Status: In Progress

You're Pretty From Afar

fourteen

Day two of Warped Tour and the air con had already broken on the sweaty bus so we were all moaning that we couldn’t handle it anymore. It was far too hot to sit in my bunk so I was spread out across the sofa whilst Max was asleep half naked opposite me with Mia, Chris and Dan were doing press and Josh and Matt were playing Fifa. Everyone was so sweaty and with Mia and I sharing the bus with a bunch of smelly boys it wasn’t the best thing in the world.

I heard Matt scream “Goaaaaaaaaaal!” from the back of the bus which caused Josh to flounce out and crash next to me.

“Having fun are we?” I smirked knowing that he wasn’t happy.

Josh looked at me sternly, “They all cheated and are just jealous at my mad Fifa skills!”

“Oh okay then,” I grinned.

“It’s not funny,” Josh flounced once again, “I was on a roll, then Matt distracted me on purpose!”

“I know it’s not, a virtual, non-rewarding game is totally serious,” I mocked.

Josh rolled his eyes as he put his feet up, “You wouldn’t know, you’re a girl.”

My mouth gaped open, “That’s so not fair, girls can play Fifa just as well as boys can,” I protested.

Josh raised an eyebrow, “Prove it.”

“Fine then, I will,” I stuck my tongue out at him immaturely.

We both got up and headed for the back room with the rest of the guys, “Oi Max, come and watch me kick Lily’s arse at Fifa!”

“You wish Franceschi,” I smiled.

Josh and I sat down with a controller each whilst everyone, including Dan and John, the techs and Rob, the tour manager gathered around behind us to watch.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Josh looked at me.

“Awh, are you scared you’re going to get beaten by a girl Joshua?” I patronised only receiving a laugh.

“Come on Josh!” Max encouraged.

“Yeah boy, this will be a piece of piss!” Matt added.

I turned around to face them all, “I’m sorry, is no one cheering for me? Whatever, I don’t need you guys, you all suck!” I pouted.

“Sorry Lils but you know, bros before hoes,” Max laughed.

“Please, please beat him Lils or we’ll never hear the end of this,” Mia pleaded.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got this!” I turned back as the game started.

***

I jumped up in celebration, “Oh my God, I won! I actually won!” I squealed while dancing on the chair. Josh sat there staring at the screen in astonishment and then held his head between his legs in shame.

“Mate, she completely thrashed you!” Dan said.

I lifted my vest over my head, revealing my bikini top and ran around the bus waving my vest about in excitement, I could feel eyes watching me like I was some sort of crazy lady. I returned to the back room and turned to Josh who was focusing on me strangely, then I realised that I was still half naked and timidly put my vest back on.

“What do you have to say now Franceschi? I think an apology is in order,” I laughed the awkwardness off.

Josh swallowed before answering, “Well you’re going to have to catch me first!” He got up and ran past me but I swiftly caught up with him and pushed him onto the sofa but fell with him unintentionally. We both began laughing hysterically in the position we were in, we were so unaware to how it looked. Josh’s eyes had that blue sparkle back and his smile was in no way forced, he looked happy again which made me happy. Our laughter slowly died down as we looked into one another’s eyes and for a single moment it was like nothing had ever gone wrong between us, all the sadness and hatred had disappeared, we were just two people who were in love. However, Josh looked behind me as I lay on top of him and I rapidly rolled off him and looked up at Mia, Max, Dan and Chris who were standing in the doorway, looking at us. I looked at Mia who was looking directly at me, her eyes trying to suggest something; Max was looking at the both of us smirking cheekily whilst Dan and Chris were sceptical of the moment that had just passed.

I tried to brush off the awkwardness and offered people drinks and went to grab some ice lollies from the freezer to escape the heat I was under.

“Don’t look at me like that,” I said without even having to know Mia had followed me.

Mia sighed, “What are you doing Lils?”

“Nothing.”

“It didn’t look like nothing. Josh has a girlfriend now, this whole flirting thing isn’t good for either of you. You both need to stop acting so giddy around each other because one of you, and I’m sorry to say this but it will probably be you, is going to get severely hurt, as always,” Mia advised seriously.

“I don’t mean to be rude Mia but there is nothing between Josh and I anymore. As much as I wanted there to be, it’s obvious he doesn’t so we are just friends, just friends- and I’m fine with that, honest,” I was in no way fine with that but it was what it was, I couldn’t change that, I could only move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't proof read it so sorry for any mistakes!
Hope you enjoy it and see more drama happening soon, an unwanted face is joining them on Warped soon so let the drama unfold...