‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Seventeen-Celebrations of a Different Sort

Three weeks after the shooting, Jack was released from the hospital. He had recovered well, and we all swarmed around him, hugging him as tightly as we could without hurting him when he got back to his apartment. Emily had planned a surprise welcome home party for him, and things got crazy as usual. Around one, Jack was falling asleep so Emily chased the rest of the guys out of the apartment, a very motherly look on her face as she did so. Once everyone left, Emily and I cleaned up so that Jack could go to sleep. It was nearly one thirty when we got into my car and I started towards her apartment.

When we got to her apartment building, I knew the party was far from over. She practically dragged me into the elevator (the doorman had gone to the bathroom or something), and threw me against the wall as the doors closed. She ravaged my lips with hers, a hungry look forming on her face. I managed to wriggle out of her grasp as a few people got into the elevator on the next floor. One woman began to eye me up, and Emily looked like she was about to go on the warpath when we finally reached her floor.

"Come on Emily, I'm not going to have any hangovers at my morning skate tomorrow," I said, hoping that I was using my captain voice and not my "I'm totally bullshitting you" voice to avoid questions from the people in the elevator. Emily glared at me but played along, beginning to stumble down the hallway and even dropping her keys as we reached the door. Once we got through the door though, she slammed me roughly against it and began to attack my lips once more. This time I didn't fight it, but ran my hands through her silky hair and suppressed a groan as she bit my bottom lip gently.

Clothes were shed, sweat mixed, and by the end of the night I was extremely satisfied but nearly out of condoms. I draped my arm around Emily, and she snuggled into my chest before we both fell asleep, neither of us bothering to get dressed again.

Emily's Point of View

The next morning I slipped out of bed well before my alarm was set to go off and trotted into the bathroom, chuckling quietly as Sid let out an ungodly snore.

"Mother fucker!" I gasped as I looked at my neck in the mirror. There was a huge hickey there, and I immediately got to work, pulling out my chapstick and grinding the cap into the bruise to spread it out. Then I spread some toothpaste on it to help soothe the swelling, and by the time I washed it off the bruise had lightened significantly. Sidney walked into the bathroom a few seconds later, still stark naked, and raised his eyebrows at me.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Someone had to give me a hickey last night," I retorted, and he shrugged before slipping into the shower. I followed him quickly, and we had a less intense repeat of the previous night, but without the sex because condoms were a bitch to put on in the shower.

Sidney's Point of View

Two hours later, Emily and I both showed up to practice right on time. Tanger gave me a strange look as I pulled off my shirt and I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

"Have a fun night?" he laughed. I gave him a strange look, but Asham quickly answered my unspoken question.

"Damn dude, whoever you were with last night tore up your back!" Asham cried, and I caught a glimpse of my back in the small mirror that was hanging on the wall between Johnson's stall and Flower's stall.

"Holy shit," I muttered as I took in the scratches along my back.

"Was she good?" TK chirped, and I swallowed roughly.

"I uh...I don't want to make her a locker room story guys," I replied quietly, and Emily smiled appreciatively before starting to get her gear on.

"Damn Emily, you had some fun too huh?" Nealer said, noticing her first because their lockers were next to each other.

"What?!" she squeaked.

"Your hips are all bruised up, and you've got a lovely bite mark on your shoulder," Nealer pointed out quietly.

"Mother fucker!" I heard her hiss as she slammed her shoulder pads on.

"How'd you two manage that one? I mean, we left Jack's around one!" Tanger asked. Emily and I both froze.

"I have my ways," Emily replied coolly.

"Uh oh, somebody has a booty call!" TK cried, and the situation diffused for a while.

After practice though, Nealer grabbed me and pulled me into the hallway.

"Dude, you're sleeping with Emily aren't you?" he asked, his eyes serious. I felt my eyes grow wide and I tried to think of a response.

"No," I said weakly, and James snorted.

"Come on. You both left Jack's together, and you showed up this morning in the same clothes you wore last night. You took her home but you never went home yourself. I'm not blind Sidney," James sighed.

"Alright fine, yeah, I'm with Emily...don't tell the guys though," I said angrily.

"I won't, but I don't want you getting in trouble either. Just play it cool Sid," James said before heading back into the locker room.

Emily was going to be pissed.