You've Stolen My Heart

Now You Know

I took a deep breath. I was about to tell her about the real Mike Mizanin. "Let me start at the beginning. I met Mike at a charity event in Santa Monica. He was there representing the WWE and I was there just to be me. He was sitting at the same table as me. We started talking and I was just completely taken by him. He made me feel like I was something special.” I smiled remembering how he used to make me feel. “By the end of the event we had exchanged numbers. By the end of the night we had texted more than I had texted anyone else in my contacts.” I had to laugh a little bit, because nowadays I was lucky to get a good morning kiss.
“We started dating and he was the perfect boyfriend. I couldn’t have asked for anyone else. He texted me every morning and every night. It was about a year and a half ago that he started being verbally abusive and telling me that I was no good, I was lucky to be with someone like him, all that junk. Then about eight months ago he started being physically abusive.” I shuddered at the memories that were flooding my mind. I didn’t mean to but I started to cry. I felt two arms wrap around me and realized that it was Shane. I melted into her chest and just cried. I hadn’t had a good cry in a long time. I know that people would think that it sounds crazy, a good cry, but sometimes all I really need is a good cry. I can just let all of the stress, anger, hurt comeout through my eyes.

“Hey, you don’t have to tell me anymore. It’s alright. I don’t want you to feel like you have to tell me anything. Let’s get you out of these bloody clothes.” She took me by the hand and walked me to her bedroom. She told me to sit on the bed and she’d be right back. She walked down the hall and I assumed to her friend Jenny’s room. I wasn’t eavesdropping but I couldn’t help but to overhear what Shane was talking about.
“Jenny, hey can I ask you a favor?”
“Sure, what’s going on?”
“Well I was over at her house doing her hair and then I don’t know what happened but the next thing I know we were kissing and then her boyfriend came in, caught us and he beat her, but look back to my favor. I don’t want her to have to go back to him. I was wondering if I could move her in. She could’ve gone anywhere else but she didn’t she chose to come here. I can’t let her go back to being beat like that.” I heard Shane telling Jenny.

“Of course she can stay. Let me know if you need any help.”
“Thanks man, you’re the best.” With that Shane walked back into the room. I didn’t wait for her to say anything I just got up, walked over to her and threw my arms around her neck. I nuzzled into her neck and held onto her tightly.
“Thank you.” I whispered in her ear. She must have assumed that I’d heard by then and she hugged me back and kissed the top of my head. “You’re welcome” I knew from that moment on that she was going to something special to me and that this was the beginning of a new life. I also knew that it was a life-changing day because I discovered that I had strong feelings for Shane and that I was possibly I was turning lesbian. Well today was certainly turning out to be crazy. I chose to move out, I discovered that I have feelings for another woman, and I kissed a girl for the first time.