Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up, it was still dark, but then again, this house always seemed to be pretty dark. I heard Jimmy’s steady breathing, and smiled at my sleeping friend. I slid from beside him to the floor and quietly opened the door. I slipped out into the hallway and closed the door as quietly as I could. I sighed quietly and smiled. It had been a good night. Not a single nightmare or bad dream.

I turned around and looked both ways down the empty hallway. I hoped Brian would miraculously pop up like he always did when I needed him, but it stayed silent. I walked over and went back into my bedroom, turning the lights up enough that I could see the room was empty before stepping foot inside.

I walked over to the small wardrobe next to the fireplace, which was still ablaze. I opened one of the doors, and saw half a dozen dresses that looked like they would fit me. I grabbed a random dress and slipped it on over my gauze, untying the poor substitute of a skirt. I looked into the mirror that hung on the inside of the wardrobe door and inspected myself. It was a plain black dress that went almost to knees and had lace sleeves and a plunging back that was also lacy. I smiled at my reflection.

After brushing out my dark hair, I stepped back into the hallway. As I closed the door, I ran right into Matt. I jumped out of my skin, and I heard him chuckle.

“Morning, Tera,” he smiled. I turned to look at him and had to work very hard to control my expression. He wasn’t wearing anything but a pair of thin boxers.

“Uhm, good morning Matt,” I said a little awkwardly. “Aren’t you cold?” He outright laughed at me.

“I’m a vampire, Tera,” he said, still smiling at my lack of knowledge. “I don’t get cold.”

“Oh,” I replied, embarrassed. “Okay.” His smile faded as he looked me over from head to toe. I coughed a little, but he still stared. “Uhm, Matt?” I asked, feeling incredibly awkward.

“Hmmm?” He asked distractedly, finally looking up at my face.

“Matt, what are you doing?” I asked timidly.

“What’s it look like I’m doing?” he asked, smiling a little and taking a step towards me.

“Matt, that’s not funny,” I said, feeling irritated. Paranoid, I pulled my dress down a little farther.

“I’m sorry, Tera,” he said, walking towards me until I backed into the wall. “I just,” he struggled for words, then pounded his palms into the wall on either side of my head. “I got a taste, and now I can’t stop craving it,” he said, sounding strained. He began to breathe down my neck. “It’s just so hard to resist,” he said, his lips practically touching my neck.

“Matt, please!” I said, pushing my hands against his chest. He didn’t budge, but his expression was surprised. “Matt, don’t be like this. What happened to you?”

“I developed an addiction,” he said, his arms shaking. Despite my pleas, he lowered his mouth to my neck.

“DON’T EVEN FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT!” yelled a voice I didn’t recognize as readily.

The next thing I knew, he was gone. I blinked as I heard a crash. Jimmy’s door slammed open.

“STOP,” Jimmy yelled, and all movement in the hallway ceased. He ran over to me, half cradling me protectively. “Are you okay, sis?” he asked, worry flooding his face. I nodded. I looked up and saw Brian standing in the doorway to Jimmy’s bedroom, staring at the two men on the floor.

I gasped when I looked over. Zacky had tackled Matt, and was half choking him to keep him subdued. His green eyes met mine, flickering between a million different emotions.

“Zacky?” I asked in amazement. Brian’s face matched my tone perfectly. Jimmy was the only calm one present. Zacky looked away from me.

“I’m sorry, Matt,” he mumbled, getting off of him. They both stood, and Matt glared at Zacky’s back as Zacky looked back at me. “Tera,” he said softly, almost sweetly. “I’m sorry. I saw Matt and I just couldn’t stop myself. I was afraid he was going to hurt you.”

“Since when do you care about me getting hurt?” I asked him, astonished that he suddenly seemed to care.

“Since when do I care?” he asked, his green eyes filling with anger. “Since when? Since I fucking saved you that day in the alley. Since I’ve been trying to tame that son of a bitch so he won’t attack you again,” he said, fuming. “Since when?” he asked again, voice climbing with every word. “Since the first moment I saw you, Tera.”

Brian’s eyes widened.

“I fucking love you.”

I gasped, seeing no trace of deception in his passionate green eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tera's outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=44229114