Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

And Myself For Making Demands

Izzye’s POV

When I woke up every bone and muscle in my body ached. It felt like I’d been partying all night long, ran into a bus, rolled down a cliff and then made a snowman. And as I couldn’t remember what had happened last night, I was a bit afraid that that’s what really had happened.
And then I realized that I wasn’t in my bed. Talk about awkward. I was just about to have a panic attack when I heard a familiar voice.
“How are you feeling?” It was Patrick. I would’ve hugged him, except that I was in extreme pain and could barely move.
“Like I was at the most amazing party ever last night!” I said. Patrick smiled and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside me. I sat up and he put his hand on my forehead.
“You’re hot, are you feeling sick?” He asked. I nodded.
“A little bit hung over feeling, seriously, was I drinking last night?” I asked. Patrick laughed and shook his head.
“No, just, no.” He said.
“Then what happened?” I asked, looking around the room. Devin was sitting in a chair, sound asleep.
“You started shaking and passed out.” Patrick said.
“Why?” I asked. Patrick looked confused.
“How should I know, you’re the one who was doing it!” He said. Well I guess that made sense.
“Awkward, am I dying?” I asked. Patrick looked confused.
“Why in the world would you ask me that?” He asked.
“Because it usually isn’t a good thing when a person starts shaking and passes out!” I said slowly, as if he were three.
“No, you’ll be fine.” He said. He didn’t look sure though and that scared me. Maybe I really was dying, well, at least I’d get to see Skylar.
“I want a pickle.” I said suddenly. Patrick looked at me funny and then looked at Devin. When he realized that Devin was still sleeping he looked back at me.
“What?” He asked, clearly confused.
“I want a pickle!” I repeated.
“What the hell do you want a pickle for?” Patrick asked. I shrugged, now I really didn’t want a pickle.
“I’m calling Pete, there’s something wrong with you.” Patrick said, standing up. I glared at him.
“That’s rude.” I said, struggling to stand up. Patrick looked ready to catch me if I fell.
“Devin, wake up!” Patrick said. Devin didn’t move and I giggled.
“He looks funny when he sleeps.” I said, still giggling. Patrick was looking at me like I was high or something.
“Devin, wake up!” Patrick said, louder this time. Devin actually woke up and jumped to his feet.
“What is it? Izzye, you’re awake!” He said, sounding deliriously happy. This made me giggle again.
“Of course I’m awake silly!” I said. Devin looked confused.
“Call Pete and tell him to come here, there’s something wrong with her.” Patrick said. Devin nodded and pulled out his cell phone and immediately started dialing. I glared at him.
“That’s rude, there’s nothing wrong with me!” I said.
“Hey Pete? It’s Devin. Get over to Patrick’s hotel room as fast as you can, there’ something wrong with Izzye.” Devin was saying. I glared at him again.
“There’s nothing wrong with me!” I snapped. I started to, very wobbly, walk towards Devin, but Patrick put his arm out, blocking my way.
“Izzye maybe you should sit down.” He said. I shook my head.
“No I’m fine!” I said angrily. They were really starting to make me mad.
“I don’t know what’s wrong with her, she’s acting really funny!” Devin said.
“Izzye seriously, sit down!” Patrick said. I glared at him and shook my head again. Sighing loudly Patrick put his arms around me and pulled me over to the bed. Then he lied down, forcing me to lie on top of him. Then he refused to let me go.
“Hey, let go!” I cried, trying to kick him. Ignoring me, Patrick wrapped his legs around mine. I was trapped, I couldn’t move at all.
“That would be Patrick restraining Izzye.” Devin said. Pete must have asked what was going on.
“Okay, bye.” Devin said, hanging up.
“He’s going to be here in about ten seconds.” He said. Patrick nodded.
“Good.” He said.
“Let go!” I said loudly, still trying to get away. Honestly, there was something wrong with them, not me! I was fine!
“No, just relax!” Patrick said. If I could’ve I would’ve glared at him, but I couldn’t, so I ended up glaring at the wall.
A few minutes later there was a loud knock on the door. Devin immediately answered it and in walked Pete and Joe. They stared at me for a few seconds and then looked at Devin for an explanation.
As he explained to them what had happened, I concentrated on getting free. I shouldn’t have bothered, it was useless, I really am the weakest person in the world.
“Relax Izzye!” Patrick whispered. Easy for him to say, he wasn’t being forced to lie on top of someone!
“No, just let me go!” I cried. Patrick ignored me and instead tightened his arms around me.
“What do we do?” Devin was asking Pete. Pete stared at me for a few seconds before he answered.
“Wait until she falls asleep.”

*******

Pete’s POV

Who knew it would take so long for her to fall asleep? Like, shit man, we ended up waiting for another three hours for Izzye to finally fall asleep! By that time Devin and Joe were already asleep and Patrick was close to it. About thirty seconds after Izzye fell asleep, Patrick fell asleep. That kind of defeated the whole purpose, but I couldn’t wake Patrick up without waking Izzye up, and I defiantly didn’t want her awake again. She was being a nutcase!
Instead, I called up Brendon, Spencer, Ryan and Rae. I’d figure that since we’re all vampires, we’d be able to be quiet. The whole, we’re more amazing than humans really pays off.
I didn’t tell any of them what it was about, so twenty minutes later, when they finally showed up, they were all really confused.
“What is it, what’s going on?” Ryan asked, sounding a little jealous when he saw Patrick and Izzye on the bed. Both of them were sleeping peacefully.
“Before you kill Patrick listen up.” I said. Then I told them what happened. For the longest time no one spoke.
“Maybe Skylar was turned.” Rae said finally. I shook my head.
“That’s impossible, Skylar is dead, he’s dead for sure, we all saw his body at the funeral.” I said.
“That doesn’t make any sense though!” Spencer said, looking over at Izzye.
“Yeah we kind of figured that out, thanks genius!” Ryan snapped. Brendon stared at him warningly.
“Relax Ryan, she’s fine now.” He said. Ryan looked at Spencer apologetically and then sighed.
“I know, I’m sorry.” He said.
“Don’t worry, we’re all worried about her. And being kept locked up in a house isn’t helping her any.” I said. We were all silent for a few minutes.
“I got it!” Spencer said suddenly. We all jumped and turned to stare at him.
“I know a way she, and Patrick, can get out more and we can still keep an eye on them! But we’re going to need your help!” He said, turning to stare at Rae.