started clapping, "And again over Twitter, you know the second big news. After the show, Audrey told me and the girls that she and her new husband, Caleb are expecting a little angel of their own."

More clapping and cheers from the guests began. Caleb smiled as he held me close, his arms around me.

Ed raised his glass, "Audrey and Caleb, I could not be anymore happier for you than I am right now. Our little angel is gonna have an angel of her own. Let's raise a toast to lifelong happiness and health to Audrey and Caleb Followill."

Caleb and I clinked our glasses with Ed and took a drink. "Thank you Ed." I smiled, hugging him.

"Thanks Ed, this means a lot." Caleb shook hands with him. Ed continued welcoming the guests and Caleb and I went off the stage, getting hugs and more congratulations from our friends. "Thinkin Bout You" by Frank Ocean began and Caleb that romantic, pulled me into a dance. We swayed side to side and had a little moment together.

"I love you so much." I looked up at him.

"I love you more." He smiled, kissing me tenderly and then sighing, he made a sad face. "I don't wanna leave tomorrow."

I hugged him and rested my head on his shoulder. "I don't want you to go."

"I'll be back before Christmas though, but even that's so long."

I didn't say anything, I just wanted to hold him all night and never let go. Later on in the night, we were talking to Miranda and her husband Orlando, who have a baby of their own. We were laughing with each other, and the guys were chumming around getting along just great. As we were inviting them to come visit us sometime at our home in Tennessee, Eva came over holding hands with Ryan, pulling him with her.

"Audrey I am so happy for you two!" She grinned, pulling me into a hug, causing me to stumble into her because of my heels.

"Thank you, we're really happy." I smiled.

Ryan looked at me, "I had no idea until Ed announced it that you're pregnant."

I nodded, but Caleb replied for us. "We just announced it before the party, over Twitter. We've been keeping it on the down low for about three weeks now."

"Congratulations." Ryan nodded, sipping his champagne.

"So are you gonna find out the baby's gender when it's more developed?" Eva grinned.

Caleb and I looked at each other and lightly laughed, "We actually haven't talked about that yet."

"Well regardless, I am so happy for you." She smiled, hugging us again. We thanked her again and excused ourselves.

Caleb and I went to sit down with some other friends, joining their conversation but also having a quiet and private one of our own.

"I know he's your friend, but I don't like him." Caleb quietly spoke.

I shook my head, "We're not friends anymore, Caleb."

He lifted his eyes and met mine, "Really?"

"We got into an argument and I put an end to it. Our friendship. I love you Caleb, you mean more to me than anything and anyone." I smiled, placed my hand softly against the side of his face, kissing him.

He looked down and smiled, "I love you Audrey. You're gonna be an amazing mother because you're an amazing wife."

I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "You're gonna make me cry!" I laughed.

"C'mon now, don't go making your wife cry." Orlando laughed, sitting with us with Miranda. "Pregnant women are extremely emotional."

Miranda elbowed him and laughed, "I wasn't that bad."

We laughed, "I'm actually looking forward to seeing how I'm gonna be as my pregnancy progresses." I smiled.

"It'll be great. I loved mine." Miranda smiled, placing her hand on mine.

I rested my head on Caleb's shoulder, smiling as I thought about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let Me Know What You Think, Leave a Comment :)

Audrey's After-party Dress