‹ Prequel: Remind Me
Status: Coming to life...

I Lost It

Chapter 4

"Alright, so if we leave today, we will only have 5 days and then I have to be back for my doctors appointment on Friday." She said. "So maybe you should just go."

"Well it takes about 14 hours from here to get back home, but that is with no traffic. I usually take two days to get up and back. So that's 4 already. But I don't want to go without you."

"Come on! Just go. I'll be fine. Plus, I know how much you live going there. Just because I haven't seen you in a few months, doesn't mean I forgot." 

"I still remember what you like." She said as she threw her arms around me and started to kiss me, making her way from my lips down to my neck.

I stopped her, knowing that we will had a lot to talk about. 

"So what do you want to do? Can I tell them?"

"Tell who? Your parents?"

"Ye-"

"You shouldn't have to do that! I will tell them with you." 

"So don't say anything when I go?"

"Well I was hoping we could call now. I mean if it is gonna make you uncomfortable when you are up there, then it's fine, but I was just thinking that-"

"Kate.... Let's call."

~~~

"Hello?"

"Hey mom! It's me."

"Hi! Are you on your way?"

"Well actually, I'm here with Katie."

"Oh! You didn't tell me you two were back together! That's great Jeff! I know how much you love her! Is she gonna come up with you? Tell her we all miss her."

My typical mom, not thinking before she talked and blabbing everything on her mind without realizing that it was on speaker and she was making me so embarrassed. 

"Actually, that's why we called you, Mrs. Skinner."

"Oh hello Katie! How are you, dear?"

"I'm great, now." she answered an smiled at me. "How are you?"

"Wonderful! Now what is it you two needed to talk about?"

"Mom, Katie is pregnant."

There was a long pause, until Katie broke the silence.

"Mrs. Skinner are you there?"

"Yes, hi Katie. I'm still here."

"Mrs. Skinner, I need to tell you that Jeff is not the father of my babies, and I didn't cheat on him.  This was from a few days before I met Jeff."

"Oh! Well will you be joining us up here when Jeff comes? Or is he not coming anymore?"

"I'll be there mom."  I answered. "Katie is gonna stay here though."

"Why? Please come up!"

"Well I have a doctors appointment on Friday so that would cut his trip up short. I just don't want to do that.  I'll come up soon though."

"You must! We can go baby shopping before it gets here."

"Alright mom. I'll call you in a little while! Bye."

"Bye. I love you. Goodbye Katie!

~~~

"Jeff, I'm sorry you had to do that. I'm sorry about all of it!"

"You don't need to be sorry. I want to do this!"

"....well then thank you."