Status: Active: Oh so very active...

The Castle in the Clearing

Chapter 9: Overload

Frank’s POV

I woke up the next night to find Gerard lying in a peaceful sleep with his arms wrapped protectively around me. I smiled and looked around the room. Where were Mikey and Ray? I couldn’t see them. I mentally shrugged, if Mikey had anything to do with it, they’d probably be hunting for skittles.

After about half an hour, I decided that it was time to wake Gerard. I pressed my lips to his and after two seconds, I felt him wrap his arms around me and smile into the kiss. I pulled away and grinned at him. “Good evening.” I whispered to the angel that lay next to me.
“Good evening indeed.” Gerard replied before leaning down to peck my lips. We lay for a few moments just kissing innocently and enjoying each other’s company before deciding that we needed to get up and do something for the night.

“Um… Gerard? What am I going to wear? These clothes are all yucky…” I asked nervously. What? I hate wearing dirty clothes! He giggled.

“It’s okay Frankie, you can borrow these for tonight and we’ll get you some new clothes for tomorrow.” He handed me some black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and an ‘Iron Maiden’ hoodie and smiled sweetly at me. “They might be a little big but they’ll have to do for tonight sorry.”

“Thank you!” I exclaimed before engulfing Gerard in a rib crushing hug. He ruffled my hair and walked away to the bathroom to get dressed.

I quickly changed out of my dirty clothes, folded them and placed them in a neat pile on the bed. I pulled the hoodie over my head and slipped my battered old converse over my feet before trying to tame my bed hair. No matter how much I tried, I could never keep my fringe straight. It always curled up at the end and damn, it was irritating.

~Time Lapse~

“Geraaaaaard?” I whined as I climbed onto his back. “Where are we going?”

“That, Frankie dear, is for me to know and you to find out!” He smirked, knowing that I did not enjoy surprises. He giggled as I pouted before speeding off. I had absolutely no idea where we were going but I trusted Gee so it couldn’t be bad, could it?

I buried my face into Gerard’s neck and breathed in his scent of coffee, vanilla and paint. What did I do to deserve such an amazing man as this? I peeked through my hair in an attempt to decipher where we were headed but I didn’t recognise my surroundings. Sighing in defeat, I buried my face back into Gee’s neck. ‘Hmm… Gee… I like that. I officially have a nickname for him now!’ I thought, smiling triumphantly.

Soon enough, we came to a stop and Gee helped me off his back only to scoop me up and carry me bridal style instead. This, of course, completely caught me by surprise and I let out a small yelp. Gee just giggled so I glared at him as he walked into a building.

“Hey Frankie, guess what?” Gee asked, excitement ablaze in his eyes.

“What?” I replied.

“We are… GOING SHOPPING!”

“Yay!” I cheered as I hopped down from Gee’s arms and took his cool, pale hand. “Uh, Gerard? I don’t have any money.” I took a sudden interest in my feet, inspecting my converse as if they were containing something suspicious.

“Frankie, Frankie, Frankie. You really thought that you would have to pay for any of this? Nope, this is on me and I don’t want any objections.” He lifted my chin, pecked my lips and started dragging me towards Hot Topic. I had never been in there personally, but I heard that it was expensive. Gee dragged me to the nearest rail of clothes and started sifting through them and throwing things at me to try on.

Eventually, after looking through what felt like every rack in the store, Gerard pushed me towards the changing rooms along with a huge pile of clothes. This could be a long night.

~Time Lapse of about 2 minutes… just because I can xD~

“Jesus Christ!” I muttered to myself as I attempted to try on one of the pairs of skinny jeans Gerard had picked up for me. Naturally, I couldn’t seem to slide them over my boxers. After a good five minutes of pure effort, I decided to try them without wearing boxers. Yes, it was unsanitary but I couldn’t give a damn. The jeans were easier to slide on and fit nicely, although they left absolutely NOTHING to the imagination. Soon, after a quick moment of looking in the mirror and worrying about whether my ass looked too big, I slipped on one of the t-shirts that Gee had handed me and headed out to seek his opinion.

As I walked out into the corridor, I didn't need to look far for Gerard, as he was sat, in all his beautiful glory, right in front of me with his head bent back against the titanium white walls. His eyes were closed and he looked completely at ease. I hated to have to disturb him but, in all honesty, I just wanted to get out of there.

I cleared my throat. Gerard opened his eyes quickly and tried to find the culprit for his disturbance. It was so cute that I couldn’t help but let out a little giggle. Eventually, his eyes locked on mine and he smiled widely before taking in the rest of my appearance. His eyes came to a halt on my, ahem, ‘downstairs area’ if you catch my drift and I had to clear my throat again to catch his attention. By this point my face was as red as a tomato.

“So what do you think?” I asked him, desperate for his approval.

“Frankie…” he whispered whilst getting up and pulling me into a hug. “You’re so beautiful… we’re getting those clothes whether you want me to or not. No objections. Now go and get your sexy ass changed before I do something drastic.” He said before winking at me and sitting back in his spot against the wall. I knew I was positively crimson and I all but ran back into the changing room to hide my blush and change back into the clothes I had borrowed.

I saw no point in trying on clothes that I knew would fit so I gathered them all up and left the changing room. Gee paid for all the clothes and we left the store carrying several bags between us.

“Is there anything you would like to do now sugar?” Gee asked.

“Can we just go back to the castle please Gee? I’m too lazy to stay here.” I explained.

Gerard chuckled and helped me onto his back.

“Of course we can. Hold on baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, can I just say a huge thank you to my commentors:
the murder girl
LeATHERMOUTH_13
You are awesome, this chapter is for you two!

Next I'd like to say that I'm so sorry for the delay on this chapter. I said it would be up in January now it's May. I'm so sorry, I had personal stuff to deal with and I've recently sat a load of exams that I spent weeks revising for. I'm sorry! I'm back now though and hopefully (if you keep your fingers crossed) the next chapter will be up sometime this week or maybe next week :).

Also, if any of you read my other story 'Celebrations and Commiserations', I'm thinking of deleting it and writing it all again because I feel that it's not great and I could do better. Sorry. I'll let you know before I decide to delete it though :).

Finally, please comment and subscribe. Con/crit is always welcome. I'd love to hear what you think so please don't be shy!

Thank you for sticking with me and sorry for the long author's note. Hehe... oops.

:D Battery Imploder xo