Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

When I walked out of the band room John caught my arm and pulled me against his chest into a hug. His scent made my throat tighten, because I knew that I would never get to be held by Anthony like John holds me. I took a deep breath, and kissed John on the cheek. When I pulled away from him, he took my hand and walked me to lunch.
This is just the worst way to start my week. It also does not help that on Friday I am going to the junior/senior prom with Anthony, because we made the plans before school even started. I hope that this does not mess everything up, and make it even more awkward than it should be. He also promised to go to senior prom with me in the spring, but now I do not think he will keep that promise if he has a girl. I know his type of girlfriends, he likes the controlling ones, a reason as to probably why he does not like me. I am no where near being controlling. I just want to be the girl that is always on his mind, not Rachael or some other girl.
Usually Anthony has first lunch on Monday with us and some of my other friends, but for the past few weeks he has been eating is lunch in the band room.
As John sat next to me at lunch, and held my hand all I thought was, “I need to break up with him..now,” but I could not bring myself to do it. It is not fair to him that I really and truly only want Anthony. I sighed, and ran my hand through my hair. What am I going to do? I cannot let myself be stuck in a lie for any longer.
I want a real relationship with someone who has real feelings for me, and that I have real feelings for that person. It is really hard to be in a relationship where you do not really truly feel anything for the other person.
None of my friends really liked the idea of me being with John, but they liked the idea of me moving on from Anthony. John keeps me distracted from him, when I am with John I do not really talk to Anthony, because John gets mad. Jealousy overtakes him, and he turns into a really big asshole.
After lunch the rest of the day went by in one big blur until I was sitting in math waiting for the bell to ring signaling that we could go home.
“Hey girl, you know you're too good for John right?” My friend Christina asked. I just smiled.
“Why do you say that?” I teased.
“Because it's true! You need to find a man that isn't going to cheat on you.” She said and then the bell rang.
I was confused, but it was not the first time today that that has happened. I made my way up to the third floor to go to my locker to get my coat and cell phone, and what do I see? John kissing his ex girlfriend at her locker right across the hall from me. Is this a joke? We have been dating for three days and he is already cheating on me. I chuckled, I suppose Christina is right, I am way too good for him. I may not be the best girlfriend in the world, but I do not deserve to be cheated on, and neither does any other girl. I've been a pretty decent girlfriend despite the fact that my mind is set on another guy. I do not deserve to be cheated on, because I would never cheat on someone else no matter what was going on in my mind.
I waited until his ex girlfriend walked away before I walked over to him and slapped him across the face.
“What the hell was that for Erica?” John asked.
“That was for cheating on me you asshole!” I replied furious.
“I didn't cheat on you. I don't even know what you're talking about,” he said trying to cover for himself. That made me even more angry.
“How can you say that when I was standing across the hall, and watched you kiss her?” I asked on the verge of crying.
“I'm sorry,” he quietly said, and went to hug me. I pushed him away and ran out of the building.
I was just never meant to be in a serious relationship. I was never meant to fall in love with someone where each person is true to the other. I was just never meant to be in love at all, because all it is causing me is heartache, pain, and loneliness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update coming this weekend! =D
Comment to tell me what you think please!