Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

2

Mikaela got back to the room 15 minutes after I did. I'd already made a semi-fort out of bed sheets over the floor in front of the TV, where I lay watching 'Nick&Nora's Infinate Playlist'. She grabbed the phone and we ordered some food. I explained my near death experience to her as we waited. She laughed her ass off.

"I would've brought him down at least." she said.

"Yeah, I know. And you're scary... you'd probably also crush his nuts and steal his board while he squirmed in pain."

She only smiled a wide, devious smile.

________________________________________________________________________

Seven o'clock in the fucking morning. Mikaela had turned the volume all the way up on the alarm clock. I practically threw the thing at her head. I got dressed and went on a search for coffee. I'll be damed if I'm to wake up at this hour and not recieve coffee. I waited for Mikaela in the lobby and handed her a hot chocolate once she'd appeared and we headed outside. I was literally speechless as we stood at the foot of the half pipe. This thing was huge. Gigantic. It was a monster. You're telling me people actually ride on this thing?! HA!

Almost an hour had passed as we watched run after run. I couldn't really watch. These people were flying God knows how many feet in the air over and over and over again. It was a death wish. And I didn't want to be someone who witnessed a first hand grant of said wish.

"Come on, at least watch this one. It's Shaun White! It's practically a sin to not watch while he's riding right in front of you." Mikaela pracitcally screamed at me. I sighed as I looked up at the dot of a person just starting his descent towards the half pipe. Watching this run wasn't all that bad. Probably because I'd gotten over the shock/fright facter. Or maybe because this guy was owning. He came sliding to a stop at the bottom as the crowed screamed and cheered.

'Nice goggles,' I thought to myself as I took note of his... tye... dyed... goggles? 'HOLY SHIT!' I gasped out loud and quickly looked down. Hopefully not one heard me and thought I was crazy. I looked up quickly. He'd removed the goggles, placing them on his helmet as he faced back towrds the half pipe, waiting for his scores. Yup; tye dyed frames and a metallic lense.I looked back down again. It couldn't be the guy that practically killed me. More than one persone had to have that pair of goggles.Yeah... of course... duh. Unless they're custom. For a certain snowboarding celebrity. Oh God, I'd been a total dick to this guy. Who ever he was. Shane? Scott? Something? What had Mikaela told me his name was? crap.

This whole scenario was stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I thought about telling Mikaela but then again, I'd like to keep my life thank you very much. She'd left snowboarding again anyways. I wound up falling asleep for another 2 hours. Mikaela still wasn't back when I woke up, so I figured I'd check that community room, just in case she'd wound up chilling out there. No luck though. I walked over to the couch that sat directly across from the fire place and threw myself on it. My limbs were sprawled in all directions as I took in the warmth. I felt myself getting tired again and had no objections to falling asleep in such a perfect place. That plan was interrupted.

"You make that look really comfortable." someone laughed lightly. I looked up quickly, snapping myself out of zombie mode. A small smile crept across my lips as I studied the complimentee. He had long-ish, cury hair and a handsome face, that also had a small smile on it. He shoved his hands in his pockets like al ittle kid.

"Yeah, well," I said as I cracked my knuckles and rolled my neck a little, "I'm a professional." He laughed again as he looked down.

"Mind if I," he asked pointing to the empty side of the couch.

"Oh yeah, go ahead." I said as I threw my arms back into position. "So, what's up?" I asked once he'd crossed his legs up on the coffee table that was in front of the couch.

"Hmm... nothing really. Long day,"

"I hear ya."

"This is a good way to bring it all back down. I love this place."

"I still hear ya." I said again. He laughed as he looked over at me. I stared into the fire as he studied me.

"So what are you out here for? Family vacation?"

"Nah, that snowboarding thing. My best friend kind of dragged me along."

"Dragged?"

"Well... I wasn't jumping at the chance to come when she first told me, you know?"

"But you're having fun right?"

"Yeah. I knew I'd have fun, I just... I don't know. I don't really follow snowboarind or anything."

"Can you do it?" he asked.

"IT? You wanna specify over here, cause I'd rather not get into clowns scarring my childhood."

"Snowboard," he sighed. I nodded a little.

"Kind of. I've gone with Mikaela a few times. It's nothing to be proud of."

"Well, I could teach you if you want. Or try to." he offered as he turned a little more towards me. I thought about it for a few seconds, then looked over at him. He sat waiting hopefully.

"Yeah, fine," I said dramatically.

"All right, nice. Um... well, I have to get going in a few... this thing I have to do... but if you're free tonight?"

"Yeah sure."

"Okay well, let's say 8:30?"

"8:30."

He sat forward and looked at the fireplace.

"So I'll see you later... um..."

"August," I said with a smile.

"August." he repeated. "Shaun," he said throwing a thumb towards himself. I nodded and waved a good bye as he stood and left. I waited until I knew he'd left the room to wiggle around in a little happy dance.