Status: active-hopefully lots of school work and work

Crazy Mixed Up World

You'll be in my heart

Today was the day. Today was the day that I was burying my parents. I was released from the hospital a couple days ago. I would have to go back in a few weeks to see how everything is healing and to see when I can get my cast off.

Jonathan planned the funeral basically by himself seeing as we are on our own now. Both my parents were only children* so we don’t have any aunts or uncles and both sides of our grandparents died along time ago.
We only wanted a small church ceremony and than a private burial with us and our parents and our closest friends.
I got dressed in a knee length black dress with white polka dots and grey lace up heels. I also put on a black veil. My mom loved these little accessories so I decided to wear it. I grabbed a clutch out of my closet. I almost started crying when I saw it. I sat down on my bed. It was my mother’s favourite evening purse. I borrowed it for a school dance and forgot to give it back to her. It still had her perfume scent on her. It also reminded me of happier times.

Flashback
“Hey Mom!!!” I screamed from my room.
“Yes dear?”
“I need a purse for tonight that will match my dress. I can’t find ANYTHING!!”
“Are you sure? I know I’ve bought you hundreds of purses.”
“Mom tonight has to be perfect. This is my first time going out with Kevin and I really like him”
“Okay lets go look in my closet and see what we can find”

End of Flashback

When I came out of the memory I found that I had a hint of a smile on my face, which quickly left when I heard Jonathan call me downstairs. I guess coming upstairs may not have been the best idea. I called David and asked him how he thought I should get downstairs.
“Sliding on your butt?” He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“One, I’m in a dress and two I have a ten pound cast on my leg that I would prefer not to break. Please carry me downstairs?” I asked him batting my eyelashes.

“Yes Jonathan?” I asked after David set me down. He then went back upstairs to finished getting dressed.
Jonathan looked at me.
“What are you wearing? You do know we are going to our parents funeral in twenty minutes.” He asked me very calmly.
“Yes, I am well aware, I do believe I was present went they died” I all but screamed at him. “Mom happened to love polka dots and loved when I anything with them. Now what did you need?”
“I forgot until now. The nurses gave me some of mom and dads’ things. I found moms locket that she always wore. I think she would want you to have it.” His voice was thick when he said it.
“Will you put it on for me” I asked him with tears in my eyes.
Wordlessly he put the heart shape gold locket around my neck. On the back of it, it had each of our initials and birthdates. On the inside was a picture of my mom and dad on one side and on the other was a picture of my brothers and me. She always said that she wanted us with her at all times and this helped her feel closer to us. So now I knew that my mom and dad would always be in my heart. At this point I was in tears and than a thought came to my head.

“Jon, what’s going to happen to me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
what Melissa wore: http://www.polyvore.com/funeral/set?id=43005558
btw does anyone know how to do the intent hyperlink thing (when a word is a hyperlink and u click on it and it will take you right to the outfit or room design etc?) it would be really helpful thx
*don’t know if any of what I’m about to write is true or not.
title is based on you'll be in my heart by phil collins i do not own it and btw i do not own any of the people you recognize only my characters
please leave comments (constructive criticism as well) :)