Status: Active.

Making Her Mine

001

“Andrew, the bus is here!”

“Coming, mom!”

I quickly finished throwing my two pair of boots into my already clothe filled suitcase. Grabbing my iPhone from my pocket, I gave a quick look at the screen just to know how punctual the others were being.

Not bad, just one minute late. Perfectly on time if you compare it to our previous 2 hours delayed trip.

Putting my phone back into my small jean pocket, I cautiously scanned the room to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything. The silver spare key on my desk caught my eye instantly, and I crossed the room to grab it, just in case. Walking back to my previous spot, I stepped on something scattered on the black moqueted floor, next to my comic books.

Fuck.

I picked up the gravely cracked CD case.

My Nightmare CD.

I was intending on taking it with me, but was unable to find it in my messy room.
Luckily, the CD inside was intact and so was the back side of the case. I’d just get a new case for it later.

After carefully placing the damaged CD case in the small front pocket of my black suitcase, I gave one last look around my room.
Having, apparently, grabbed everything I needed, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and made my way out of the room, closing the door behind me.

Both of my parents were, patiently, waiting for me near the front door. I proceeded to give my mom one hell of a hug and then side hug my dad. I smiled at the two of them as they stood before me. I honestly couldn’t have asked for better fucking parents than these. They were always supportive of everything I did: dying my hair, getting my tattoos and piercing, starting my band, moving in with my…ex girlfriend. And then they warmly welcomed me back with opened arms when things didn’t work out well between the two of us.

“Well I’ll see you guys in a few weeks then…”

The awkwardness filling the room was the typical awkwardness that appeared in that situation, where the kid is begging to be let go of and the parents delay everything as much as possible so they won’t have to say goodbye. Or something like that.
I wasn’t a fan of the corny drama-family movies but the two or three that I had seen with…that I had seen, had that stuff. Watching those scenes made me feel awkward.

“Take care, son” my dad approached me, giving me a hard pat on my back.

That’s surely gonna leave a bruise.

“Andy, come here and give your mother another hug.”

“Mom….” I typically whined just like in the movies.

“And remember to call us every time you get a chance” she added as she squeezed me.

“I will, I love you” I pulled away, placing a kiss on her cheek and saying my goodbyes to dad as well.

I lifted my suitcase and exited the house. As I made my way down the front steps I saw the bus parked across the street. Knowing the neighborhood, I didn’t even bother looking both ways before crossing the street, since I knew everyone tended to oversleep on Sunday mornings.

When I entered the bus I was greeted by a chorus of “Hey Andy”.

“Hey guys”

I walked down the narrow hallway all the way to the back, to the bunk area, to dump my stuff there for now.

“Hey, Andy! Come check this out!”

“Coming!”

I quickly took off my boots, since it was way more comfortable for me walking around the bus barefoot, and walked back to the living area, or as we call it “the chilling zone”, to see what CC was talking about.

“Here, seat” Ashley, who was seating to CC’s right, patted the empty spot beside him on the couch.

“Hey, Ash. Man, I’ve missed you guys” I side hugged Ashley as I took a seat beside him.

“We missed you too!” he grinned. “Now take a look at this” he added, that huge smile turning into a frown.

CC turned his laptop my way so I was able of getting a better view of what they were so worked up over.

“What’s….”

Just as the curiosity was killing me, the one person that I had swore I’d get over, appeared on the 17” screen.

-“So, we hear you got yourself a new man. Mind telling us about that?” the interviewer asked.

-“Yeah. Well, he’s in a band…” she giggled, that stupid and disgusting giggle of hers.

-“Oh, well. That’s not a surprise at all. Mind telling us more?”

“Dude, please take that off. I don’t wanna know anything about her” Ashley’s arm was placed around my shoulders in a comforting manner.

“What a whore!” he commented with a smirk on his face, obviously trying to help me feel better.

“Yeah, takes one to know one!” Jake added from beside CC.

That was all it took, and maybe the early hour of the morning as well, for everyone to burst out laughing like maniacs.

“Damn right it does” Ashley finished, not laughing at all, but still with that smirk of his.

After fooling around some more on our way to pick up Jinxx, we seemed to run out things to talk about. Which is really rare, since it had never happened before. Of course, before we never had to worry about not mentioning anything related to her or girlfriends in general.

“Anyone’s heard anything from this band we’re gonna be touring with?”

Luckily Ashley was able to create a new topic.

“I think, I did. Though, not consciously. There was a song of theirs playing in the Starbucks I stopped at yesterday afternoon, but I had no idea it was theirs ‘till someone at the table next to mines mentioned it.” CC said, clicking on random Youtube videos