We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Only Hope

"Ang, come on. I want to show you around London" I smiled after he walked out of the bathroom. "Tom and GI leave today and we go home tomorrow. let's walk around, get dinner and go see a movie"

"it's a date" he smiled. he grabbed his things and we left. I told Doug we were going out and he simply smiled.

we walked out of Tom and Gi's house and he put his arm threw mine, so we were connected at the elbows. he looked down to me.

"where to, my beautiful lady?" he giggled. I just walked straight.

we walked around London for most of the day. he brought me an early birthday present. it was a Pandora bracelet. there was already four charms on it. a guitar, a music note, a four leaf clover and an anchor.

"the guitar and the music note is for the band. the four leaf clover is because you're so Irish it isn't even funny, and you're our lucky charm. and the anchor is because you keep us all grounded. you don't let things get to us. you hold us down" he explained.

"oh Ang. it's so pretty. thank you so much!" I kissed his cheek. our food came out and we sat in silence for a little as we began to eat. "so what movies are out"

"The Raven is out, Black Shadows" I smiled "movies come out here a few days earlier than they do at home" I giggled.

"Black Shadows it is, I know how much you love Johnny Depp" he laughed.

after dinner was done and I forced him to let me pay, we walked to the movies and found some seats. I leaned into him.

"thank you for coming Ang. it means a lot to me" I whispered.

"I'll always have you're back, Sam. Don't you worry about that" he whispered back, kissing the top of my head.

when the movie was done, which I thought was absolutely amazing and he wasn't too fond of, we gave me a piggy back ride back to the house. he went upstairs to pack everything as I sat in the kitchen, sipping on some tea. Dougie came up and joined me.

"have fun?" he asked, I nodded. "he isn't right for you. you were so much happier with Balz. I can tell"

"Dougie, Ang is my best friend. that's all he'll ever be. that's all any of the guys will ever be. Balz ruined his chance" I snapped.

"sometimes, people make mistakes. everyone deserves a second chance" he whispered, kissing my forehead and disappearing.

We arrived home and Ryan and Allie were waiting for us. they gave us hugs and drove us back to the house.

"Frank's show was pushed forward. it's tomorrow now" Allie shook her head. I just nodded.

"you've been staying with Frank?" Chris asked. I shrugged and nodded.

"I better get home, I know he probably only made tacos for the past week" I shook my head.

"please stay" Ryan frowned. "he isn't here. he said he was spending time with his parents"

"I'd love too Ry, but Frank can only eat so many tacos. I'll stop by before his show. oh before I go, look what Ang got me. the guitar and music note are for the band, the clover for my Irish-ness and the anchor because he said I hold you guys all down"

"it's true. we'll see you soon, love. birthday dinner! on us and you can't argue" Chris smiled. I said goodbye and grabbed my keys. I drove back to the apartment thinking about what Doug told me.

just as I thought, Frank had only eaten tacos and pizza since i'd left. I shook my head, making him a nice chicken dinner. he ate it like it was his last meal.

"so my show is tomorrow. we're playing before Patent Pending. ever heard of them?" he told me. I jumped, grabbing my phone quickly.

"JOEY WHERE ARE YOU!?" I yelled.

"pulling into P.A right now, what's wrong boo?" he said, panicked.

"do you boys need somewhere to stay tonight?"

"we were going to get a hotel? why do you know of someone who can bunk us because we don't have that much left"

"yeah, its apartment 37 in Buckingham Apartments. I'll let them know" I smirked.

"thank you so much Sam, we'll never repay you! hey, we better see your face in L.A in two weeks. bye" I hung up mumbling to myself.

"who the fuck?" Frank asked. I laughed.

"you'll see" I shook my head. I started making more food. Frank cleaned up a bit. at 8 I heard someone knock on the door "answer that, I want to surprise them"

as Frank went to answer the door, I hid in the kitchen. I heard the door open and the awkward hellos.

"uh Sam Smith told us you were okay with us staying here for the night" Joe said.

"Sam Smith?" I asked, walking around the corner. I heard a bunch of screams and they ran and hugged me. "hey guys, this is my friend Frank, he'll be opening for you tomorrow. Frankie, this is Joe, Anthony, Marc, Rob and Travis."

"oh shit, how do you know them Sam?" Frank asked, shaking everyone's hand.

"I saw them play in L.A a few times. we just got close" I laughed "go in the kitchen, there's food. I know you guys are hungry"

most of the night was spent laughing. until Frank got a phone call from his singer and guitarist who were in the hospital with a severe case of food poisoning.

"Sammy, please?!" Frank begged.

"I don't know any of your songs!" I told him.

"we'll cover songs. just give me a list and I'll tell the guys"

Frank and I quickly decided a set list and he called to tell the other guitarist and drummer. they didn't seem to mind. I fell asleep to Anthony and Joe sleeping on my floor.

I made breakfast for everyone. waking them up by noon. they didn't get much sleep in that van. after eating, Joe asked me to play Drop Dead with them. Rob agreed to let me play, so I didn't turn it down.

I showered and threw on my black leather pants, white tank top and leather jacket. I put on my high heeled boots that came to my ankle and loosely curled my hair. I put my makeup on dark and was ready. I walked out and looked at the boys.

"ready?" I asked. they all stared. "come on" I shook my head.

we all left and went to the Croc Rock. the guys did sound check and than we did. it was rounding the time for us to go on. I saw how many kids were there. I saw TJ standing in the corner and I was sort of confused.

"whys TJ here?" I asked Frank.

"how I forgot, he came to visit" he smiled. "leaving for South America soon, wanted to say bye" I smiled.

we were called on stage. We started off by playing All That I Got by The Used. quickly going into Snuff by Slipknot. We played Best of You by Foo Fighters than Frank and I did an acoustic version of Have Faith In Me by A Day To Remember. we ended our little set by playing Bring Me To Life by Evanescence. I played the piano.

We finished and another little band played. I walked over to TJ and was talking to him during their set, not really paying attention. finally the guys were going on so I started to walk to the stage, but got distracted by a young girl who'd asked me for a picture. I heard piano start and a voice I loved.

I need some time just deliver the things that I need for now
Everything that I feel's like a warm deep calm casting over me
And it's taking me to somewhere new

If you believe that everything's alright
You won't be all alone tonight
And I'd be blessed by the light of your company,
Slowly lifting me to somewhere new
Angelo began to play the drums and the lights turned on, showing Ricky, Chris, Angelo and Ryan

Oh can you tell, I haven't slept very well
Since the last time that we spoke, you said
"Please understand if I see you again don't even say hello."

Please

What a night it is, when you live like this
And you're coming up beneath the clouds,
Don't let me down
All the love's still there I just don't know what to do with it now
You know, I still can't believe we both did some things
I don't even wanna think about
Just say you love me and I'll say "I'm sorry,
I don't want anybody else to feel this way"
No, no, no

Oh can you tell, I haven't slept very well
Since the last time that we spoke, I said
"Please understand I've been drinking again, and all I do is hope"

Please... stay
Please stay

I'll admit I was wrong about everything
Cause I'm high and I don't wanna come down
All the fun that we had on your mothers couch,
I don't even wanna think about

I'm not strong enough for the both of us
What was I supposed to do
You know I love you
Whoa-oh

Please just stay
Stay


I ran over to the door to escape but Frank was in my way. I quickly ran to the other door but TJ was there. he hugged me and twisted me around.

"we're doing this for you" he whispered to me. another song started and I watched, TJ let go of me as I walked closer to the stage. it was Secondhand Serenade now. someone was teaching him how to sing, or atleast be better in pitch.

my beating heart is getting tired
tonight it feels like it's on fire
and I'm driving all alone
my hand is on my phone
waiting for you to call me
please pick up the phone and call me
cause I'm lonely and my mind is aching
can't you see I'm for the taking

you are my only hope
but youre so far
and you are my only hope
so come back home
from where you are

I see your face on everyone
like the constant beating of the sun
right on my skin
I'm suffering without you
I'm tired i reach for my stereo
it's starting to sound real close to home
and I cant bear
to sleep here without you

you are my only hope
but you're so far
and you are my only hope
so come back home
from where you are

just come back home
from where you are
just come back home

sometimes I feel like I was mistaken
you must be an angel
sit down and teach me what life was all about
I see myself changing
no longer a stranger
you gave me a reason to never die

you are my only hope
but you're so far
and you are my only hope
so come back home
from where you are


he hoped off stage and came towards me but I walked to the back to stand by the guys. Joe and Anthony gave me a hug, wiping away the tears that had escaped. they went on stage and played their first song, Douchebag. Rob came over and handed me his guitar. I stood on stage in his usual spot, infront of his mic. they were all still in the crowd. Anthony started us off, and we all joined.

Well you've got no sense of humor but it's funny the way you show me.
I pick the worst times and I'd bet you a dollar,
There's some kid who wants you dead for something stupid you did.
Cause you know you'd never show unless there's no place left to go.


You're like a brother to me.
But I've been trying to keep my distance.
Won't you cover for me?
Cause I've been building up resistance,
To another broken nose and a bottle to soothe it.
The cops are getting closer won't you get up and move it?
Come on. Come on.

Hey kid, drop dead. Won't you leave me alone?
Ok, I'll wait. I'll save you.
Hey kid, drop dead. Won't you leave me alone?
Ok, I'm waiting for you.


Won't you leave me alone?
Well I'm sure that you can manage.
Won't you pick up the phone?
So we can talk about the damage.
And the things you'll leave behind once you make a decision.
And you always let me down with such graceful precision.
Come on. Come on.

Hey kid, drop dead. Won't you leave me alone?
Ok, I'll wait. I'll save you.
Hey kid, drop dead. Won't you leave me alone?
Ok, I'm waiting for you.

Hey kid, drop dead. Won't you leave me alone? x4


"everyone, give it up for Sam Smith!" Joe said into his mic. I gave Rob his guitar back and was getting ready to walk off stage "wait a second. a few days ago actually, I was watching some of Sam's old videos on youtube, and if you don't know Sam, you wouldn't know she loves to cover songs. luckily, she covered one of our songs. and she understood the message. Sam, I was wondering it you'd sing it with me?"

"sure" I smiled. I really just wanted to get out of there though. Rob started off.

Small town, just north of the city,
There's a girl all alone by the window in need and she,
She's thinking that this worlds too much to take
And they could use one less heart to break
She stares down at the world below
Fools herself to thinking she should just let go, I know
I wish she knew she wasn't so alone

She left us a letter to outline the facts
How she felt so alone like the world turned their backs
Her parents don't notice she's slipping away
She'd still be around if she just heard them say


It's the ups and downs of living life this way
Promise me you'll never go away
Just stay with me through one more night
Because it's always darkest before the light
And now I promise you I'll never turn away
I won't let you give us one less heart to break


Flash back to early that year
Between his home life and school he wished he'd just disappear, I know
He's thinking that this worlds too much to take
And they could use one less heart to break
Whole world comin' down on his back
He takes a bottle of pills and then he's finished with that, I know
I wish he wasn't so alone

He left us a letter to outline the facts
How he felt so alone like the world turned their backs
His parents don't notice he's slipping away
He'd still be around if he just heard them say


It's the ups and downs of living life this way
Promise me you'll never go away
Just stay with me through one more night
Because it's always darkest before the light
And now I promise you I'll never turn away
I won't let you give us one less heart to break


I said goodbye and waited for them to play their next song, before I escaped out the back door. quickly getting into my car and driving away way to fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
during Drop Dead & One Less Heart To Break - Joe Singing Sam Singing both

look up Patent Pending, great guys, great music!