Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 8

He drove to his house and led me inside. He gave me one of his sweatshirts, but when I told him I didn't need it. He physically forced it over my head. Mark pulled me over to his bed and pulled me underneath the covers with him. Had this been any other situation I would have been elated, but now I just felt weak and uncaring and well... slightly conflicted.

In reality I didn't mind, but still, he was suddenly being... well, boyfriend like I guess and in some way that was just getting to me. But isn't that just me jumping to conclusions because he's just being a good friend. And he's a boy. See what I'm saying?

I was struggling to not get sucked into the amazing minty smell that was radiating from him. I focused on the over sized sleeves hanging from my hands.

"Mark?" I said in a barely audible voice. I took a deep breath and looked up at him, finding his eyes a mere 4 inches from mine, waiting.

"When I was 7..." I started in on my story.

It took me a while to tell because I wasn't sure of what words to put where and how to connect this thought and that. Plus, I was more scared than I'd been in a long time. For some reason, knowing this was Mark I was talking too made me even more on edge. God knows I wouldn't even dare tell this to anyone else.

Mark listened quietly though; running his fingers over my cheek, squeezing my side, or pulling his fingers through my hair whenever tears started to pool in my eyes. When I finally did finish, we sat in an oddly comfortable silence for a while.

I felt bad for unloading all of that on him but oh well. The tips of his fingers gently brushed back and forth over the back of my neck. I closed my eyes wishing I could just fast forward and have this all done with.

I brought my fists to my cheeks and rubbed them forcefully trying to get any black smudges off and just force the thoughts of all of my confessions away.

"Stop that," Mark demanded as he pulled my hands away.

I looked at him with a frown.

"Oh don't give me that look, you'll hurt your face."

"Oh well," I mumbled.

He let out a sigh as his arm dropped around my waist, maneuvering to keep my hands away from my face.

"I moved in with my Aunt and Uncle because my Dad's a fuck up... sent to rehab, almost prison. But I'd rather him be there than out being destructive." He informed me. My heart jumped, having had him share his own bit of a secret with me.

Yet, my stomach dropped a little as I looked up into his eyes. We stared at each other for a while.

"You're one of the best friends I've ever had... one of the only... the two." I rambled.

"Well, It's an honor." he smiled.

He'd gotten my mind off of everything. Mark had a way of calming me down that right now I much appreciated.