We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Wishing Well

"ARE THOSE HEELS AGAINST MY FLOOR I'M HEARING?!" Dan screamed, I laughed. I walked down the front hallway and rounded the corner.

"SAMMY!" Jenna screamed, leaving her desk and running over to me.

"hey JennaBoo" I smiled. "ugh, I've missed this place"

"we've missed you too" Dan hugged me.

I was back at the tattoo parlor I used to work at. Dan owned it. Jenna was the secretary, than Tom and Mike, along with Dan, we're the artists.

"your first appointment comes in in about 30 minutes. relax, set up your station, talk to JennaBoo because she fucking misses SammyBoo!" Jenna told me. the guys left and went back to their stations, I looked over and saw my old station against the window. I smiled, walking over to it and looking at what Dan was working on.

"thanks for letting me tattoo here Dan" I smiled, kissing his cheek "nice work"

I set up my gun and cleaning everything up. as soon as I was done, I went over to Jenna and began to tell her about P.A, the guys and Josh. We were interrupted by my appointment. his tattoo was simple, I just had to color it in. it was a piece on his chest I'd worked on twice before. when we were done, I went and talked with Jenna again, until my last appointment of the day came in. again, a customer who I'd worked with for many sessions on his sleeve. Upon finishing up, I told them I'd see them tomorrow for when Brian and Johnny came in so I could finish them up. I left, walking too the practice area.

"I hope you guys still want me here" I giggled, hearing them all tune up.

"Sammy!" they smiled. "of course we do! are you going to be in Cali on November 10th? we have a show and we'd really love if you played one last live show before we get that new singer"

"yeah, my brother has a show that night too, so I'll be here" I promised. "I'm just going to set my laptop up over here. Shay wants to talk to you guys"

I laid my laptop on the road box and signed in. I told Shay we were getting ready to play and walked over to the corner to do my warm-ups.

"shit, uh Sammy, I think I answered this" Mikey said, I looked over at the screen and saw Shay's face. "oh, hey Shay"

"Mikey! ugh, I miss you guys!" Shay said, I saw them crowd against the laptop and talk to her, so I finished my warm-ups and plugged in my mic.

"ready guys?" I asked, they nodded, moving away from the laptop. I saw Abbey had joined her.

"awh, Sam you look really cute" Abbey told me. "SAMMY!? WHERE>?! Angelo screamed, his face soon joined Abbey and Shay. "hold on, let me get you on the big screen"

"you guys are ridiculous" I shook my head. I turned around "Make You Smile first? Doug, you do male?"

"yup!" Doug smiled. I heard Mikey bang his sticks together and we began to play Make You Smile by +44. Abbey and Shay sang along. by the end of the song, TJ, Ricky and Ryan had joined. I saw Ricky and Shay hold hands, and I knew he'd done what I told him.

Next we played Bloody Romance by Senses Fail. Chris and Balz walked in halfway through, wings in hand, and sat on the couch and watched.

"wow, we've gained a crowd. is that Motionless In White?" Ben asked, I nodded.

"yeah. Ben, Doug, Mikey and Rob, that's Chris, TJ, Ricky, Josh, Ryan and Angelo" I said, they all waved. "last song than you guys are going bye bye. isn't it like, 12 there? why do you have wings?"

"the real question is why don't YOU have wings?" Angelo asked, I just shook my head.

we played Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana and than said our goodbyes and turned off my laptop.

after that, we worked on a mix of songs until about midnight.

the same routine happened the day after.

-Balz-
"have you guys left yet?" I asked Chris.

"no, we legit just woke up. we're rushing so we make it there in time"

"dude, don't worry. I'll go get her. I'm bored and I'm already driving around. I'll bring her home right away" I told him. he told Abbey and I no longer heard someone rushing.

"thanks dude. see you in a little"

Sammy was finally coming home today and I was actually pretty excited. I listened to nothing but The Misfits the whole way there. As I walked through the glass doors, my heart started racing a little faster. I walked to the screen and found which gate she'd be coming in. ten minutes her plane would land, so I took my time on finding it. I arrived just two minutes before but already saw people walking off. I stood right in the middle so she'd be able to see me. my heart raced faster and faster and I thought it'd stopped beating when I saw her. she ran over to me and jumped. I caught her. she hugged me tight.

"are we alone?" she asked, I nodded and she pressed her lips to mine. "I talked to my girls in L.A, and I've had a lot of free time and time to think. and I want you to ask me. the question I've seen in your eyes for awhile, just ask me"

"go on a date with me?" I asked, she nodded. she bit her lip and kissed me again.

I put her down and took her hand, walking with her to the carousel to grab her bag. we walked in silence to my car and I was just happy to have her back. I started to drive the way back to the house.

"how was L.A?" I asked.

"great. I miss it. but I missed home more. I mean, I can always talk to them on the phone or skype. I don't like being followed. here I know I'm safe, and I don't have to constantly worry about people taking pictures of me. I like it here" she told me, and I smiled. I lifted her hand and kissed it.

"everyone's excited to see you" I told her, and her face lit up. "come with me tomorrow, I have to go to New York" she nodded.

we made small talk until we reached the house. I grabbed her bag before she could and walked inside. everyone basically attacked her upon her entrance. I brought her bag up to her room and came back downstairs.

"we have a surprise for you. its from all of us" Abbey said. "go down into the basement"

she walked downstairs and we heard the shrill screams all the way upstairs. she ran back up and stared at us all.

"YOU GUYS GAVE ME MY OWN EQUIPMENT?!" she yelled, Chris nodded.

"yup. we all chose it out. Ryan and TJ picked out the guitar, Angelo gave you his old drum set, Ricky picked out your bass, Balz picked out the most elite keyboard ever, and I gave you the very first mic I ever had. we wanted you to have your own little private area, and Abbey and Shay knew how much you missed playing every night with the band, so they talked us into it and also put a tv and webcam in there so you can play with them"

"you guys are the absolute best! I love you guys" she got choked up.

"our pleasure" Ang mumbled.

"but when we were cleaning up, we found some old videos of us, so everyone get changed, its movie night" Shay smirked.

everyone scattered, Sammy grabbing my hand and pulling me up to her room with her. she closed the door and locked her lips with mine. I found the bed and sat down, not breaking it. she pulled away and giggled.

"sorry, I just kinda missed you" she bit her lip.

"I love when you do that" I told her, she looked at me weird. "bite you lip. I don't know, I find it really cute" she shook her head and took out a pair of Attack Attack! basketball shorts and stole my sweatshirt. she disappeared and came back out zipping up the hoodie, only her bra on underneath.

"well, go get changed" she stuck her tongue at me. I kissed her quickly than ran downstairs and got changed.

I sat next to Sammy on the couch, my arm around her waist, Ricky was in the chair with Shay, Ryan, TJ and Ang sat on the floor and Chris and Ab on the other side of the couch. Abbey pressed play and I heard all three girls gasp.

"its Aunt JoAnne's wedding, we were only 15!" Shay smiled, pointing at the three girls and a boy.

"look at Tyler!" Abbey mumbled.

"look at us! what we're we thinking!" Sammy laughed. "this was exactly a month before my 16th birthday, four months before I left"

"and the singer and guitarist were late for the ceremony. you and Tyler filled there spots!" Shay added.

I saw Tyler standing on stage, guitar around his neck, holding my one hand as I held the other, shaking uncontrollably.

"it was the first time I sang infront of people. but Aunt JoAnne needed me" I whispered.

I saw my tiny little body begin to sing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Aunt JoAnne and Uncle Bobby swung back and forth on the dance floor. I saw the camera pan across the people as some joined on the dance floor, others simply staring at me. Tyler had already let go of me and I began to swing back and forth. the pure shock on some of the faces during the high notes made me giggle. the song ended and I looked around the room, everyone stared at me.

"who the fuck are you and what have you done with that voice?" TJ asked. "you have fucking pipes!"

"I was 15" I rolled my eyes.

"that voice does not just simply disappear babe. you could seriously go far with that voice!" I told her.

"babe?" Ryan mumbled.

"Sammy, why didn't you record something and go to a company?" Chris asked.

"I didn't want to. I just like singing in my spare time, my Aunt needed someone to sing for her first dance, so I sucked it up and did. no big deal"

"its a big deal if you can hit those fucking notes like Whitney can" Angelo told her.

I saw her shut herself down from the comments and continued to watch the home movies.

each movie we watched, the girls got younger and younger, by the end, I felt like I knew them from birth.

atleast you can tell they hadn't changed much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I put in I Will Always Love You because my Aunt used to sing it to me when I was young.
I had it planned before Whitney's passing.
R.I.P Whitney Houston.