Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 18

"Guys, I think that I am gonna go and see if I can find Adam." I announced, getting up from my chair in the waiting room.

"Want us to come with you?" Zdeno Chara asked as all of Adam's eyes trained on me.

"No, that's alright, I can go alone. Besides, I don't think that Adam wants all of you to crowd him right now." I explained. The guys all nodded and then I left the waiting room.

After walking around the hospital for about five minutes, I finally found Adam sitting on one of the hospital beds in the hallway, a glass of water in his hand.

"Adam, are you okay?" I asked, running up to him. I noticed his face was really pale as he tod me,

"I'm fine, I just fainted." I sat down on the bed next to him and I started to rub his back.

"Are you sure that you are alright? Because I don't think that Avery will mind if you leave for the night and come back tomorrow." I reasoned with him. He remorsefully shook his head and said,

"It wouldn't matter at all when I come back. Avery's in a coma." All the blood in my body turned cold.

"Is there a possibility that she will wake up?" I asked as calmly as I could. Adam shook his head and muttered,

"They think so." I continued rubbing his back as I said,

"Well, that's good then. At least she has a chance of waking up."

"Yeah, but what if she doesn't?" Adam spat. "Then what?" For once I was speechless.

Later that night...

"Leah, I'm scared." Adam admitted as together we sat on the love seat in his family room, the TV turned down low in front of us.

"Scared of what Adam?" I whispered, even though I knew the answer...or so I thought I had.

"Everything. I'm scared of everything. I'm scared that Avery won't wake up. Scared of screwing up my career. Scared of how with one wrong play or hit my career or life could end. Scared of fucking up as a father. Scared of not holding a good relationship with the kid. And scared of messing up with you again." He stated. I felt so bad for him right now, but some of the things that he said had made me feel all happy inside.

"Adam, listen to me and listen good. You're gonna be a great dad and our son or daughter is going to love you." I told him sternly. He looked me dead in the eye and asked bluntly,

"How do you know?"

"Because, I've seen you with other kids and you're amazing with them. So, naturally you're going to be amazing with your own."

"You think that I'm good with kids?" Adam asked, his face moving a fraction closer to my own.

"I do." I muttered. "It's one of the many things that I love about you."

"You love me?" His face moved even closer.

"Yes."

The gap between us was closed.

/::/

"So, does this mean that you'll take me back?" Adam asked later that night as we lay in his bed, a thin white sheet covering us.

"I was always gonna take you back. I only waited this long because I wanted you to realize how much you had hurt me." I informed him, leaning my head on his bare, sweaty chest.

"Trust me, I realize how bad I screwed up and I promise that it won't happen again. I love you sooo much Leah." He whispered softly, stroking my hair with one hand while his other traced over the small baby bump that was forming on my body.

"I'm glad." I muttered as I leaned my head up to kiss him, glad that everything in my life was starting to go right again.
♠ ♠ ♠
well???? comments good or bad always appreciated!!! thanks!!! and how about them Bruins? what a great goal by Segs last night!!! woo...it was the best!!! anyway, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please...THANKS!!!