The Stars Way Up In The Sky Are Leading My Way And I Don't Know Where Or Why

Hotel Room Drama

We had finally entered Dublin. I was amazed at how well he knew his way around. If it were me back at home, I would be lost if I drove three hours away from where I live, but he had no trouble getting around.

"How do you know your way around? I mean, this must be far from where you live." My curiosity got the best of me.
He didn't seem to notice that I had asked him a question. He seemed like he was thinking heavily about something. I was about to wave my hand in front of his face when he began to speak. His voice was quiet and he sounded sad.

"I used to spend a lot of time in Dublin." As he spoke it looked like each word was cutting his tongue. It was obviously something that was hard to talk about.

"Oh" was my only response. He kinda shook his head and that lit up his face a little. He looked over at me and smiled.

"We're almost there, you must be relieved." I took a breath.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to change these wet clothes and get some sleep. I feel like I could sleep for days." I chuckled.

"I know what you mean. It's been a crazy day." He said as he pulled up to the hotel entrance.

He drove around to the main entrance.

He pulled into a parking space and turned off his car.

"I literally can't thank you enough. You were more than generous to drive me all the way here. If you wait right here, I will run up quick to my room and get you some gas money." I said as I started opening the door.

Before I got all the way out, he interrupted, "That won't be necessary. You are more than welcome. Thank you for giving me an excuse to catch up with my buddy. I won't accept your money, but I will walk you in so that I can use the phone to call my buddy to let him know I'm stopping over." he said as he got out.

We both walked in together in silence. It suddenly became awkward between us. I didn't know what to say to him. He seemed to not know what to say either. We just walked in an awkward silence until we made it inside.

"I'll show you to the pay phone," I said as I walked ahead of him. He just nodded as he followed.

We walked past the reception desk and over to the corner by the lobby bathrooms. There was a phone there.

He said a quick thanks as he took out some change and began to dial a number.

I didn't know what to do. Should I stay here and wait until he is done? Should I try to run upstairs quick to get him some gas money? Before I could decide, he hung the phone up. He hadn't said a word on the phone. Maybe he dialed the wrong number or something. Then he sighed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Uh, well not really. That was my buddy's machine. It said that he is out of town for the next week." He combed his hand through his hair as he looked down at the floor.

Something clicked in my head as I realized what I could do to help him.

"Well than, you are in luck." I stated probably a little too peppy for how tired we both were.

He looked up quickly and was obviously a little shocked by my sudden outburst.

"Haha, sorry. I didn't meant to be so loud, I just realized how I could help you out a little. You are going to stay here tonight!" I said gleefully.

He moved his eyes around obviously showing that he was contemplating if that is what he really wanted to do.

"You have no say in the matter, so it doesn't matter what you are thinking about." I said as I grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the reception desk. He mumbled a "huh?" as I pulled him along.

The woman behind the counter had obviously had a rough day. Her hair was dark, and was full of frizz. Her shirt was not tucked in and her mascara was smudged.

"I need one room, please." I said as Keith stood there staring at the woman. I could tell that he had a lot running through his mind.
The woman sighed loudly and kept her eyes on the computer screen while she replied, "We do not have any vacancies. There is a large conference here this week and we are completely full." She said with an annoyed tone.

"Well, thank you for your time." I said with the same tone.

She looked up at me and rolled her eyes and walked around the desk to a room that was marked employees only.
I tuned my attention back to Keith.

"Well, there is an extra bed in my room. It is not really a proper thing to do, but it is the least I could do to pay back a little what you have done for me."

Keith seemed to snap back to reality.

"No, I couldn't. Thank ya for the offer. It's very kind of ya. But if I leave now, I will make it back home before midnight." as soon as he finished talking he let out a huge yawn.

"Yeah right, you're exhausted. At least take a nap before you head back out on the road."

"I don't think," he started to say but than was interrupted by another long yawn, "I guess that's be okay." He said as he gave in.

I laughed as we walked over to the elevators.

I opened up the key to the room and Sara squealed.

"Where have you been?" She said as she ran over to me, but stopped as she looked at me.

"Oh my gosh, you look horrible! What happened to you?" She said as she looked me up and down.

Before I could answer, her eyes grew wide and she pushed me to one side and ran passed me. I turned quickly to see her punch Keith right in the face while screaming, "You little creep, what do you think you are doing?!"

I got up quick and stopped Sara before she did anymore damage.

"NO! Stop! I brought him here." I yelled as I pulled Sara back. Keith looked like he had the wind knocked out of him.
"Oh, Sara!" I said as I grabbed Keith's arm and led him inside the room so that he could have a seat.

"I'm so sorry, I'll go get some ice!" Sara said as she dashed out of the room, grabbing the ice bucket along the way.

As Keith sat down in one of the beds, I sat next to him until his breathing got back to normal. Before I could ask if he was alright, he said something very softly.
"She's got a strong right hook." I laughed as I realized what he said.
"Yeah, she's a tough one. Are you alright?" He simply nodded. I laughed a little more as Sara came running back in with the ice bucket.
"I am so so so sorry. I didn't realize you were with Colleen. I can't believe I did that!" She said as she handed Keith a bag of ice.

He nodded showing that he had heard her, but he seemed like he was a little afraid of her.

He started to breath normally again and I took the opportunity to introduce Keith to Sara.
"Well, Sara. This man that you used as a punching bag is Keith. I got a flat while driving the rental car and it got stuck in the mud. I started walking when Keith picked me up and he gave me a ride all the way back here. I was lost over three hours from here. I was going to put him up in a room and pay for it, but they are all full. So I was going to give him my bed, so that he could rest before he drove back. Thank you for giving him a warm welcome." I said as I turned my attention back to Keith.

"Keith, this is Sara. She can sometimes act a little irrationally." He showed a small smile.

"You did all that? Wow, well thanks for getting my girl back here safely. I was really freaking out wondering what could have happened to her. My mind just went right to the worst. Then I was relieved when I saw Colleen come in, but I panicked when I saw you behind her. I apologize for my craziness. You are more than welcome to stay the night." She said as she hung her head.

She was quite embarrassed about this situation.

Keith cleared his throat, "It's alright. It's nice to see people lookin' out for one another." he said as he took the ice away from his face.

"I feel better already." He said with a smile.
Sara smiled back.

We talked quickly to inform Sara about everything that had happened. When she had heard everything, she was impressed with Keith's kindness and was happy that he was there to help me out.

After we finished sharing everything, I really wanted to take a shower and get changed. Keith decided he should run out to the thrift store down the road to get something to change into. That way he'd have some clean dry clothes.

I finished my shower and got changed into my comfy pajamas. Sara and I decided to share a bed and let Keith have his own. We are practically like sisters anyway. We've shared beds at countless sleep-overs so we were used to it.

I got into bed and turned on the television.

When Keith got back, he took a quick shower.
When he came out of the bathroom, it was obvious that he was really tired. He awkwardly looked at the empty bed.
It was kind of a weird situation. I never would have thought that I would share my hotel room with a complete stranger. I said some quick prayers of protection hoping that Keith wouldn't turn out to be some kind of perverted weirdo. But, I was just overwhelmed with an inexplicable peace.
I wasn't scared of him, I wasn't freaked out by him. It was weird. I can't believe that this was happening. It was like I had lost all the common sense I had. Two young women who are in a foreign country should not share their hotel room with a male stranger. I couldn't believe the amount of stupidity that had gone into making this decision. I guess all I can do now is wait until the morning and hope that I wake up in the morning without regretting my decision.
I mumbled a 'goodnight' as I rolled over to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one!
I'm sorry that it has been so long!
Comment/Subscribe!!!
<3