‹ Prequel: She Makes Me Wanna
Sequel: Bring Me To Life

We Found Love

Chapter Two-Game On

The game was explosive. The guys were doing their best to absolutely demolish the Rangers, and my only concern was that they would use all of their energy in this game and flounder in the next. I got to sit in the team box, but unlike the others in the box, I was wearing my jersey and some sweatpants, screaming my head off, and having a blast. It had been ages since I watched a hockey game just for sheer enjoyment, and it made me realize all that much more how much I loved the game. Unforunately, Marian Gaborik scored first, but Sidney was quick to follow suit. He snapped a beautiful wrister over Lundqvist’s shoulder, and the horn went off. I screamed with the rest of the crowd, drawing a few chuckles from the staff in the box, but I didn’t realize until someone brought it to my attention that Sidney had pointed to the team box after scoring. They replayed the salute on the jumbotron and my cheeks flushed. I swore I could read his lips saying “that’s for you Emily”, and I smiled. A goal for me from Sid the Kid was something special.

Sidney’s Point of View

I felt my cheeks flush a bit when the replay of my salute to the team box was played on the jumbotron. Jordan and Geno both “awww’d” me, and I punched their shoulders, but nobody else really realized anything different. By the time the first period had ended the game was 2-1 in favor of the Penguins, and we were on high spirits. We trooped into the locker room, and I flopped onto my seat with a grin on my face. Just then Emily came into the locker room and we all started yelling at her.

“Good first period boys, keep up the good work!” she beamed, and we all hooped and hollered some more.

“But uh…honestly…the power play was looking like ass. Creature, get your head in the game, and Gronk, you’re looking a little weak on the defensive end of things. Gotta cover Flower bro,” Emily continued, and I shook my head at the team nickname for me.

“Well it seems like Emily covered what I was already going to say,” Dan said, walking in. Emily laughed and shook her head before wheeling herself over to her stall. After Dan gave us his run down, he left to let us all start chatting before the next period began. I walked over to Emily with a grin on my face.

“Enjoying the game?” I asked, although I needed no answer. Her eyes were bright, and her cheeks were flushed with excitement. It would be an understatement to say that she looked like she was having fun.

“You have no idea. Thanks for that goal by the way…I saw the salute,” Emily said, and I blushed slightly.

“Hey, it’s what I do,” I shrugged before Jordan and Flower came over to harass Emily.

Emily’s Point of View

The Penguins beat the Rangers 4-1, which put me in a great mood. The guys were all ready to celebrate the win, but instead of heading to a club, they decided that Sidney would be hosting the night’s festivities. Sidney didn’t seem too fussed about it and I was extremely excited to get to hang out with everyone again. The second people arrived the house was full of noise. The Xbox was turned on, the beer was handed out, and the music was turned way up. I hung out in the living room playing games with the guys who couldn’t or didn’t want to drink or dance, and helped Marc-Andre and Jordan prank Aaron Asham a few times, whether it was setting his phone to Japanese (it took him 2 hours to set it right again), or putting maple syrup in his beer. Nobody treated me any differently than they had before my accident, and I even forgot that I was in the wheelchair. However, after a few hours many of the guys were hammered and I was getting restless. I decided to head out back for a breather, and I didn’t realize anyone had followed me until I felt someone leaning against the handles on the back of my chair.

“Hey,” I said, not even turning around. The scent of pine trees, pepper, honey, and a light, masculine sweat was enough to tell me that it was Sidney.

“Hey. Having fun?” he asked.

“Yeah, loads actually. I missed the guys,” I admitted.

“Yeah well we missed you too,” he sighed heavily.

“I’m really sorry I’ve been so horrible these past few months. I don’t want to play this card, but you guys have no idea what it’s been like. I was terrified to be around anything that reminded me of hockey because of how badly it hurt to want to play again and know that I can’t yet,” I sighed. Sidney pulled a patio chair over and sat down next to me, holding a beer between his knees and staring out at the trees that grew beyond the fence of the backyard.

“I know…we all know. It’s not fair that you got hurt like this, and I don’t think there is a single guy on the team who wouldn’t have taken that hit for you, but we really missed you too. We tried to be there for you but you shut us out…you shut me out,” Sidney said, and for the first time I heard the hurt in his voice. I looked at him and saw that his face was contorted into a frown of confusion and sadness.

“Sid…” I said, reaching out and placing a hand on his forearm. He looked at me and something in his hazel eyes caused me to swallow roughly.

“Emily…you know, we’ve had a really fucked up relationship. We went from teammates to friends to hooking up to friends to not even talking…I don’t know where we’re ever going to end up, but losing you like that was awful. If nothing more, you’re one of my best friends,” Sidney said, and I bit my lip.

“Sidney I know that we’re a bit on the dumb side with our friendship or whatever we can call it, but I’m young, inexperienced, and I’ve got a shit ton of baggage. I don’t know what I’m doing half the time,” I said quietly.

“I’ve noticed,” Sidney teased, punching me lightly on the arm.

“Yeah yeah, like you’re much better…you’re still Sid the Kid in my books,” I retorted, and Sidney scowled.

“I’m not a kid anymore!” he said, pouting.

“Because pouting makes you more mature,” I teased. I loved to mess with people, and Sidney was by far the best candidate.

“I’ll show you maturity,” he growled before standing up.

“Oh dear God, what are you going to do? Don’t hurt the cripple!” I said, holding up my hands in mock surrender.

“I would never hurt you,” Sidney smirked before crouching down. He grabbed my hands firmly in his, leaned in, and kissed me roughly. My eyes widened in surprise before slipping shut, and our fingers twined together as his lips molded against mine. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip and I suppressed a shudder before opening to him. Our tongues collided in a tangle of confusion and attraction, and when he finally broke away I was breathless, confused, and thrilled all at once.

“Why do we always seem to do the same thing over and over again?” I chuckled, and Sidney shrugged, his face a little bit pink.

“I don’t know, but we should probably try and figure this mess out,” he said with a half embarrassed, half “fuck yeah that just happened” smirk on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Penguins begin their playoff run, and Sidney and Emily are beginning to admit that they really need to sort out their personal lives.

I'd like to personally thank all of you guys that are subscribed to and reading this story. I really love how much you guys enjoy it, and it makes it worth the time it takes to write :D I'd especially like to thank my commentators, because you guys are so consistent and give me great feedback. I encourage all of you to comment. Thanks guys!