Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

Playing the blame game.

Greyson sat there a bit dumb founded. The night had done a 180 from what she expected. She stared at her hands as her eyes began to water. She loved him and she hated how he could just show back up and reclaim that spot all over again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She heard Max say and she looked up as he stared at her in concern and kneeled in front of her.

"Was he mean?" He asked and she shook her head no.

"What's the matter then?" He asked softly as he wiped her tears away. He always felt the need to protect her. He wasn't sure why, but it always happened.

"I was fine before he showed up and now, Im so confused."

"What are you confused about love?"

"Whether I want to marry Blaine now." She responded honestly.

"Something tells me you've been thinking about that way before Josh showed up."

She let out a sigh as she stared at the sweet boy in front of her.

"Do you still have feelings for Josh?" He asked seriously and she bit her lip.

"No worries. Your secret will be safe with me."

"Do you ever stop having feelings for your first love?" She asked with a grin.

"Well, I don't believe so, but still..."

"I'm just going to go get some sleep."

He nodded and kissed her forehead before pulling her from the couch and telling her good night. She walked to her room and climbed in her bed as her thoughts went straight to Josh. She knew she was in some serious trouble.

"Kacy, we have to leave in an hour." Greyson said entering the living room once she was dressed for the day.

"To where?" She asked with a confused look.

"I have a dress fitting!"

"Shit! I forgot! I got called in to work!"

"No! Kacy!" Greyson whined and Kacy sighed, "Sorry. Call Max! He'll go with you!"

"Oh just what I need." She mumbled and Kacy chuckled, "Call Josh."

"What? No..."

"Why not? You two are friends again."

"Still..."

"Then go alone." She said with a grin knowing Greyson wouldn't do that.

"I hate you." She grumbled to her friend who laughed as she went to grab her cell phone. She would just suck it up and text Josh. She loved Max but Josh would be honest and serious with her and she needed that. Seeing him though made her nervous all over again. She would just have to suck it up.

Josh was sitting at the kitchen table as his phone went off and he almost fell out of his chair when he saw her name flash on the screen.

"Ello?" He said softly once he picked it up anxiously.

"Hey, are you busy today?"

"Um, no. Not really why?"

"Want to do be a huge, huge favor?"

"Maybe." He responded a grin hitting his lips. Of course he would no matter what it was.

"Kacy got called into work and I have to go to my dress fitting and I don't want to go alone."

"Sure, love. No problem." He responded although doing stuff for a wedding that didn't involve him was not what he wanted to do, he still wanted to see her.

"Yey. Ok. Great."

He laughed, "Want me to pick you up?"

"If you want."

"I will. See you soon, love."

He hung up with her and quickly went to grab his shoes.

"Where are you going?" His mom asked as she walked into his room.

"Somewhere with Grey." He responded tying his shoe.

"Just remember she's getting married Josh."

"What does that matter?" He asked looking up at her.

She shrugged and he rolled his eyes, "I love her mum, I'm not givin' up."

She just stared at him not sure what to say because she knew that was in fact the truth. She knew he had felt that way for longer than he would admit.

"I wish I didn't but I do and if she ends up with him...I just, I don't know what I'll do." He grumbled shoving his phone into his pocket before saying goodbye and leaving the house.

What would he do if that happened? He shook his head at the thought. He wouldn't think that. He would continue to tell himself it wouldn't get that far. He picked up Greyson and they both were consumed with nerves so the ride to the dress shop was silent.

"You owe me after this." He said once they got out of the car and a laugh escaped her lips thankful for him breaking the silence, "I know. Thanks again."

He nodded as he followed her inside and a small petite woman met them at the counter with a smile plastered on her face.

"Is this your brother?" She asked as she led them to a room and he couldn't help but laugh. They looked nothing alike. Clearly this woman was just being nosey.

"Oh no. He's a friend. They say there is no better opinion than a gay guy." She told the lady who laughed with a nod as Josh's mouth fell open.

"I'll be back with the dress." The woman said leaving the two of them alone. She was in a fit of giggles as he glared at her.

"I do not look gay."

"I don't know. You are dressed rather good today." She teased him and he rolled his eyes as he took a seat right outside of the dressing room she would be going in.

"Ok ready?" The woman asked dragging the dress that was in a bag over her shoulder.

Greyson nodded with a smile as she went in with the woman to put it on. Josh waited impatiently tapping his fingers on his knees.

Why he agreed to such a girly activity he'd never know.

Well, he did know he just hated to admit that he gave in to her so easily.

Josh looked up as the door opened and the woman stepped out.

"She looks amazing." she said flashing him a smile and he sat up straight as Greyson walked out. He stopped breathing at the sight before him.

"What do you think?" She asked softly and he just stared at her in the white dress. She was breath taking and he couldn' even find the words to tell her. All he knew was it felt so wrong. He never thought he'd be on this side of things. He always thought if she was putting on a wedding dress he would only be seeing it from where he waited to marry her. It felt so off and horrible for him to be there.

She bit her lip as she waited for him to speak. A million things were running through her head and she also felt like crying at how wrong it now felt. She wanted to take it off, call this whole thing off. It wasn't surprising that she thought the same thing as him.

"You look beautiful." He managed to get out and she nodded with a smile before tears spilled from her eyes.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He asked instantly jumping to her. She shook her head bringing her hands to her face as he backed her up into the dressing room so no one would see.

"Greyson..." he whispered as she sat on the floor and he instantly followed suite.

"Shhh. Why are yeh cryin'?" He asked as he pulled her to him ignoring the dress that took up most of the space. She was now facing him and she looked up at him causing him to bring his hand to her cheek.

"Wait. Are these happy tears?" He asked trying to decide what was going on.

"No." She managed to get out and he just stared at her in confusion.

"No...ok, are you getting cold feet?" He continued.

She just shook her head before laying it against his chest.

"Tell me what I need to do." He whispered seriously concerned now.

"Nothing. Just hold me." She said and he didn't object to that. He rocked her back and forth in his arms and he sang to her softly. She felt the familiar comfort with him come back and she held on to him tightly.

"I dont want this." She finally said and he stopped singing, "Want what?"

"This. Just get me out of this dress." She said feeling like it now confined her to something she hated.

"Ok, ok." He said as he pulled her up quickly as she continued to cry. He didn't understand what was going on, but he would do anything for her no matter what.

Once he figured out how to get the death trap off she got dressed back in her clothes and he figured out how to hang the dress back on the hanger. He apologized to the woman as he pulled the sad girl out of the shop and to his car.

"Grey, please talk to me." He whispered as he held her hand now that she wasn't crying as bad anymore.

"This is your fault." She whispered and he narrowed his eyes at her. She can't believe she said that out loud but in fact it was.

"How?"

"You leave and want nothing to do with me and then you show back up when I'm happy and now I'm not happy anymore because you're here and you mess up everything and now I don't know what I want!" She said tears falling from her eyes.

"Do you just want me to leave?" He asked seriously his heart aching from the fact that she felt that way.

"No. That's the problem!" She said her voice cracking from the sobs she felt coming. How she still had tears to cry she was unsure.

He sighed, "Do you love Blaine?"

"I don't know anymore."

"All because I'm here? Why does it change that?" He challenged wanting her to admit any sort of feelings for him. He was so desperate he'd take anything.

"Just take me home." She whispered staring at his hand that was still attached to hers.

He sighed and pulled his hand back and starting the car. He could tell his was not going to be easy.

She stared out the window the whole drive back. She hated crying and even more she hated she cried in front of him. She hated the feelings she had for him. She knew he would have to leave to make them go away but she didn't want him to. If he did, it would be like the first time all over again. She wasn't ready for that to happen for a second time in her life.

Once they parked at her place he looked over at her quickly, "I'm sorry I make your life hell."

"You don't make my life hell." She whispered looking at him with tear stained cheeks and red eyes. He still found her profoundly beautiful and he couldn't help it.

"Apparently I do."

She shook her head and rested it on the head rest as her eyes stayed on his.

He brought his hand to her cheek gently, "Just because you marry Blaine doesn't mean I won't be around."

"It's not that." She whispered and he ran his fingers into her hair causing her to close her eyes. She missed being close to him, him touching her.

"Then tell me what it is so I can fix it."

"You can't. I just don't know if I want to marry him anymore."

"Because of me..."

"Because of my feelings." She said and he sighed, "Grey.."

Her eyes opened back up and he gave her a weak grin, "Whatever you want to do you know I'll support it. No matter what. I'm not going anywhere this time."

She nodded and unbuckled her seat belt pulling away from his touch.

"I'm sorry about today." She whispered and he rolled his eyes, "since when do we apologize over shit like that?"

A grin hit her lips and he was happy he had gotten her to smile at least.

"I'll see you later." He whispered leaning in and kissing her forehead. She nodded and got out although she was fighting the urge to invite him in and have him hold her like at the dress shop. She forgot how much comfort he brought to her. It honestly overwhelmed her at how after all this time apart she still felt that way with him. How she could still love him was beyond her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. :(

Thanks for commenting:
Dear Insanity
Erika_xtc (haha. yeah I saw them when they played warped tour two years ago and then again with Mayday Parade. They're pretty good live.)
Lovelyhope
Hellxoxsunshine
Haiialiciaa

:)