Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

Volume Goes With The Truth

“What are you doing?” Patrick had just walked into our motor home and found me sitting on the floor, surrounded by photo albums.
“Looking at pictures.” I said without looking up. Patrick sighed and sat down in the chair nearest to me.
“Of?” He asked.
“Us from before.” I muttered, flipping the page.
“Who before what?” He asked. I sighed and glared at him.
“Skylar, Jimmy, Devin and I, from before.” I replied. He didn’t ask from before what again, thankfully. Instead he peered down at the photos.
“How old are you guys in these photos?” He asked after several minutes.
“Skylar and I are fourteen and Jimmy and Devin are sixteen. It’s right after I graduated.” I said. Patrick looked amazed.
“You graduated when you were fourteen?” He asked. I nodded.
“Yeah I was a freak and really wanted to get out of school.” I said. Patrick shook his head in amazement.
“What about Skylar?” He asked hesitantly. Everyone hesitated whenever they spoke about Skylar, it was driving me nuts.
“He dropped out when he was sixteen.” I said, flipping the page again. This time it was a whole bunch of pictures of the four of us in our fort, on our very first F.I.H Day.
“You guys really did do everything together, didn’t you?” Patrick asked. I nodded.
“We were never apart.” I said. It’s true, Skylar and I did absolutely everything together.
“Do you miss him?” Patrick asked, his voice dropping down to a whisper. I nodded.
“Every minute of every day. But I’d rather not talk about it.” I said. I was afraid I would start crying if I did.
“Okay. I actually came over here to ask if you wanted to come with us, we’re all going to the bar.” He said. I turned to stare at him, forcing a smile.
“So you’re actually encouraging a minor to go out drinking?” I asked. Patrick grinned.
“I thought you were twenty!” He said. I threw a shoe at him. Yes, I really did just say that.
“They decided on seventeen, remember!” I said. Patrick threw the shoe back at me.
“Want to pretend to be twenty for one more night?” He asked. I smiled but shook my head.
“No, I’m tired; I think I’ll go to bed, thanks anyway.” I said. He looked disappointed.
“Are you sure? We’d all love it if you came.” He said. Yeah right, Jimmy and Devin couldn’t stand being around me!
“I’m sure, I’m really tired.” I said. I wasn’t but I really didn’t want to go out.
“Okay, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Patrick said, getting to his feet. I nodded.
“Hey Izzye?” Patrick said, pausing at the door.
“Yes?” I said.
“You know that if you ever want to talk I’m always here for you, right?” He asked. I smiled.
“I know, and thanks.” I said. Patrick nodded and left. It is nice to know that someone cares.

*******

“Hey, Izzye, Izzye!” Someone was banging on the motor home door. I had actually managed to fall asleep, out of boredom.
“What do you want?” I asked angrily, swinging the door open. Standing there was Zach, a sound guy.
“You got a letter!” He said. Immediately I snatched it out of his hand.
“Thanks!” I said, closing the door. I don’t care if it’s rude, he’ll get over it! The letter was from Ryan again.


Hey Izzye!
It’s me again, did you miss me? I’m sure missing you, seriously, I’m going to kill the guys, they’re driving me nuts. Don’t be surprised if I go crazy and kill them all! Except Jon, Jon can live, only because I’m not in the mood to drink his blood. Wow, that was kind of a freaky thing to say, now that I’m reading over this. Good thing I’ve got this set up so it goes straight to you, no chance of anyone else reading it!
I didn’t let any of the guys know I’m writing this, so I should be safe. They’re all currently outside right now, and hopefully they stay out there! I had to lie and say I was going to sleep to get away to write this.

And it totally did NOT work! Stupid Ryan forgets that I can see the future! I’ve known that he was going to write to you longer than he knew! Okay that’s a lie, but just ignore that little detail. So how’s it going Izzye? Great I’m guessing, and hoping. And if not, I may have to hit you. And you do not want that, no you do not.
I think he means hit ON you, he’s been a bit creepy lately. I swear, he’s fallen in love with me or something; I can’t go five feet away without him crying like a baby!
Aren’t you glad you’re not here right now Izzye? Honestly, I’m going to kill someone soon, I don’t care if they have blood or not! They are going to die! I should go hunting, before I really do kill Jon, honestly, I never realized that he smelt this good!
That’s it Izzye, I’m coming home! I can’t take living with these freaky vampires anymore! Get a bed ready for me, I’m moving in with you!
NO! Jon you are not allowed to leave me!
I told you he’s in love with me, God he’s so creepy!
Seriously, can you guys stop it? I’m trying to write a letter to Izzye, without you guys stealing it from me! How much is that to ask?!
Way too much, we like having contact with the outside world; we enjoy it quite a lot actually.
Never mind Izzye, I’m not coming back home, Brendon just threatened to eat me if I do.
And I will, I’m hungry…
Then go hunting, just leave me alone!
Fine, we’re leaving, God Izzye, how can you date him? He’s so angry!
Okay, they’re gone, finally! Now I can-urg, never mind! Brendon just broke a window! Sorry Izzye, I got to go, love you!

Ryan


So somehow Ryan had a way of getting his letters to me without making them go through the postal service. That explained why there were no stamps, or return addresses.
If I got another letter, I was starting to wonder if I should even open it or not. All they did was make me feel really depressed.