Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

Bite my tongue.

"Josh..." she said clinging to him tightly not wanting to let him go because she knew once she did he would be leaving. The weeks they had left seemed to fly by and neither of them were prepared for him to leave and she was now realizing how hard it was going to be for her.

"You're making this harder." He whispered burying his face into her hair not wanting to let go anymore than she did.

"I know and I thought I had prepared myself, but I lied."

He chuckled, "Baby...just come with me."

"I can't." She whined into his shirt and he sighed, "Well what do you want me to do, love?"

"There's nothing you can do. Can't I just be sad?" She asked looking up at him and he chuckled, "No. I don't want you to be sad." He whispered bringing his hand to her cheek.

"Well, I am. 5 months is a long time." She said her eyes now beginning to water.

He cupped her face as his eyes grew serious, "Hey, no, look, we will get to go home before then for a few days and you can come see me whenever you can. I promise it won't be as bad as it sounds."

She nodded and he wiped the fallen tears from her cheeks, "Please don't cry. I love you." He whispered pressing his lips to hers gently.

"I love you too." She whispered grabbing his arms and he stared at her unsure how he was able to be so calm about this right now.

"Do you want to ride to the airport with us?" He asked and she nodded knowing she'd regret not saying bye to the guys.

"I can drive if your mom wants so she doesn't have to go. I'm sure Kacy will need a ride back."

Josh nodded kissing her hand before leaving his room to find his mother.

"Yo, Grey said she'll take us." He said standing in the doorway of his parent's room.

"Ok." She said with a grin before pulling the boy into a hug.

"Take care of my lady. She's probably going to cry all night because she's over dramatic." He said to his mom who let out a laugh, "She'll be fine. Plus, we both know you'll be upset too."

He shrugged knowing she was right. He was ok right now but he knew once he got on that airplane things would change.

"Be careful. Love you." She said with a grin, "Love you too mum. I'll call you when we get there."

She nodded and patted his arm before he left the room hollering for Greyson. Once she reached the living room he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his car. She was silent on the way to Max's and he didn't know how to fix it. He knew she was just upset, but he hated it. He hated making her upset even though it wasn't his fault. She traced her fingers over his hand that clung to hers. She couldn't help but be sad. She didn't want him to leave. She wanted to keep him to herself.

"Stop being sad, love. It's making me feeling even worse." He whispered as they parked in front of Max's.

"Sorry that I'm not happy you're leaving." She mumbled and he sighed, "I know, ok? I know." He whispered leaning into her seat. Her green eyes reached his blue ones and he kissed her a few times before allowing a grin to hit his lips, "I absolutely love you. You know that?"

She nodded and he kissed her once more, before honking the horn for Max and Kacy who they had to pick up on the way.

He held onto her hand tightly as Max loudly placed his things in the trunk and Kacy got in going on about how Max is unprepared which caused Greyson to chuckle.

"Grey..." Max said causing her eyes to shift to the wide eyed boy behind Josh's seat.

"Max..."

"It'll be different this time." He said seriously and she gave him a confused look.

"You'll talk to me like everyday and I plan to send you crazy photos through email daily."

She laughed, "Appreciate it Max."

"Good. I expect the same in return."

"I don't know how crazy we will get, but I'll see what I can do."

Josh chuckled from his seat and the rest of the drive consisted of Max and Greyson talking. Once at the airport the guys gathered their things and they headed inside followed by Greyson and Kacy who spotted the others right away.

"Gonna miss us?" Dan asked being the first to greet Greyson who he scooped in a hug.

"Of course." She mumbled hugging him back tightly.

"Of course she is." Matt said with a smile as he pulled her from Dan causing her to laugh, "I will."

"We will miss you too, love." He responded kissing her head and she gave him a grin before Chris yanked her up.

"Max." She said holding her arms out to the boy who hands down she would miss the most, well besides Josh that is.

He smiled and wrapped her in a hug, "I'm going to be lonely without you. Come visit soon."

"I will."

"Promise?"

She nodded and he kissed her cheek, "Love you."

"Love you too Max. Keep your hands off those American girls." She threatened and he laughed, "I don't need them. My bird is enough." He said scooping up Kacy who began to giggle. Greyson smiled watching the two. She was glad they were happy together.

Josh watched Greyson from where he stood and it automatically hit him. He wasn't going to have her at night when he went to sleep or wake up to her in the mornings. He gulped down the aching in his chest. What if he forgot what she smelled like again? What if she realized she couldn't do this? He bit his lip in debate as she walked to him throwing her arms around his torso.

"What's wrong?" She asked and he shook his head, "Nothing love. I'm just going to miss you is all." He whispered and she crashed her lips to his. He pulled her to him in fear of her pulling away. He was nervous to say the least and he wanted to take her in before he went weeks without her.

"I love you." She said and he pecked her lips once more, "I love you so much more. Come visit me soon. Please." He whispered already feeling what he'd feel when she wasn't in arms distance.

"I will. I promise."

He sighed and shut his eyes as he pressed his forehead to hers, "God this hurts." He mumbled.

"I know...it'll be fine. Don't worry." She whispered running her hand into his messy hair. He simply nodded in response unable to speak. He just wanted to hold her. Try and clear his head for a moment.

"Flight 321 to California..." he heard overhead and he tuned out the woman's voice coming through the speakers after that. He locked eyes with Greyson and he tightened his grasp on her, "Last chance to tell me to stay." He said so serious he questioned if he really would.

She grinned, "Go Josh."

He smiled and kissed her, "I love you. I'll call you when I land."

She nodded, "Be careful. Love you."

He pecked her lips a few more times before forcing himself away. He hated this more then he thought would be possible. Greyson crossed her arms and watched the guys gather there things as she tried to hold it together. Although it was silly, she felt as if she was losing him all over again. This time she knew things would be different, but it still nerved her.

"Mate, it'll be ok." Dan said patting Josh's shoulder as he took the seat next to him on the plane. Josh shrugged and relaxed in the seat staring out the small window.

"I mean, you'll see her probably in two or three weeks..."

"That's a long time, Dan." He grumbled.

"Better than not seeing her at all."

Well, he had a point. Josh sighed and closed his eyes. It didn't matter though. He knew his chest would ache until she was with him again.

Greyson and Kacy drove silently back to Max's so Kacy could get her car. The silence was due to the fact that they both were a bit bummed at the moment and they couldn't help it.

"This is ridiculous! We shouldn't be this sad!" Kacy said causing Greyson to laugh, "Yeah, well, it's hard not to be."

"Ok, well I say we take today to be sad and then tomorrow we get back to our crazy selves!"

Greyson chuckled, "Ok."

"I'll see you tomorrow. Bright and early to find both our asses a job!"

"Sounds good."

Greyson waved goodbye to the girl and headed back to Josh's in a very gloomy mood. She walked in and Mrs. Franceschi gave her a weak grin which she returned before sitting the keys on the table next to the door.

"It'll be fine dear."

Greyson nodded before heading up to Josh's room. She had her own but she slept with him every night so really it was their room. She climbed into the bed and was hit with his cologne causing her to sigh. She already missed him which she knew was ridiculous, but she couldn't help it.

"Mate you need to cheer the hell up." Dan said and Josh rolled his eyes, "Easy for you to say. You hate the girl living with you."

Dan shrugged and looked back to his laptop which caused Josh to give him a questionable look.

"Right?"

"Right..." Dan mumbled not bothering to look up.

"You like her." Josh spoke with a grin and with that Dan's blue eyes landed on his, "I do not."

"Mhm, you're lying."

"Sod off." He grumbled not in the mood for Josh's prying ways.

Josh's eyes got wide once he realized what Dan felt, "Wait. Dan...fuck. you like, like her. She's Max's girl!" He whispered in a serious tone and Dan groaned, "I know! I know this! But I can't help it!" He snapped back at a loud whisper if possible.

"I am with her every bloody day! She's...fuck I don't know! I didn't want her to move in the first place so it's your fault!" He said closing his laptop angrily.

"You haven't..." Josh said giving him a curious look.

"No. I haven't touched her! I wouldn't do that! I know how much Max likes her! I just...look, this will go away. while we are in California I can get over this crush. It's fine." He grumbled with a sigh and Josh just simply nodded not believing him. Dan rarely liked anyone so he knew if he felt something for her it wasn't going to be just fine.

Josh sighed, he wasn't going to lie, this was his fault at least a little. He looked across the aisle at Max who was laughing with Chris. He needed to talk to Greyson asap.

"Look, don't say anything to Max." Dan grumbled as he ran his hand into his bleached hair.

"I wasn't going to. Just sort it out, yeah?"

"It's nothing to sort out. I'm fine. It means nothing, plus she loves Max. So it really will be ok. Just forget it."

Josh simply nodded knowing it wouldn't be that easy for him or for Dan to do so.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for my slow updates lately! I know if any of you have read previous stories of mine I usually update every 2 days, but lately life has been crazy. I promise a weekly update though! Never later! :)

Ok, now onto the story, some dramaz is boiling. Not just with the whole Dan issue, but you know, Josh is away, something is bound to happen. ;)

Thanks for commenting;

Littleedeath
OHAIzeldacakes
Dear insanity
Riot_97
Erika_xtc
Bringmesyn
Snapback-princess
Redzoo (HECK NO! Haha)
WhoAreYouJudy
LovelyHope
Adelwolf
Khairena

You guys are awesome. :)