Status: Hecho!

Falling From the Sky

Cuatro

The next day I woke up around noon. I got dressed quickly and headed off to work.

Sanderson's Photo Repair.

The place was everything and anything cameras. The exansivness of the store drew me in origianlly; the discount I got for working there hooked me. The first couple of hours I was hardly able to sit it was so busy. But soon enough it died down completley.

I sat at the counter rolling film when my phone started to sing some Noah and The Whale to me.

'Hey Jaime, haha how's the hangover?' Jake had texted me.

'Pssh, please, I haven't had a show hangover in years.' I replied.

'What're you up to?' he asked.

'Work!... you?'

'Ventureing round Hartford. Where do you work?' he asked.

I told him all about my job and he started asking about the store which stared leading into more about my photography. After a while that conversation died down though and now I was left just sitting. I'd finished the film and still had another couple of hours left before I could go.

My phone suddenly started screaming a Scary Kids song at me - phone call. There were only numbers on the screen, no ID name or anything.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Jaime, It's Andy." his voice bellowed through the phone. I instantly smiled.

"Oh hey, what's good?"

"Hmm, nothing really. Chilling out at the venue."

"Bored?"

"A little bit. I was wondering around town before but I'm not feeling being outside today."

"Yeah," I laughed lightly, "Connecticut right?"

"Yeah, Jake told you? He'd said he was talking to you so... thought I'd check in." he said in a quieter voice.

"Oh yeah. Well, listen, I'm at work so I'm not technically supposed to be talking on the phone, but text me later on or something... Let me know how the show goes." Smooth, very smooth. I was kind of proud... except no one was around, I could keep talking. No one would ever find out. But-

"Yeah sure thing. I'll talk to you later."

"Kay, bye Andy."

"Good bye Jaime."

The last hour and a half of work flew by. I was on a small buzz from talking to Andy, even though it'd been hardly a 2 minute conversation. Plus, towards the end, Jake had started texting me these stupid jokes that made me want to have a *heavy sigh* shake your head in disapointment kind of reaction.

I walked into my room that night to find Chandler on my bed. Chan was my best friend. She'd moved into town a couple of years ago. We met in journalism and clicked instantly. I changed into comfy clothes and gave her my laptop so she could look through my pictures from the show.

"Mocha creme crunch?" I asked.

"Huh, YESSS!" she yelled, throwing her fist in the air.

And so I headed downstaris to grab the carton of icecream out of the freezer. My mom had left some mail that had come for me on the table. It was all different little advertisments for colleges. I sighed as I headed back up to my room with everything in hand. I hated that I had to figure out what I'd do with my life. The world and future scared me and I hated having all these options and possibilites. I mean, what if I picked the wrong thing and just... ugh!

Chandler was staring at the picture of Andy; the one witht he kneeling and screaming.

"This one, period." she said as she spooned some ice cream into her mouth.

"Yeah, everyone's in love with that one." I told her.

"No kidding." she laughed.

"I'm using it... and... this one." she said as she pulled up a picture of the band as a whole. Usually this is how we worked for the school paper. She'd do articles and I'd take pictures for them. It was a finely tuned system.

Chan had jumped into watching videos of BVB on youtube as we finished up the ice cream.

"AAAAH!! He is delicious."she smiled as we watched an interview.

I gasped, "Jake?!" She only wiggled her eyebrows.

"No, you will corrupt him. I refuse to let you take him down like a gazelle!"

"Jeez, protective much?"

"Nooo, he's my boy though... my other crazy... you can not harm him."

Her eyebrows shot up, "You know him?!"

"Well... yeah. We met the other night. I met the whole band but Jake, Andy and I are buddies... I guess."

Chandler frowned a little bit, "You need to take me to shows with you."

"Sorry," I sighed.

After a couple more videos and endless torment on me for not taking her, Chan suddenly turned to face me.

"Yes Chan?"

"It's not delivery, it's Digiorno." she told me. I stared at her for a second.

"Yeah okay fine, but after pizza, you should probably hit it cause it's almost 10."

"Yes ma'am!" Chandler siad as she jumped up from my bed.