Status: Completed!

Take Control

In too deep.

Needless to say, Oli slept alone that night. He tossed and turned for the most part, unable to get the girl out of his head. He had watched Sam come to the rescue and take her home which just made everything that much worse. By the time morning arrived he was exhausted and even more angry then he should have been. He needed to go talk to her. Tell her that things had to change. That they couldn't keep sleeping together although he enjoyed every time with her, and that he needed to stop trying to keep guys from her. He realized he couldn't afford to lose her now, so it was better to say the things he didn't want to then to never speak to her again. He quickly got dressed and drove to the girl's apartment. It was only 9 in the morning but surely she'd be up since she wasn't a late sleeper. He rang the door bell nervously and it wasn't long that she opened the door with a confused look on her face.

"Look I juss needed to apologize. I'm sorry bout lass nigh'. I had no right ta do that and I'm sorrah for whateva else I did..." He said and she grabbed his arm pulling him inside. Once they were seated on the couch he continued his rant, "We cannot sleep togetha again Mal. I mean it. I tend ta get possessive and I'm sorrah. I can't juss sleep wif yeh and not be that way. It juss doesn't work out and I don't want lass night ta eva happen again." He added and she watched him as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"Do you like me?" She asked and he sighed pulling at his hair.

"Doesn't matta reallah." He mumbled.

"Yes it does."

"Do yeh like meh?" He asked as his eyes reached her green ones.

"Don't turn this around Oli. I'm just wanting to know what you feel because us sleeping together is one thing, but how you are when no one else is around is another." She stated.

He shifted in his seat growing a bit uncomfortable from the conversation.

"Maybeh I do like yeh Malorie. Doesn't matta though." He finally said and she rolled her eyes, "Why not?"

"Because, do I seem like the relationship type ta yeh? Plus, I have a lot of shit goin' on in my life. A bird would juss be a distraction."

"And yet you make a point to see me everyday as it is." She said not backing down.

He just stared at the brave girl, unsure what to say because if anything she was right. He already went out of his way to bring her coffee almost everyday, left work early to see her, and made her stay the night with him. Techincally the only thing missing was a relationship title.

"I don't know what yeh want meh ta say..." He said softly and she shrugged with a grin, "Nothing, Oliver. I guess nothing." He watched her stand up and mess with her hair.

"Well, Sam should be here in a moment so..." She said and his face hardened, "Why?"

"We're hanging out." She said with a shrug and he clinched his jaw.

"Why?"

"Why? Because we are friends."

"I thought we were too."

"I don't know what the hell we are Oliver." She said throwing her hands up.

He shook his head and let out a sigh, "Fine."

"Fine? Fine what?"

"Nuffin. We're fine. I'm gonna go." He said getting up from his seat and her eyes never left him.

"So..."

"So what Malorie?!" He asked raising his voice. He didn't mean to he was just pissed. Pissed at himself for not being able to tell her that he didn't want her hanging with Sam, that he didn't want her to be with anyone but him.

She was a bit taken off guard by his tone. She had never heard him raise his voice and she crossed her arms instantly growing uncomfortable. He sighed before stepping to her and placing his hands on her arms gently, "I'm sorrah. Fuck. I didn't mean to yell at yeh." He said softly and she shrugged in response. He brought his hand gently to her cheek, "I do like yeh. I do. And it scares meh, ok? I just can't...I can't be wif yeh." He fumbled out knowing that hardly made sense.

"I just want us ta be friends. Can we be that?" He asked seriously and although she wanted to yell and say no she nodded in response.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed his lips to her forehead, "Ok. Good." He whispered, "Because I've grown fond of havin' yeh 'round."

"Yeah, back at you." She said and he held her to him as the doorbell rang.

"Guess that's Sam..." He mumbled, still not too keen on the idea.

"Yeah..."

"I'll see yeh lata, have fun." He said dropping his arms from her and she nodded in response. He sighed as he opened the door and Sam gave him an odd look. He wanted to yell at the boy, but he recalled telling him that he could in fact date her so really he had no right.

"Go ahead and go in." Oli said stepping pass the boy and Sam walked in still with a strange expression on his face.

"Ready?" He asked the girl now standing near the door. She nodded and he followed her out to his car.

"Malorie, what do yeh fink is goin' on here?" He asked once they began their drive.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, do yeh feel as if this is juss two friends goin' ta dinna togetha?" He asked glancing over at her and she bit her lip, "Is it not?"

He shook his head no with a chuckle as he grasped tighter onto the steering wheel.

"I thought we were friends..."

"I mean, we are." The blonde boy said as she stared at him, unsure what to say because her heart was beating against her chest. She knew what he was getting at. She just didn't want to admit it.

He sighed as they parked in front of the restaurant. Once he turned the car off he looked over at her. Sadly, he knew she truly thought this was an innocent gesture which made it hard to be mad at her.

"I like yeh Malorie, but yeh like Oli huh?" He asked boldly. She was a bit taken aback from the boys straight forward words. Probably because she had been around Oli so much who was the complete opposite.

"Yeah...I'm sorry." She managed to say softly and he nodded, "It's fine. Well, I mean, sucks for me, but it's fine. I figured that was the case. He likes yeh too, yeh know? Truss meh. He juss doesn't want to admit it."

She shrugged and a grin hit his lips, "So, shall we go eat?"

"You still want to?" She questioned and he smiled, "Well, sure. We're friends aren't we?"

A grin hit her lips as they climbed out of the car. If only she could like him. Her problems would be solved.

She ended up spending several hours with Sam. He was fun, and outspoken like her which she found herself comfortable around. She enjoyed spending time with him.

"I'm glad we did this." He said as he walked her to her door. She smiled instantly, "Me too."

He pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek, "See yeh tomorra I'm sure."

She chuckled, "Something tells me you will."

They said goodnight and she walked into her apartment, her mind immediately drifting to thoughts of Oli. It was hopeless.

Oli sighed as he paced the floor of Drop Dead the next day. He didn't know when it happened, but he had drove himself to a place he never had been. He was worried. Worried that Malorie wouldn't forgive him for yesterday, that she would now be distant. He sighed and grabbed up his cell phone dialing the number he had gotten offline.

Was he really ordering flowers for a bird? What was he becoming?! Well, he felt as if that would seal his apology and plus, he knew what type of flowers she liked...

He sat down at his desk with a sigh once he hung up the phone.

"Did yeh juss orda a bird some flowas?" Tom asked from the doorway and Oli groaned letting his head hit the desk.

"Malorie?" Tom asked closing the office door.

"Yeah, I was a propa twat yesterday to her." Oli grumbled knowing there was no point in pretending that nothing just happened.

"I apologized, but yeh know, I still feel bad." He added looking up at his brother.

"Yeh reallah like this bird huh?" Tom questioned seriously. All jokes aside he knew his brother and his brother did not go out of his way to apologize to just anyone.

"Yeah, I do." The boy admitted at a mumble.

"She likes yeh. Why are yeh waitin'?"

"I told her we should just be friends and that I wasn't the relationship type."

"Well, yeh are allowed ta change yeh mind."

Oli shook his head as he leaned back with a sigh, "I don't know what to do. This is why I avoid situations like this. I should be writin' but instead I'm sendin' flowas ta a bird!"

"I fink it's sweet." Tom said with a smirk and Oli rolled his eyes, "Sod off."

Tom laughed as he walked out of the office. Some way, somehow, he had to get those two together.

"Why is he so stubborn?!" Vanessa asked as Malorie leaned against the counter of the shop.

"Because he is Oliver. Too bad he's not more like Tom."

Vanessa chuckled, "Right, but if he was, you probably wouldn't be as interested."

"You're probably right." The girl responded with a grin as the door chimed and the girls turned around to greet the customer. Well, what they assumed was a customer but instead was a boy carrying flowers.

"Tom makes me want to vomit." Malorie grumbled as the boy sat the flowers on the counter and they thanked him as he left.

"Uh, no. This aren't from Tom." Vanessa said with a grin as she grabbed up the card. Malorie gave her a look before snatching it from her only to see Oli's name at the bottom.

"Awe. He loves you." Vanessa said causing Malorie to roll her eyes as she tried to read the card.

'Malorie, I'm still really sorry for yesterday. Love, Oli'

Pretty straight to the point which she expected from him, but it still made her heart skip a beat.

"He's not too far off from Tom. He just keeps it bottled inside. Aren't these your favorite flowers?" Vanessa asked smelling one of the daisies.

Malorie nodded with a grin and placed the card down.

"Gonna go thank him?"

"Should I?"

Vanessa rolled her eyes, "Yes!"

Malorie breathed in before heading across the street quickly. She said hello to Tom who was at the register before making her way to Oli's office. She knocked once and opened the door before a response was given. Oli looked up from his desk, a grin crossing his lips once he realized who it was.

"Oh hi." He said softly as he relaxed in his chair.

"I got the flowers." She stated and he simply nodded, "Good." He responded as he fiddled with his pen.

She sighed and walked over sitting in his lap.

"What?" He asked softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Are yeh feelin' ok?" He asked and she mumbled a yes against his neck as she closed her eyes taking in the smell of his cologne. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him.

"Did yeh have fun wif Sam?" He asked breaking the silence and she pulled back to look at him.

"Yeah, he told me he liked me though. That got awkward."

Oliver chuckled, "I assume so."

"But I think we're good."

"Good to hear. Are we good?" He asked kissing her cheek, his lips lingering longer than they should have.

"Of course. You got me daisies. Those are my favorite!"

He chuckled, "I know, love. I rememba that from our question game."

"Smart you are."

He nodded and she kissed his cheek, "Thanks again for the flowers. I'm sure I'll see you later." She said moving from his lap. He nodded forcing himself not to reach out and pull her back to him. She gave him a wave and he let out a sigh as the door closed.

He was in over his head...
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just want to smack Oli for being so stubborn?! ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Marcellaandrade
As Above_So Below (You're back!! Haha)
Colorxmexacey
Cassidy9171
Stellasykes (sounds like jersey shore...stage 5 clinger. Haha.)
Imperfectivy
:)