Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Twenty-Four

Everything went by in a haze. I wasn’t really allowed to pack anything, but the guys were flying everywhere at the speed of light. I kept to my room, hoping not to get in the way. I changed into more appropriate travelling gear – jeans, a black tank top, and some combat boots. I tied my hair up in a tight ponytail and tucked the loose strands behind my ear, swiping my eyes with a little eyeliner.

I sat on my bed, looking at my feet. They couldn’t quite reach the ground from where I was sitting. The door was open, and I listened to the guys rush by, yelling about this or that to the others. I didn’t really listen to what they were saying; I just enjoyed the familiar tones of their voices.

There was a soft knock on the door, and I looked up. Jimmy walked over and sat on the bed next to me. His legs were so much longer than mine.

“How you feeling?” he asked softly, looking out my open door. I smiled. He seemed to know how awkward and intrusive I was feeling.

“Like a nuisance, as always.”

“You’re never a nuisance, sis. We only do this because we care,” he said quietly yet clearly, his crystal eyes glancing at me for a moment. I sighed, looking over at him. He was wearing jeans, and an unzipped black hoodie with nothing underneath. It fit him well.

“You guys don’t have to do this for me,” I whispered seriously. His eyes met mine.

“Yes we do. You’re family. We’d do the same for any of us.”

“But Jims,” I began to protest before he gave me a look that ended the subject.

“Now, you remember how I promised to do everything in my power to keep you safe?” He asked me seriously. I nodded, not taking my eyes off of his face. “Well, promise me something in return. Promise me that you’ll never take this off.” He reached into his pocked and pulled out a small silver chain with a simple, elegant “S” charm on it. “It will keep you safe. It’s my family’s mark.” He slipped it around my neck and fastened it. I smiled up at him, tracing the curves of the “S” lightly.

“It’s beautiful, Jim.” His eyes lit up.

“I’m glad you like it, sis,” he said, smiling. He leaned over and kissed my forehead, squeezing my shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled back. He stood up and left the room, probably to check on the chaos of the house. I flipped around and laid on the bed, my feet across the mountain of pillows, and closed my eyes. I was afraid of what was to come. I heard someone clear their throat, and I opened my eyes. Johnny was leaning over me, looking down with a ridiculous expression on his face. I jumped, and he smiled. I sat up and turned around.

“You are a real jerk, Johnny! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!” I half yelled, throwing a pillow at him. He caught it with ease and tossed it back in my face. I pursed my lips at him. He made a puppy-dog face that melted my heart. “Oh, Johnny,” I whined, throwing my arms around him and squeezing. He inhaled sharply, and I let go. “I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“It’s okay,” he said, sitting next to me. “You just took me off guard. Anyways,” he began, looking down. “I wanted to tell you something.” He paused. I looked at him expectantly, and he began to talk again. “I feel like, I mean… After that whole thing that happened at first… I was a really terrible… What I mean is…” His light brown eyes looked up at mine, full of regret and sorrow. I smiled sweetly, and his eyes glowed with more confidence. “What I’m trying to say is, I’m giving you my life.” I looked at him with the weirdest expression. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. He laughed. “What I mean is, I’m going to protect you with my life, and I’m more than willing to make any sacrifices necessary to keep you safe.” My eyes widened in horror, and he bit his lip. “Not that anything bad is going to happen to us or anything, I just wanted to say that, because I guess I’m kind of fond of you or something?” he ended awkwardly. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“Thanks, Johnny. It really means a lot,” I said, reaching over and squeezing his hand. He smiled at me, then looked out my door. I heard his name echo quietly in, and he nodded goodbye, running off to whomever was calling him. I looked down again, then decided there was something I needed to do before this whole ordeal started.

I jumped off of my bed, and stepped out into the hall, leaving my door open. I walked through the twisting hallways until I came to a small door. It was carved in elegant, simple patterns, complimenting the dark color of the wood. I took a deep breath and knocked twice. There was no answer, so I turned the doorknob. The sun was setting through the windows on the opposite side of the room, filling the room with a glowing light. I sat on the softest bed I’d ever felt before, smiling.

The door swung open and closed in a swift motion that I would’ve missed if I hadn’t been waiting for it. There were a few fast movements, then sparkling green eyes staring into mine.

“What’re you doing in here, my love?” Zacky’s sweet voice whispered. I smiled, reaching out for him. He took me in his arms, and I softly pressed my lips to his. After a moment of hesitation, his lips were moving with mine. His lip rings gave me goosebumps. He held me against his body, almost too tightly. His hands were wrapped around my waist, and mine around his neck. He laid me onto the bed, crawling on top of me, our lips never parting. He slid his tongue into my mouth. It slowly, sweetly twisted with mine. As his hands started to slide up underneath my shirt, I pulled away from our kiss. My chest was heaving, and I cupped his hands around his face. “Is something wrong, Tera?” I shook my head, moving one hand to lightly trace his perfect lips with my fingertip.

“No, but I don’t think now is the best time for this,” I smiled. He chuckled, kissing me once more before sitting up and pulling me onto his lap. “I just want to be in your arms again before I leave.” He squeezed me tightly. I smiled, nuzzling my face into his neck. We sat like that for what felt like forever, yet not long enough. “I guess, what I was trying to say was that,” I paused for a moment, pulling away from him and sitting on the bed. “Well, I don’t really know what’s going to happen after we leave here, but I just feel so close to you. I… Uhm… I really care for you, Zack…” I whispered softly.

His eyes lit up. He got up, and knelt in front of me. His green eyes stared deeply into mine.

“Tera, I know whatever we have is complicated, and I don’t know exactly what’s going to happen after we leave, but I want you. After this whole mess is through, will you be mine?”

In his hand he held a beautiful ring. It had a huge black gem in the middle, surrounded by a ring of diamonds. My eyes went wide and I forgot how to breathe. It was absolutely beautiful. He gently took my left hand and slipped it on my ring finger before looking up and planting a soft kiss to my lips.

I was speechless.

I was breathless.

“Guys!” A voice rang through the halls of the mansion. Zack and I looked toward the door. He held out his hand. I took a deep breath, and took it, walking out into the hall. He slung me onto his back and ran to meet up with the guys by a black door I’d never seen before. Matt stood with his sleeveless shirt, backwards hat and aviators. Johnny stood in a black t-shirt, smiling my way. Jimmy stood in his hoodie, talking to Brian, who wore a tight gray t-shirt. We joined the circle, and I examined every face. Matt was emotionless, hiding behind his sunglasses, but the rest of them looked at me with love and dedication I didn’t deserve.

Chocolate, green, blue, and light brown, all staring at me optimistically, yet ready to die.

I reached over and took Brian’s hand, then nodded at Jimmy. The six of us walked in unison towards the door, ready to face whatever hardships stood in our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tera's outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/chapter_twenty-four_tera/set?id=45708067