‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

Starting the Day

Image

Matt's POV

I walked around my new school. I had already grabbed my schedule from the front and found my locker. The bell doesn't ring for another five minutes.

I walked around the open campus. Unlike my school, this school was open doors. It was more fresh and the school didn't smell like body odor all around.

So far… I like it here.

"Hey." I turned around at the voice.

I turned to see a girl with red headed girl. She was really pretty, she even looked like that one woman from Mad Men but instead she was skinny and super tall. She was wearing 3 inch heels and dressed in expensive looking clothes.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You must be the new girl?" She asked. I nodded.

"Oh. So, you're the slut that got it on with Bayley Kohner." She said smirking. I looked at her strangely.

What she being serious or was she just playing around?

Before I could say anything...

"Oh. The new slut." A girl said from behind the red head girl, this girl had platinum blonde hair and had the same body structure as the red head.

"Stay away from our guys." Another one popped up.

In my head, I was thinking, 'What the hell.' and 'Was this seriously happening, again?'

"Seriously. Keep you cheap ass hands off our guys." The red head said and then… she went up to me and shoved me.

I stumbled back into another girl. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by all these girls.

Bayley POV

"What's going on over there?" David asked as he looked over to the big crowd.

"Let's find out." Dex said, he seemed worried.

"You bitch!" A girl screeched.

"You whore." Another yelled.

The guys and I pushed our way through the crowd to see the Ringers.

The Ringers were the most horrible people at our school. And to tell you, they consist of all girls.

That's why it's really bad. If you think boy gangs are bad, think again.

Laney Cristabel was their leader. And the guys on the team said that she had a big thing for me, but seriously… I would never look her way. I am smart enough to see trouble when it's there to see. I see why guys think she's hot. She's a model, she has boobs that fall out in the halls, she's tall and she is popular. But see, I like short girls. I like button noses and I like Matt.

I wonder where she went to?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a scream. I shoved my way to the front.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Matt was there…

And she was kicking those girl's asses.

As one by one of the Ringers fell to the floor, Matt was sweating like crazy. When she beat up the last girl standing, Matt grabbed her stuff and huffed away.

I stood there watching her walk away.

I don't know how it happened or what was wrong with me but… I…. I was turned on.

"Can you believe it?" Chris said loudly.

"Matt kicked their asses." Jimmy said.

"Dude." Clark said, "She just beaten up six of the worst girls in our school."

"Hey, you okay?" Dex asked me. I looked over at him, he seemed worried. I nodded.

I was worried.

I was worried about Matt.

She just beat up the school's worst girl gang. I'm worried what those girls are planning to do to her.

"Guys." I said stopping. We were all in front of the locker rooms, we kept our stuff in our PE lockers instead of our real lockers.

"Yea, dude?" Jimmy asked.

"What's up your butt?" David asked. Dex hit him upside the head.

"We have to protect Matt." I said.

"Oh. Yes, because you love her." Riley sneered. I glared at him. Jimmy elbowed Riley's ribs.

"No, Bayley's right guys." Dex said. "We have to protect her. She's Coach's niece. What would he do to us if he knew that Matt was being bullied at OUR school and WE didn't do anything about it." Dex emphasized.

I nodded in agreement.

"Yes. Coach basically put her in our hands. And not only has she helped us out during practice, she's also our friend." I said.

"Yea. Jimmy, who helped you do your blockings for practice?" Dex asked Jimmy.

"You and Bayley." He replied.

"Well.. who helped you the day before the game against the Troyers?" Dex asked again.

"Matt." he said.

"Yea. Clark, who helped you with your skating style?" I asked Clark.

"Matt." He said.

"Yea. So, do we all agree?" I asked.

"To protect Matt?" Dex said.

"Yes!"

"Aye!"

"Hell yes."

"Okay. We all agree." Dex said, he flashed me a smile and I nodded.

This was why Dex was my best friend.

Matt's POV

I sighed. I can't believe it was happening again.

"Hey." This time I turned around for the worst.

"Come at me- Dex?" I asked. He was waving at me but stopped in confusion.

He then smiled, "Don't worry. I'm not a Ringer." He assured with a smile. I sighed.

"I just can't catch a break." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't worry about it. Those girls are just plain evil." He said. I smiled, I felt better knowing that not everyone was blinded unlike my old school.

"What's with them anyway?" I asked.

"They're just horrible people." He said. He started walking with me.

"Did you guys date them or something?" I asked remembering one of the girls telling me to stay away from "their" guys.

"No. None of us ever got involved with them." Dex assured.

"Oh… then what's with them telling me to stay away from you guys?" I asked.

"Because, the red headed one, Laney Cristabel has a big crush on Bayley." Dex said. I replied with an 'Oh.'

"Don't worry." Dex said. I looked up at him and scoffed.

"Why would I be worried?" I asked confused.

"Oh… you know." He said knowingly. Did Bayley tell him about us?

"What?" I asked. He didn't reply, he just gave a smile.

"Tell me now!" I said.

"All of us know about you and Bayley." he said. My eyes widened.

"What? How?" I asked.

"Just now when you told me." He said smiling widely. I gasped and punched his arm.

"Ow! Gosh, girl… you have a strong hit." he said. "No wonder you were able to beat up all those bitches." He said. His last comment made me grin.

"How could you do that! YOU CAN'T say anything!" I said.

"Don't worry. I don't want my best friend off the team." He assured. "But what's the deal anyway?" He asked.

"Deal with what?" I asked confused.

"The deal with you and Bayley. Everyone sees the way he looks at you." Dex said. I looked down to the ground as I blushed. I held a grip onto the strap of my backpack.

"I don't know." I said. I really didn't. He put his arm around me.

"It's okay. You don't have to spill." He said. I shrugged off his arm.

"Look. If Bayley caused those girls to terrorize me… then I don't want to know what would happen when other girls come to do so because of you." I said honestly.

"Oh… I don't think it will happen." He said. I shook my head.

"No… you don't think. I know." I said. "I'll see you later." I said and went my way.

When I entered my first period class I was attacked by stares. I sighed in distress and grabbed a seat in the front so I didn't have to see people looking at me because I know I am not going to turn the fuck around.

"Hello class. My name's Mr. Simmons." The teacher said while walking in. I looked up to see Rodney staring straight down at me. My eyes went wide.

What the hell was he doing here?