Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 2

Chapter 2
“Erica, I love you,” my boyfriend John said. I gave him a confused look, because I know that it is not true. How can you tell someone that you love them if you do not really know them, and you have been dating for three days? It just does not make any sense at all.
I realize that he has some type of feelings for me, but they can not be love. Maybe they are butterflies, or frogs, or whatever, he just has a crush, and is lustful. True love takes time, and patience, it does not just happen over night.
“Eric?” he questioned. I snapped out of my thoughts. I smiled at him, and walked away. What was I suppose to say to him? I never know what to do in a situation like that. He stood there confused, as I continued on my way to band class.
“When are you going to dump that creep?” my friend Kathrine asked as I pulled my snare drum off of the drum shelf.
“Soon, I think. He told me that he loves me only after three days....” I said, and looked over at my best friend Anthony who was too busy talking to his friends to notice Kate's and my conversation. He has been extremely distant to me lately, and it has really been bothering me.
“You're still way too hung up on Anthony...” she trailed off as I gave her an evil look, and we both just started laughing. This girl knows me so well that I would not be able to hide anything from her, even if I tried to.
Anthony is just one of those boys who you meet and know you wanted him to be in your life no matter what happens. He is just a happy funny person, and he sure does know how to make you laugh.
I have known him for almost a year now, and we became best friends almost instantly. Something between us had just clicked and t was the most wonderful thing.
It is November now, and I told him back In September that I have feelings for him, but he told me that he was not ready for a relationship. Usually when a girl tells the guy she is crushing on how she feels and he does not feel the same things between the two of them become a little awkward. For us we just went back to normal like nothing had ever happened between us.
“One...two...one...two...ready...GO!” our band director instructed us as we began a song that we are playing for concert band.
I looked over at Anthony, and our eyes locked for a moment. I felt my heartbeat begin to pick up in speed, but he just smiled like he had no idea of the effect that he has on me. I smiled back at him, keeping in casual, and stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled. Our friendship is an easy one, we are not afraid to be ourselves, and we always know how to make each other laugh.
I have to give credit to Kate, because she is the one who introduced us to each other; if it was not for her I would be going insane. Anthony keeps me entertained when no one else is able to talk, and he is always there for me no matter what is going on in life, just like a best friend should be.
Once we finished playing concert band my friend Rachael came up to me as I was putting my drum away and told me that she needed to talk to me about something. I was confused, because the only real time that we talk is during field hockey season, because we are on the same team, and we do not really get along with some of the other girls on our team. She likes to start a lot of drama as well, so I usually tend to stay away from her to begin with.
“Erica, do you still like Anthony?” she asked. I was baffled, and I did not want it getting around that I still like him.
“No, I don't. We're just best friend , and that's all the we're going to be,” I said to her.
“Oh, well I was just wondering, because I like him now,” she said. At that moment my heart felt like it was in my throat and it felt like tears would pour from my eyes at any moment.
“Well go for it, you two would look cute together,” I said hoping that my voice would not crack, because of my emotions. She smiled at me and gave me a hug, so I shot her a weak fake smile back.
As soon as the bell rang signaling that it was time to go to our next class I quickly walked out of the band room before anyone could notice how deeply hurt I actually was feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think please?