Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 11

Later that day, one of my 'aquaintances' in art class asked me if I'd help her out with her project. She told me it was a photography piece and that we'd need to go to the park after school. I agreed, excited that I'd be able to do something that seemed some what exciting considering the days had kind of been dragging on lately. And hell, she'd wanted me to be her model? Point for team Caitlyn!

Right before she was going to tell me what I'd be doing, her gaze focused on something off over my shoulder. I fought the urge to look, not like my will power wound up mattering much.

"Oh perfect! I could use you too!" she said excitedly as she hurried around me. I turned, following her only to find Mark standing there looking confused as he pulled at the straps of his backpack.

"I... really only came by to talk to Caitlyn." he said.

"You can talk to her anytime! Come on! I need your help, pleeease?! You'd be a model in my photo project, pleeease?" She continued on as I noticed Mark's cheeks tinging pink.

No wonder I never became friends with this whiner.

"Sure, I guess." he finally agreed. My excitement level dropped to about half. Then again, I shouldn't have been surprised that this shit happened.

We walked to the park once class was over. It was just down the road so it took no more than 10 minutes. Mark and I followed behind as art chick led the way to the spot where she watned to take pictures. I made sure to stay just a step ahead of him. We wound up at a small, some what secluded area that was surrounded by huge oak trees. Within the mass of trees, a picnic table sat in the shade.

"Take a seat," she said.

I stepped up on the bench, sitting down on the table top. Mark did the same, sitting next to me. His arms were stretched back, resting his weight on his hands as I on the other hand sat leaning forward, elbows resting on my knees and feeling a bit on edge.

She looked at us waiting.

"What?" I asked.

"Go!"

"Go what?" I laughed, "You didn't tell me what we were doing!"

She smiled with a light chuckle, "Kiss!"

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

Birds that had been sitting on a tree branch near by fled in a fury of wings.

"Oh come on, you guys are friends."

"So? Friends don't kiss, let alone for a camera." I said desperately.

"Yeah, you didn't exactly let us in on what we were signing up for before we left." Mark commented, now also leaning on his knees.

"Fine, you don't have to kiss... but you have to get close... like you're going to kiss."

Oh God... why did it feel like there was no winning this one?