Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up

Chapter 7: Big Time Idea

Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up ♥ James Diamond{BTR!}

Chapter 7: Big Time Idea

Disclaimer: I don't own Big Time Rush.


"I don't know," I sighed, picking at a fringe on a burgundy pillow. "I don't trust him. Like, at all."

"If you don't mind my asking," Jo said, "what exactly happened with you and James?"

We were in Camille's apartment (her dad wasn't there at the moment), having a talk about whether I should take James's supposed peace offering or not. It smelled fishy to me (especially since when he said VIP passes he really meant a VIP pass, and likewise with the ticket), just like he used getting me this job to make me his personal slave. Camille, however, seemed to think he was genuine about it (because she "knew James really well" and she "knew he really had a big heart and wasn't as bad as I thought he was"), but I was still unconvinced (he might do something like in Carrie and pour pig's blood on me or something in front of thousands of people) so we were asking Jo for her opinion. They were sitting on the couch while I was sitting on the floor at the base of it, worrying the pillow.

I sighed again at having to rehash it all to someone else. "Basically I poured a coke over his head not knowing who he was or that I would wound his poor weak ego and that he'd go ballistic, and he's been out to get me ever since."

"Wow," Jo said. "Well... that's James."

"Hey, the concert is here in L.A.," Camille said, "so we'll both be there."

"Yeah," Jo said. "There's no way James can get some kind of payback with us backing you. And I'll tell Kendall to make sure James doesn't try anything or have anything planned."

"And I'll tell James to lay off you. If I threaten him and scare him, he'll have no choice." Camille shrugged nonchalantly.

"Thanks, you guys." They were being such great friends to me. But somehow that made me feel sorry about Rain even more. She should be here as well helping me with this. No matter how "freaking hot" she thought he was; in the long run she'd still take my side.

Suddenly that gave me an idea.

"I'll be right back." I jumped up and threw the pillow on the couch. "Hey!" Camille squealed, and I knew I'd accidentally hit her with it. I looked back to apologize, but it turned out she'd caught it anyway and was just being a drama queen.

I opened her door only to find Logan outside of it with her hand poised to knock.

"Oh. Hey," he said. "I was just looking for—"

"She's in there," I said, gesturing back into the room with my head. Logan was so obviously still utterly smitten with Camille. (And still friends with James, which I couldn't grasp, after she and James had kissed—which I also couldn't grasp. Camille had just shrugged and said, "He's hot, okay?" Yeah, he was hot, but who would kiss that jerk?—while she was still with Logan. I probably would never have forgiven James if it was me.) "Do you know where I can find James?"

Logan shrugged. "Check our room. He's been locked up in there all day working on writing a song."

I shook my head. "God knows with him it's just gonna be 'my hair is so beautiful', 'girl, look at my beautiful face...'" I cracked up, and Logan laughed too.

"I can't say I disagree. Then again, we have written a few amazing songs on our album..."

I didn't say co-written outloud. "I doubt he helped," I said again, lacking faith in not just his but BTR's songwriting skills. Their music was pretty cool and catchy, but again, co-written. And only like 3 songs at that, if that. I doubted they could even play legit instruments too.

"Cool. Thanks," I said before Logan could reply to that comment.

James/Gustavo POV

James walked into Rocque Records, checking his phone as he did so—but not before catching his reflection and smiling at it in the glass door. He had texted Kelly and told her he was coming alone and asked her to warn Gustavo. He would be very upset if she hadn't; he had other things to do, like write the real song he was going to play at the L.A. show, not this decoy he was about to ask Gustavo if he could play—although the decoywas excellent, if he did say so himself. Besides, it's not like Gustavo was doing anything but sitting in the studio anyway.

"Kelly!" James called as soon as he stepped into the door. "Gustavo!"

Kelly suddenly appeared in front of him. "Gustavo's not very happy..."

"Well, where is he?" James asked impatiently.

"In the studio. You really shouldn't—"

He ignored her, barging into the studio.

"James!" she yelled after him.

Gustavo didn't even look up from the soundboard he was working on. He had very little tolerance for the air headed James. "What do you want, dog?"

James pressed his hands on the soundboard, leaning toward Gustavo, forcing him to look at him. "I have something I want to run by you."

Harper's POV

I knocked on the door of Big Time Rush's room. I'd heard through the grapevine that they had an actually legit swirly slide inside, and absently wondered if it was true. I waited nearly 5 minutes before the door finally opened. When I didn't see someone at my level, I had to look down. It was Kendall's little sister, Katie.

"Um... Is James in?" I asked.

"Ooooh," she scrunched up her face as she said this, "you just missed him."

"Do you know where I can find him?" Maybe him being gone was a sign that my idea wasn't such a good one after all. Maybe I should just give up.

"That information will cost you," Katie said. I must have looked immensely shocked, because she said, "Kidding. I'll let it slide since you're new and don't know the ways around here." She put her hands on her hips. She was so tiny. And so cute. "He's at Rocque Records. I'll tell you how to get there for an extra fee."

I smiled slightly. "I know how to get there, thanks."

She pouted. "Darn it."

I laughed. "Thanks!"

I decided not to go into Rocque Records. I would wait until James came out, even if it meant waiting all day. I drew in a deep breath. I had to do this. It was the only way to make things right.

I actually didn't have to wait very long before James came strutting out of the building. But I was leaning against it, beside the opposite door he came out of, and he didn't see me while looking straight ahead.

I pushed off the brick. He was almost at the sidewalk. "James!" I called out. "Wait up!"

He turned around, and when he saw who it was his forehead crinkled in surprise, like I was the last person he expected to see. Trust me, he was the last person on earth I wanted to be talking to, especially about a favor.

"Hey, Harp," he said in that quirky way I hated so much as I made my way toward him. "Waiting for me to tell me you've changed your mind about dating me, huh?" He raised an eyebrow, wiggled it, and grinned.

"Not even in your dreams," I retorted.

He raised his eyebrows in question this time. "Well then, you're the last person I expected to find waiting outside for me."

"I know, I know." I rolled my eyes.

"Come to call a truce then?"

"Not even." I clucked my tongue. Then I sighed. "Look, about that apology."

"So that's it! You came to accept!"

"No! Well, maybe! Just listen and freaking shut up, okay? I will only accept your apology on one condition."
♠ ♠ ♠
3 words: James. Maslow. urFRENZ.