Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

The truth is a terrible thing.

"Grey." Josh cooed brushing his fingers down the sleeping girl's arm. He gently placed a kiss on her temple and she began to stir beside him.

"Screw time change." She mumbled and he chuckled pulling her to him.

"Come on love. It's warm and shiny outside."

"Two things I hate."

He laughed, "Bullocks. Now go get ready."

She groaned and slowly got out of the bed, dragging herself to her bag. He couldn't help but laugh at her movement and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Someone is proper mean today."

She shrugged and he snickered as she walked to the bathroom, clothes in hand. She quickly showered and was ready in thirty minutes which he was grateful for. He hated waiting and hated how long most girls took. Well, besides Grey which was another reason he loved her.

He grabbed her waist and pulled her to him, "Now be happy." He said before kissing her. She chuckled and grabbed his hand pulling him out the door.

"What room is Max in?"

He rolled his eyes, "I see how much you missed me." He joked as he knocked on the door next to his. She frowned and pulled him to her so she could kiss his cheek, "I love you."

Before he could respond the door opened and Max stood there without his usual, cheerful smile which caused both of their happiness to falter.

"What's wrong?" Greyson asked immediately and he shook his head, "Nothing. What's up?"

"You're lying. Where is Kacy?"

Max shrugged, "Probably out with Dan."

"What?" Josh and Greyson spoke in unison and Max nodded as they exchanged glances.

"Apparently she has feelings for him."

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let her move in with him." Greyson spoke regret filling her voice. Of course she'd take blame. She had been thinking it all along.

"Oh come off it Grey, it isn't your fault. Better to find out now than later I assume." He said and she threw her arms around him and he chuckled wrapping his around her.

"It's ok. I'm fine. Honest." Max whispered into the girl's hair. If only he could find someone that cared for him as much as Greyson did.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbled into his shirt as Josh grew angry. He was going to kick Dan's ass. He said he wouldn't try anything on the girl and Josh believed him. He hoped Dan would at least have the decency to talk to Max before hand.

"It's proper ok, love." He said kissing her head as she pulled back to look at him. He gave her a weak grin before messing up her hair, "I love you little bird. You know that?"

She glared at him trying to fix her hair and he let out a laugh.

"I'll be back." Josh grumbled pretty pissed that the first day he has his girl back he was now trying to do damage control.

"Mate it's ok." Max spoke clearly reading his mind.

Josh ignored him, "You two go for lunch or something, yeah?"

"I think she came here to spend time with you, not me mate."

"Hey, I wanted to see you." Greyson responded placing her hands on her hips and Max chuckled giving Josh an opportunity to leave. He was pretty ticked by the time he reached Dan's door and he hoped he was here so he didn't have to stomp around L.A. looking for the bloke. He banged on the door and seconds later it opened revealing a confused Dan.

"You. Now. My room." He said pointing down the hall and Dan simply nodded before letting the door close and heading to Josh's a bit nervous.

Once in the small room Josh laid into him, "Seriously?!"

Dan winced at his tone as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I don't give a fuck if you like her, but Max did nothing wrong here and you should have at least been man enough to talk to him! I didn't say anything because you swore you wouldn't make a move, but clearly you have."

"I have not! She said something to me! Apparently your girlfriend can't keep her mouth shut!" Dan yelled back defensively.

"Don't bring her into this! It isn't her fault that you two are screwed up. Go talk to Max right now because we actually have to live around him!"

Josh let out a sigh, "Look, All I want is to spend time with Greyson, so fix this." He added before leaving Dan, slamming the door behind him. He loved all the guys. They were his best mates regardless, but some times they just made crappy choices. This being one of them.

Once he reached Max's room he knocked and Max answered seeming a bit happier. Guess Greyson could do that to most people.

"Guess you want your girlfriend back, huh?" Max asked and Josh nodded with a grin as Greyson got up from the bed.

"Fineee." She joked as she reached Josh right as Dan made an appearance at the doorway.

Josh grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her out quickly.

"I mean all I bloody wanted is for you to come out here, spend time with me, but no, could never be that simple." He grumbled and she moved closer to him, "well, lets forget about everything and do just that."

He looked down at her as they waited on the elevator to open. He slid his arm around her waist and kissed her head, "Ok, love." He mumbled into her hair. Once the doors opened she pushed him back a bit not allowing him to enter and he began to laugh, "What now?"

"Come on, we are British, we hate Americans, and sunny days and...everything." she said into his shirt as she made him began to walk backwards. He laughed holding on to her until they reached his room. He quickly opened the door and pulled her inside.

"Not a problem with me." He mumbled before pressing his lips to hers.

"I hope Max is ok." She said as they laid in bed doing nothing but enjoying being in each others presense.

"I hope that isn't what you were thinking while we were having sex..." He joked causing her to laugh and lightly hit his chest.

"I just feel bad!"

"Why? You did nothing wrong, love."

"I knew..."

"And I asked you not to say anything so if anything it's my fault."

She sighed and he kissed her forehead, "He'll be fine. You know how he is."

"Yeah, I just know he's liked her as long as I have liked you."

"Which was how long?" He asked with a grin and she rolled her eyes, "Long enough."

"So, a few years?" He asked proping himself up on his elbow to look down at her.

"Yes, Joshua."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her quickly, "A shame really..."

"Why?"

"Because, we could have been together!"

"We were sort of."

"I guess." He responded bringing his hand to her cheek.

"You're right. I guess I wouldn't change anything. I like us now." He added.

She smiled and he leaned in to kiss her cheek only to be interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Ugh!" He grumbled causing her to laugh as he got up and threw on his jeans before stomping to the door. He opened it to reveal Chris and he sighed in relief, "Hey."

"Uh, so, Dan and Max kind of got in a fight..."

"Like an argument?"

"Like Max's lip is busted." Chris clarified and with that Greyson was up and dressed and flew passed the boys.

"Fuckin' twats." Josh grumbled going to grab his shirt before following the girl.

Matt sat with Max as he nursed his lip and Greyson busted in his room causing the boys to stop their conversation.

"Hey, love." Max offered and she quickly sat beside him.

"I'm fine." He said and she rolled her eyes grabbing his hand away from his face so she could see the damage.

"Why did he hit you?!"

"Because he's mental!"

She sighed and Matt chuckled, "Let me go check on Dan."

Greyson nodded and the boy left leaving the two alone.

"This is ridiculous. Kacy needs to go home." She said realizing how angry she was at her friend.

"It's fine...doesn't matter if she is here or not."

She sighed and hugged the boy to her.

"Jeez Grey, you gotta chill. I'm fine." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry! I just feel the need to protect you. You're like the brother I never had."

"Guess it's alright. I feel the same about you."

"Oh, the brother you never had?" She joked.

He laughed, "Exactly."

She chuckled and he wrapped his arms around her, "I appeciate it really. You're amazing."

"I know."

They both laughed as Josh walked in clearly pissed off.

"Tell your bitch of a friend to go home." He stated and Grey shot him a look, "I was planning on it."

"She didn't do anything wrong. It's Dan." Max defended.

"Doesn't matter."

Greyson pulled away from Max and stood up from the bed, "I'll go talk to her."

"Good because we record tomorrow and I don't have time for this shit."

She rolled her eyes knowing he was just aggravated so she didn't bother to respond just went to find Kacy.

She found her alone in what was suppose to be their room.

"Kacy." She spoke and the girl looked up from her hands.

"I think you need to go home."

"I know. Really this wasn't my fault! I was honest with Max, Dan and I haven't even done anything! Just talked!"

"I believe you, but Dan hitting Max took it to another level. I'm not saying you are to blame, but it would be better for them."

She nodded, "Yeah. Guess I'll pack."

"Want me to go with you?"

"What? No. Josh wants you here. Spend time with him."

Greyson nodded as her friend began to pack. She felt bad but she knew it was for the best.

"I'll go buy you a plane ticket."

"Thanks."

Grey nodded and left the room feeling a bit bad about the whole situation as if it was her fault.

"Give me your laptop." Greyson stated walking back into Max's room. He pointed to the table and she grabbed it up quickly.

"What are you doing?" Josh asked as she began typing.

"Um, well she kind of needs a plane ticket if you want her to leave." She said and he groaned from his seat, "Why are you mad at me?!"

"I'm not. You just annoy me."

"I didn't do anything!"

"You are now!" She said loudly and he rolled his eyes before tossing his credit card to her, "You're welcome." He grumbled.

"I can pay for it."

"Bullocks. Use my card."

"Nope."

"Greyson Blake, use my card. Don't make me fucking tackle you. Use it." He threatened as she ignored the card lying in the seat beside her.

Max was now snickering from the bed as the scene unfolded.

"So help me god Grey, if you reach for your card I'll murder you."

"Yeah? Then you'll be in jail." She said ignoring the boy as she stared at the screen.

"Oh really? Good." He said glaring at her and Max was now in a fit of giggles at the two's not so serious argument.

"Maybe I'll buy two tickets." She grumbled and he quickly got up from his seat and snatched the computer from the girl's lap.

"Josh!"

"You're making me mental! You aren't going anywhere and I am buying this bloody ticket!" He said grabbing up his card and she crossed her arms clearly a bit angry now.

"I swear..." He grumbled taking his seat, "You try to see your girlfriend and all she does is bitch the whole bloody time."

"It's been one day..." Max chimed in.

"Yeah! And the bird is driving me mental!"

"Yeah well what's new from years ago?!" She asked throwing her hands up.

"Wow...someone needs to get laid." Max said snickering.

"Already did." Greyson mumbled and Max's eyes went wide simply because she said that. She wasn't outspoken about things like that.

"Yeah, must not be as good as Blaine." Josh grumbled as he finished buying the ticket and placed his card back in his wallet. With that Greyson shot him a look causing even Max to stop laughing.

"Yeah, you're right. Shouldn't have broke up with him." She said before getting off the couch and storming out and Josh groaned as the door slammed shut.

"Wrong move, mate." Max said and Josh rolled his eyes, "Yeah, no shit..."

"Well, go after her!"

Josh groaned and got up quickly walking out the door in time to see the girl getting on the elevator. He sighed and headed for the stairs so he could get there in time. He was out of breath by the end, but he made it as the elevator opened and she looked a bit startled to see him. He quickly stepped in and pressed the 5th button causing the doors to shut back.

"Baby..." He said panting from the run he just achieved.

He grabbed her shoulders as he tried to maintain his breathing.

"I was just kidding. Fuck. Why are we fighting? We don't fight." He said seriously and she brushed his hair from his eyes, "You need a hair cut."

He rolled his eyes, "Grey..."

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"Me too." She mumbled as the door dinged and opened to their floor. He ignored it though and pulled her to him, "I love you."

"I love you too."

He kissed her softly before pulling her from the elevator.

"You know what? You have become so soft, Franceschi."

"Hey! Watch it." He said causing her to laugh as they reached their room.

"Look. We are going on a date tonight, because tomorrow I'll be at the studio most of the day."

"Oh ok." She said with a grin and he kissed her cheek, "So, look. I'll be back in an hour." He said checking his phone and she gave him a confused look. He wanted to make up for how he acted earlier, and he needed some time to plan out a perfect night.

"Fine. Leave me." She said with a sigh and he chuckled, "Go get Max and go somewhere."

"Ok!"

He chuckled once more and kissed her forehead, "Have fun baby girl. I'll see you soon."

She told him to be careful before he left, which he had begun to find amusing because she said it often, yet a part of him had grown fond of it.

Then again, was there even a part of him that wasn't fond of everything she did?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little drama, you know... ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Thepartyscene; (haha, thanks.)
Snapback-princess
We are young.
OHAIzeldacakes (it's all Josh and nothing hurts!...that's a brilliant line...haha.)

:)