Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

17

"Come, come," Nikki waved me over. She'd been taking pictures of Shaun. He stood in front of the white back drop grinning like crazy.

"Here," she said, holing up a blue shirt, "go put this on and let that lovely lady do you up." she said as she nodded off to the side. My heart stopped beating as I stared at her.

"Come on, you think I'd let matching casts come through here without pictures?! You two are a match made in my wildest dreams!" I laughed lightly as I took the shirt and ran off.

After I changed, post a pair of jeans being thrust at me as well, a lady brushed my face up with some kind of powder and messed with my hair a little. Once I'd gotten back Nikki told me to go over with Shaun. I bit my lip as I came up to him. He smirked, looking pleased with himself. He grabbed my hand and Nikki started snapping pictures. My nervousness went away, but my heart kept pumping away. Shaun and I got less serious as it went on. But everyone was eating it up.

I'm not sure who started it, but a chant slowly grew.

"We wann-a kiss! We wann-a kiss! We Wann-a kiss!" I froze up again. Nikki raised an eyebrow at us as she laughed.

"Not if you don't want," Shaun whispered in my ear. I looked at him thinking, it's not my choice, you choose. I watched as his eyes darted from my eyes, to my lips, eyes, then hung on my lips. I leaned up and kissed him; a wave of yells and wolf whistles ringing out. He reached up, holdng my face in his hands. I concealed a smile at the feel of his cast on my cheek as I linked my fingers through his belt loops. The wolf whistling continued as we parted. Shaun smiled, his lips about two inches from my own.

"Fruity," he whispered. Blood rushed to my face as I smile nervously. One stupid little word, but it made me highly aware of all the eyes watching us. Mostly because of the fact that if those eyes weren't there, I'd be diving in for more.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The shoot went on for about another hour. I was pretty pumped because I got to keep the outfit I'd worn. Katie hated me. I told her I'd go shopping with her and buy her something.

Afterwards, a TGIFridays party took place. Our group practically took up our own section of the restaurant. And of course - we were loud. But nothing too outrageous for a group our size. It was some time during this crazy outting that James brought up the pictures that'd been choosen to be used from the shoot. He also brought up the fact that they'd be all over the internet and throughout magazines.

"But I'm in some of those!" I yelped at him. He only chuckled as he pointed a finger at me. "James! That's not fair, you didn't tell me! I wasn't even supposed to be in the damn thing!" I acouldn't believe this. I didn't want the world looking at me. I didn't want to be 'that one chick with Shaun.' This little sucker was gonna get all right. Oooh, just let him wait and see.

"You agreed to it at the time, babe." James continued laughing.

"Yeah, come on August, it's not that bad. And you look amazing in them so it's not like anything bad can come out of it." Katie added.

"Do you have any idea how many girls would like to be in this position right now?!" James asked sitting back and thinking the thought over himself.

"Yeah but I'm not them," I mumbled to myself.

"You could've said no." Shaun whispered to me. "You're acting like you're dying of internal bleeding from this," he continued as I glanced at him, "I mean really... it's like you're 4."

I looked away quickly. No one else around the table could hear him. I could feel my face turning red from embarassment. "And James is right, girls are dying to do this kind of stuff and you just got it handed to you for free."

"Then why don't you go out with one of them." I snapped at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
"they said a storm was coming."