Status: Inactive. Going through some major editing.

If You Love Something... Let It Go.

Chapter 5.

That morning in potions I was sharing a table with Harry, Ron and Hermione and we were meant to be making ‘The Draught of Peace’. Only it seemed as if only Hermy and I were doing it correctly, even among everyone there, the Slytherin would pass of course because they are apart of Snape’s house.

I looked over to Harry’s cauldron and say that it was emitting a lot of dark grey steam; Ron wasn’t doing much better, hi was spitting out green sparks. I felt sorry for the sometimes, they must not read the direction properly. I looked up and saw Snape standing over our cauldrons, not saying anything about mine or Hermy’s but when he looked into Harry’s cauldron, he was quick to criticize.

“Potter, what is this supposed to be?”

I saw all the slytherin look up eagerly at the thought of Snape taunting Harry.

“The Draught of Peace,” was Harry’s tense reply.

“Tell me, Potter,” said nape softly, “Can you read?”

That’s when Malfoy laughed a big obnoxious laugh, and when he finished we locked eyes, so I glared at him for laughing at my friend, he simply narrowed his eyes back at me.

“Yes, I can,” Harry said grabbing his wand and holding it very tight.

“Read the third line of the instructions for me, Potter.”

At that stage everyone looked to the blackboard to read the third line along with him, but it wasn’t easy giving that there was multi-coloured steam filling the room.

“‘Add powdered moonstone, stir three times counter-clockwise, allow to simmer for seven minutes then add two drops of syrup of hellebore’” Harry read aloud.

“Did you do everything on the third line, Potter?” asked Snape

“No,” replied Harry very quietly.

“I beg your pardon?”

“No,” he said, more loudly this time “I forgot the hellebore.”

“I know you did, Potter, which means that this mess is utterly worthless. Evanesco.”

And with that all of the contents in Harry’s cauldron was emptied, and Snape turned to the rest of the class.

“Those of you who have managed to read the instructions, fill one flagon with a sample of your potion, label it clearly with your name and bring it up to my desk for testing. Homework: twelve inches of parchment on the properties of moonstone and its use in potion-making, to be handed in on Thursday.” And with that he swept off to sit behind his desk.

As I walked up to give my potion over someone bumped into me, not to get past me or to knock me over but to get my attention. When I looked over I aw Malfoy walking beside me, I scoffed and threw him a dirty look before walking faster, not wanting to be near him.

I walked back to our desk and aw Harry looking rather pissed,

“Don’t worry about it Harry, you know he will do anything to make you look like crap,” I said, trying to comfort him.

“Yeah, well that’s his problem! I mean Neville’s work turned out worse than mine, and im the only one that can’t even try and hand in the work that I done!”

“I know Harry, but there’s not much you can do about it. He’s an old man with a lot of prejudices.” I said and walked off to go to my next class, Divination.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is, I just wish my stories would get more recognition and more readers and subscribers.

It makes me sad knowing that a lot of people wont read my story :(

Anyway, those of you who do read it, comment and or subscribe. Comment's would make me happy :)