Status: Completed!

Take Control

Times are changing.

"So we neva reallah discussed this. Yeh asked Malorie ta marry yeh?" Tom asked Oli as they settled on the bus from the show just performed. Oli's heart sped up at the mention of her name. He had been too long with her and at this point if anyone brought her up he would willingly go into conversation simply to talk about her. He knew he as in over his head and yet he didn't ever want it to end.

Oliver nodded with a smile as he relaxed in his seat, "Yeah, I said I was goin' to didn't I?"

"Well, yeah, but yeh say a lot of fings."

Oli rolled his eyes, "Yeah well this one I followed through wif."

"And she said yes?"

"Yes, that I'm certain of." Oli grumbled and Tom smiled, "Bloody hell. So this is happenin'?"

"Tom, bloody hell! Yes! I told yeh it was!"

Tom snickered, "Oli married. Who would have eva seen that comin'?"

"Not me." Oliver stated honestly. He didn't. In fact, he had sworn to himself he would never do such a thing. He didn't think he would ever feel the need to. Oh, how things had changed so quickly.

"So yeh ok wif bein' wif one girl foreva?"

"Yeah. Oddly enough if it's her then I am."

"Good. If it had to happen I'd want it ta be wif her. She's awesome."

"Yeah..." Oli responded, a smile now on his lips. He knew he had made the right decision there was no denying it. He honestly felt good about the whole ordeal.

"So when is the weddin' goin' ta be?"

He shrugged, "Wheneva she wants."

"So tomorrow?"

He laughed, "We bof know she isn't that type of bird."

Tom chuckled, "True. But this jus' adds pressure to meh. Vanessa is gonna want meh ta bloody propose now!"

Oliver laughed, "No she isn't. Relax."

Tom groaned and fell into his seat, "Look at what yeh have done."

"Yeh are ridiculous..." Oli stated and Tom shrugged, "Now I'm scared."

Oli began to laugh as his phone rang, "I'll be back to listen to yeh cry."

Tom rolled his eyes and Oli quickly fled to the back of the bus, "Ello?" He answered knowing it would be Malorie.

"Hello."

He chuckled, "How are yeh my love?"

"Good. I miss you."

"I miss yeh too. So tell meh tha weddin' fings I'm sure yeh called ta tell meh bout." He said with amusement as he laid in his bunk. This had become a daily routine which he was fine with simply because he liked hearing her voice.

"You're mean."

He laughed, "I am not."

The line went silent and he spoke, "Malorie. Tell meh. Please."

"I was just calling to say that I got my dress."

"Oh? Yeah? Well, yeh should have sent meh a picture."

"You can't see it!"

"What? Why not?!"

"It's bad luck. So I hear."

He laughed, "That's stupid."

"Well just know it's pretty."

He chuckled, "Anyfing is prettah on yeh, love. So I'm sure it is."

"We really need to set a date, Oli."

"Well, love you have my schedule so just pick a date."

"Well I was thinking maybe early November because that's in between your off months."

"Perfect."

"You're just saying that."

He laughed, "Baby, I really could care less. I just want to marry yeh so whateva yeh want yeh can have it. Really is that simple."

"Fine." She grumbled.

"Be nice! I haven't seen yeh in weeks, love and I'm tryin' ta give yeh what yeh want and yeh bein' mean." He stated.

It was true. He hadn't seen her in several weeks and it was starting to get to him. He knew it was going to be hard, but this was something ehe had never experienced.

"When are you coming home?" She asked ignoring the other half of the sentence.

Oli sighed at her question, "I don't know. I fink we have a break in a few days."

"Coming home?"

"If yeh want meh to I will. It'll only be for two days."

"Of course I want you to."

"Then I will. I need to see yeh."

"I'm already excited!"

He laughed, "Will be sooner than yeh fink, love."

Of course the next few days dragged for the pair and by the time he arrived back in Sheffield he couldn't wait to be home. Tom dropped him off and he all but ran to the door. He walked in without knocking and dropped his bag onto the floor.

"Malorie?" He called out and he heard footsteps on the stairs before she appeared before him. He stopped breathing and she ran into his arms.

"Oliver."

He held her to him, taking in the smell of her that he had missed so much.

"I've missed you my love."

"I've missed you more."

He kissed her, cupping her face softly, "I love yeh."

"Love you too." She mumbled into his shirt.

"So I take it now that I'm home I have a lot of crap to do." He said referring to the wedding. Malorie laughed and grabbed his hand up, "Yeah you do, but let's worry about that tomorrow." She said with a grin and he smiled as she tugged on his arm trying to urge him to the stairs.

"By all means we can wait..." He spoke letting her drag him up the stairs and to their bedroom.

He grabbed her waist and pressed his lips to her as soon as they entered the room. He had missed being close to her. Smelling her perfume, feeling her skin against his.

"I've missed yeh so much." He mumbled once more as he held her close.

"Yeah well we will see if you really mean that when I have you and all your little friends getting fitted for tuxedos."

He scoffed, "Well, I don't fink my opinion would change, now Mattah and the othas might hold a grudge for a while." He teased and Malorie laughed, "Oh just them? Psh. Fine."

He chuckled, "Oh so that's ok?"

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not marrying them so it's ok."

He laughed, "Yeah, well I don't think I could truly eva be mad at yeh, but yeh neva know..."

She frowned and he kissed her cheek, "I'm propa kiddin'!"

"Yeah, well don't worry, Matty can't be mad at me. He likes me too much."

Oli rolled his eyes, "That's what yeh fink. Although, it probably is true on some level which is just ridiculous."

She giggled and a smile lined his lips, "Now, can we get back to what we were tryin' ta start?" He asked with a smirk as he pulled her down on the bed.

"Yeah, I don't know. I think we should wait until our wedding."

Oli's eyes went wide and his mouth fell open, "Yeh can't be serious."

Of course Malorie couldn't keep a straight face and she busted out laughing falling back on her pillow.

"Oh man. Your face. That was great."

"Way to give meh a bloody heart attack!"

She giggled, "Oh man. Whew. That was good."

"Ha-ha." He mocked tickling her side and she yelped.

He smiled and pinned her down, "Just so we are clear here, I could if I wanted, but I mean, we've already done it so I'd say that ship has sailed."

She laughed, "Yeah, but still!"

He rolled his eyes, "No. We are not doin' that."

"Oh?"

He whined, "Oh come on Mal. No. Please. Do I need to call this wedding off?"

"You'd call it off so you can get laid?!"

"Yeah!"

She couldn't help but laugh, "Oh my gosh. You are ridiculous. I'm marrying an idiot."

"Oye! I am not an idiot! In fact most would see that as smart!"

She shook her head with a grin and he pecked her cheek, "See. I am still sweet."

"Ridiculous..."

He stuck his bottom lip out, "Please don't do this to meh. I'm only here for two days. Do yeh wanna see meh cry?"

"I've never seen you cry so yes, I do."

His mouth fell open and she laughed as he spoke, "Oh love, I don't produce tears, should mention that."

"You are a liar." She said laughing and he sighed, "Ok, so yeah I'm sure I could, but I can't make myself! Why are yeh bein' mean!?"

"I'm not. It's just so easy to fluster you apparently."

He glared at her as he sat up and relaxed against the head board with crossed arms and a sigh.

"Fine. Let's jus' sit here." He grumbled, "Who cares if I haven't touch a bloody bird in months."

"You better have not."

"Who cares if I have been trapped in a van full of guys because my bird hates meh and won't come see meh."

"A van full of guys does not sound appealing to a girl."

"I hate yeh!" He said throwing up her hand and she began to laugh, "You do not." She responded placing her hands on his cheeks. His eyes met hers and the pair stared at each other as silence filled the room.

"Course I don't hate yeh. I love yeh." He whispered as she ruffled his hair.

"I love you too." She spoke and he leaned up kissing her nose, "So...."

"No, we aren't waiting." She said crashing her lips to his and he laughed as he pulled her down on the bed. He honestly would have waited. He would have hated it, but none the less he would have simply because there wasn't much he wouldn't do for her. Guess that's how people determined if it was really love, if you were willing to do things you would never even consider.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the last.
Thank god.
I honestly have had to force myself to finish this and I seriously hate that. :( None the less, I didn't want to disappoint all of you, which is why I was determined for it to have an ending. I really hope it hasn't been disappointing!

Thanks for commenting/subscribing/recommending. It really has helped motivate me to keep going. You all are amazing. :)