Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 2

The first day was your typical, exciting do nothing kind of day. Just it was a little bit sadder for me, and the rest of the seniors no doubt, because we knew it was our last of this kind. Walking through the hall between 5th and 6th period I saw Taylor, who yelled "I meet a new frieeeend!" at me. I shook my head as I sighed at her lack of caring that was was in fact screaming at me. But that's Taylor.

After 6th period was lunch. I headed into the cafeteria and sat at the usual table, waiting for Tay. I never typically got lunch at school. It was desent and all, I just wasn't ever hungry at the time of day. Taylor usually got on line first thing then would head over to the table afterwards.
A chair opposite the table squeeked across the floor.

"That was fast," I commented.

"What?" someone asked. The definitley wasn't Tay. My head snapped up to find a brilliant pair of blue eye staring back at me.

"Can I sit here?" the guy from the music store asked.

"I don't see why not." I shrugged

"Thanks... it's a relief." I hadn't noticed that I'd continued staring at him until he smiled sheepishly, explaining himself, but not before his cheeks grew a little red. "I'm new. Moved in with my Aunt and Unle a couple weeks ago. Sucks cause..." he shrugged, "senior year with no one I know."

"Jeez," that did suck.

"Well... it's lookin better." he reasoned.

"BUDDY!!!" Tay yelled upon her approach. Both me and the new guy turned to look up at her. "This is my new friend!" she added with a grin as she sat down next to him.

"No way," he chuckled. "This is your best friend?" he asked

"The one and only!"

"I met her yesterday and-"

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Tay turned on me.

"I didn't know I had to!" I defended. Taylor started in on telling me about meeting him whilethey started eating, forcing me to sit and listen.

"My name's Mark by the way." he said quietly to me.
I nodded, "I-"

"Caitlyn... I know." he cut me off. "Why aren't you eating?" he asked a little while later.

"Cause she's a freak of nature." Taylor said as she got up to throw away her garbage.

"I don't ever eat during lunch. Not at school anyways." Mark eye'd me. "I'm just not hungry." I chuckled self consciously. "I get home and eat usually. It's just how I'm programed."

"Well... you like peaches?" he asked.

"Love peaches," I informed him, trying to hold back a grin.

"Good cause my Aunt always has them and I hate 'em. I don't even know where she gets them but she keeps giving them to me." he said as he held a peach up to me. I took a deep breath before taking it.