Time Is Nothing

'Thms fmr cemplng mm,'

Jezebel POV

All I can say about that Dance is that it was reaaaally boring, and I, was dateless. Damon said he had some ‘business to attend to’, so I was left to stand watching people slow dancing. It didn’t help that I was the new girl either. The next day was worse though. I was sat in my room and my Dad shouted me down because he said someone was at the door for me. When I got there I was surprised to see Stefan leaning against the wall next to the door.

“What do you want, Stefan?” he smirked at my hostility and turned to face me.

“I just wanted to apologize on Damon’s behalf, for leaving you at the dance. I would have taken you, if I wasn’t busy.”

“It’s a real shame,” I went to shut the door in his face but he cut me off.

“Come on, I said sorry!”

“That doesn’t change the fact that you bit me!” I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at him.

“I’m sorry for that too, is it too much to ask just to forgive me?”

“Yes,” and with that I fully shut the door. I did my research, no way was I ever letting Stefan Salvatore into my house.

I turned to walk back up the stairs and when I reached the top I felt a pang of pain jolt through my head and I saw a flash of images. The first one was Stefan, kissing me, the second one was me crying in Damons arms, and I couldn’t quite put my finger on the last one. The pain carried on and I couldn’t help but shout for Stefan, who was funnily enough waiting at the door.

“INVITE ME IN!” I was cautious whether to or not, But I decided I was in too much pain.

“JUST COME IN ALREADY!” he shot up the stairs and was soon by my side, he picked me up bridal style and carried me around until he found my room, then placed me on the bed.

He sat at the side of me just looking at my face with an unreadable expression.

“Spit it out, Stefan.”

“I can’t, because if I do, then Damon will rip my head off,”

“When have you ever cared about what Damon would do to you? I hardly know you, but know enough to know you don’t give a crap what he thinks,” he chuckled lightly then looked at me.

“I don’t know if this will work, but it’s worth a shot,” he pulled me to look into his eyes, “You will remember everything, apart from what Damon did,”

Then everything came flowing to me, like flash backs.

I was sat in the grill with Damon, our hands were entwined and Damon was looking at my face.

“Have I got something on my face, Damon?” I teased.

“This can’t end, Jay. You’re the only one who ever chose me, I can’t lose you.” he reached up and ran a hand down my face.

“Damon, you’ll find me. I know you will,”

I opened my eyes and stared at Stefan, frowning, before I saw something again.

I ran into the Boarding house and into Damon’s arms, before breaking down.

“I’m sorry, Damon.”

It wasn’t long before the flashback changed and I realised why I was saying sorry.

Stefan and I, were walking to my house and we were talking about what to do with Elena, since she was asking questions about Klaus and the Originals. When we finally reached my doorstep he stopped and I turned around to look at him.

“Stefan, aren’t you coming inside? I really need help on this history homework, and you know way more about that than I d-” I was cut off by him kissing me, but I pulled back and stared at him, frowning, before my eyes focused on the being behind him.

“Damon,” he gave a frown, and a tiny smile, “DAMON!” I pushed past Stefan but he’d already gone, so I turned back around to Stefan and raised my hand to his face. I knew it wouldn’t affect him but it was worth a shot.

That’s when everything faded away, I was confused as to why I didn’t see my last flashback, but I didn’t dwell on it.

I came back to reality, sat up and slapped him in the face.

“Sorry about that,” he smirked.

“I can’t believe you’d do that to him Stefan. You knew he was there didn’t you?”

“He said he was paying you a visit, I didn’t like how close you two were.”

“I don’t think you have the right to, Stefan. Go.”

“Jezebel...” he was pleading with his eyes.

“Go, Stefan.” it was barely audible.

***

Since I was perfectly fine after my flashbacks, I decided to go to the boarding house, the place that I knew like the back of my hand.

I plucked up the courage and knocked on the door, but Stefan answered.

“Is Damon there?” he must have automatically registered my voice and came rushing to the door.

I stood staring at him for what seemed like hours, with a sad look on my face, before stepping forward and wrapping my arms around his neck.

“I am so so so sorry, Damon.” then it dawned on me. I pulled back and slapped him in the face.

“Ow? What was that for!?”

“That was for making me forget,” I pushed past him and sat down on one of the sofas, “Now I think you’d better start talking about Elena, since, you know, I didn’t even know there was another Petrova Doppelganger!”

He walked over to me and sat next to me. Not long later Stefan joined him, so I was in the middle of the two Salvatore brothers. I could tell it wasn’t going to go down well.

“That’s what we’d tried to figure out when we met Elena, then we realised something we should never have forgotten,” Damon paused and I sat looking at him, waiting for him to carry on.

“Don’t leave me hanging!”

“Katherine had a twin sister,” my jaw dropped and I put two and two together.

“Elena’s my sister?” Damon gave an awkward smile and I sat back with my hands on my head

Then I heard slow clapping, most likely sarcastic.

“You’ve finally figured it out. I knew there was another Petrova Doppelganger, before either of you even met dear Jezebel,” I sighed hearing who it was.

“Not now Niklaus,” I rubbed my temples in confusion.

“You know him?” Damon asked, quite angrily.

“I knew him before I met you, like he said,” realisation hit me like a ton of bricks, I jumped up stormed over to Klaus and slapped him.

“I guess I deserved that one,” I slapped him on the other cheek, “And that,” then lastly on both, “Now that’s just plain rude, Sweetheart.”

“You left me!” I could tell both Stefan and Damon were confused due to their lack of movement, “I haven’t seen you in years and then I find out you’ve been plotting against these two?” I pointed back to the brothers sat in silence, “Low blow, Niklaus.” I turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist, I looked back to face him and finally was brought back to reality, “I’m the Doppelganger, that’s the only reason you ever knew me,” I ripped my arm from his grasp and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“What? No, You know that’s not true Jezebel, I didn’t even know that your blood made hybrids until a few weeks ago,”

“All the more reason for you finally to have turned up,” I walked away into the bedroom I had been in many times before and sunk into the duvet, that familiar smell lingering around me.

“Glad to have you back, Jay.”

“Thms fmr cemplng mm,” I mumbled out.

“Now say it in English,”

“Thanks for compelling me,” I sat up and walked over to him, “I forgot everything Damon,” I looked away, “And you didn’t even come to find me,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Looooooong Chapter..