‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

It's Such A Shame

Image

I sat there staring at him… Rodney.

As girls giggled and sighed at the sight of him I just sat there with my arms crossed doing nothing.

He can't make me do anything.

When the bell rung I got up and started my way out the door as fast as I could.

"Wait. Miss Patton, please come back here." I groaned.

I turned around and regretfully walked back into the classroom.

"Yes?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

He closed the door and then came up to me.

"I can't believe you're right in front of me." He cooed softly.

"Stop it." I said bluntly.

"I missed you." He said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Simmons, but I'm going to be late to class." I said and started my way back out.

"It's fine, I'll give you a pass." He said.

"No. I want to leave." I said and made my way towards the door.

"Please, let me explain." He said desperately.

"Explain, what?" I asked. "I thought you explained everything the day you left." I said.

"No… I… we weren't supposed to end like that." he said.

"What the fuck Rodney. Stop your crap. I'm over it." I said angrily and returned on my way out the door. I walked as fast as I could because it hurts, and my eyes were brimming with tears.

I heard him call my name but I kept going.

I ran to my next classroom. I walked in to be late.

Unfortunately, it didn't get any better.

There sat Bayley in the front seat. The one next to the only empty seat on the lab bench.

I also saw Laney… my day is just this fucked up.

Sorry for the cussing but today is just not my day.

Why wherever I go, there's always something bad that just has to happen to me?

"Hello there, Miss Patton. Please take a seat." The male teacher said with a mocking tone to his voice. I went and sat down onto the seat. I ignored Bayley's stares.

"Well since Ms. Patton her precious time to come to class then we should just get started on a pop quiz." The teacher guy said.

I glared at him.

"It's not her fault. She just started today." Bayley said. I looked over to him.

He was looking hard at the teacher guy who looked back at Bayley with the same intensity.

Someone in the back coughed.

"Well, Mr. Kohner. Since you took great delight in defending your new classmate. It won't hurt the both of you for detention in the library after school." The teacher guy said coldly.

I groaned.

"Oh, thank you for groaning. That just placed another one for the both of you." The teacher guy scolded.

I glared at him.

"Now, stop wasting me time… because I will waste yours." The guy said. I rolled my eyes.

This is the shittiest teacher ever.

I looked over to Bayley to see him looking at me. I gave a slight smile as thanks for defending me.

When class was over, Bayley and I stayed back to grab our detention slips.

We then both walked out the room together, both equally pissed and annoyed.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks.

"Yea… this isn't the first you know that right?" I said bluntly. I felt really tired right now.

"I bet. I mean… by how you fought. It seemed trained." He said.

"Oh, yea… my dad." I said sighing. "He's in the army."

"Oh… understood." He said shaking his head. I bit my lips.

"So, is he out there now?" Bayley asked.

"Yea… he's at a campsite." I said.

"Do you miss him?" He asked.

"Yea, kinda. I'm used to him being gone." I said, "You must think that's pretty weird. To not miss someone that important."

"No…" He said quickly.

I laughed.

"Okay. See you." I said and walked off...

Bayley's POV

I looked at her walking away and sighed.

"Bay!" I didn't turn around… I knew the voice and I hated it when she called my name.

"BAY!" She screeched. I turned.

"What, Laney?" I asked trying to be as polite as possible.

"I… did you see what she did today?" Laney said in her accusing tone. I wanted to roll my eyes.

"Yea, when you and the Ringers were surrounding her." I said.

"Yea, well it wasn't like she was a victim or anything." Laney said.

I stopped on my tracks and turned to face her.

She smirked.

"Stop, okay Laney?" I said, "Leave her out of your games. She did nothing to you." I said.

"Yea, except taking you." She said as she stared hard at me.

"I was never with you or yours to begin with. So, stop bothering her…. I mean it." I warned.

She stayed silent.

"No." She huffed then walked away.

I have to do something…

I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned. I heard someone giggle on the side, I looked to the noise to see freshman girls standing there looking at me wide eyed, they were all giggling loudly. I looked at them and gave a light friendly smile and walked away.

I was gearing up for hockey practice.

"Hey, Bayley. Coach wants to talk to you." Clark said. I sighed and strapped on my skates before walking into Coach's office. When I walked in there was a woman standing there talking to Coach. She seemed familiar but not a person I would know.

"Okay. It's fine… I think I should do the same with Blair." She reasoned.

"I don't know. Anything you find fitting." He said, then he noticed me.
"Bayley. I wanted to talk to you."

"I'll see you later." She concluded and left the office.

"Yea, Coach?" I asked him.

"How was school today?" He asked me. I frowned and my brows furrowed.

"Don't you mean, how was Matt's first day?" I asked him, he sighed in defeat.

"Yes. That's what I really wanted to know." He confessed.

"She… she… she has us." I said.

"What do you mean?" Coach questioned and stood up from his chair.

"We have her back Coach. You don't need to worry about anything." I said.

"I'm not worried." He said while clicking his pen.

"Coach… you're clicking your pen." I said. He looked down to his hand and stopped the clicking.

"Okay… Maybe I am a little." He sighed and then sunk back down into his chair. "After what happened at the last one, I was hoping she'd have a better time at your school."

"Yea, she told me." I said, "Coach, you must be honest here. All Matt did was to defend her friend from getting bullied. You should be proud of her."

Coach looked up at me, "Who are you Kohner? What have you done to that smart ass boy?" He said with a grin.

I shrugged. Coach shook his head and ruffled his hair. He seems like he has been stressed out this whole week.

"Come on, boy. Time to practice." Coach said and we went out.