Status: Activee!

Brash and Reckless

Chapter 4

"What are you gonna do?" He inquired, yawning.

"Ross..." I sighed, "What can I do?"

"Throw a major bitch fit." He laughed, "I'm just really bummed out about not having my wing man with me."

"How do you think I feel?" I muttered, running a hand through my hair, "I'm stuck in shitty Arizona while you're in California, living it up."

"Does your mommy know you talk so vulgar?" He teased, "It won't be that bad... I mean, we're gonna have enough time to fuck up our Senior year."

"Ross!" I exclaimed, huffing, "It's not the same! I just... dammit."

"Look on the bright side." He cleared his throat, "I'm at more of a risk of getting someone pregnant."

My frustration quickly vanished, a smile breaking out into my features. "I would be the godfather, right?"

"Oh yeah." He chuckled, "John has nothing on you."

"He's not that bad." I defended

"Yeah, right." He scoffed, "Fisher, wait. I gotta go, my Aunt is calling for me."

"Have fun." I teased, pressing the end button with my thumb.

A deep sigh poured from my lips as I slumped backwards, rubbing my forehead. I glared up at the ceiling, clenching and unclenching my fists.

"Y'know, one day you're gonna pop a blood vessel." Sarah spoke out, "That's not gonna be a pretty sight."

I rolled over and peered at her as she stood in the doorway. "Mom will still find a way to blame me."

"That's true." She snickered, "However, there's still a bright side to this. Now you can spend the summer with me!"

"You sound like Ross." I grumbled

"That's an insult." She rolled her eyes, plopping down next to me, "That boy eats like a pig. No, wait, even a pig chews it's food."

"You'e such a nice, genuine person." I muttered, rubbing my eyes, "What do you want?"

"Why must you always assume I want something?" She scoffed, placing her hands on her hips, "Who's to say I just don't want to spend quality bonding time with my favorite brother?"

"No one." I shrugged, "It's just that I happen to be your only brother."

She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck before slumping her shoulders. "Alright, you caught me red handed."

"You don't say." I gasped, covering my mouth in mock horror.

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Well, I was going to say I wanted you to accompany me to get ice cream. But since someone is in a smart ass mood, I'm not sure if I still want that."

"We have ice cream here." I pointed out, smirking, "I don't think I'll mind replacing the walk to town for the walk downstairs to get a bowl and spoon."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes before sighing. "Alright... Er, I have no come back."

"Thought so."

She shot me a look, huffing, "Will you please come with me to get ice cream?"

"Well..." I trailed off, "Since you said please..."

"Fisher!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms, "Are you or are you not coming?"

"Let me get my wallet." I grinned, rolling out of bed.

I yawned, stretching my arms above my head before scratching my head. I blindly groped for my wallet on the dresser as I eyed my reflection in the mirror warily.

"You look fine." She spoke up, nudging my hip, "I mean, you didn't wear that yesterday, right?"

"What? Of course not." I muttered, "You're starting to mistake me for Ross."

She rolled her eyes, edging closer to the door and motioning for me to follow. I sighed and stuffed my wallet in my pocket, casting one last glance towards the mirror before picking up my legs and following after.

________

"When is Ross coming home?" She inquired, digging her spoon into her cup.

I shrugged. "He said a week or two before school starts back."

"Good." She nodded, "He annoys me endlessly."

"I think that's pretty obvious." I snickered, wiping my mouth, "He's not that bad."

"Yeah, right." She mumbled under her breath, stirring her ice cream

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms behind my head before leaning back, allowing my eyelids to briefly flutter shut.

"Do you think that we could go by the park after we leave here?" She inquired, "I mean, you don't have anything planned for later, right?"

I shook my head. "My whole summer schedule has been wiped clean."

"To the park it is!" She cheered, "Then, we can feed- hold on a second."

I slowly opened up my eyes, peering over at her in confusion. "What do you me-"

"Isn't that Garrett Nickelsen?" She inquired, motioning behind me, her tone starting to slowly increase in volume.

"Garrett who?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wait, isn't he in John's band?"

"Yes sir." She nodded, biting her lip, "I didn't really expect you to keep tabs on them, but I sure have."

"On him or all of them in general?"

"All of them." She smiled sheepishly. "Well, mainly Garrett."

"There isn't a reason for me to be worried, right?"

"No, of course not." She shook her head. "Garrett's a complete sweetheart. No lie. He's really shy. Oh! Let me tell you what he did during school! He-"

"I don't want to know where he's touched you." I blurted out, cringing.

"He hasn't touched me like that!" She cried, "He was having trouble in some of his classes and Mr. Saints thought I could help him!"

"Oh.. well." I shrugged. "Couldn't blame me for saying."

"Yeah, whatever." She mumbled. "Anyways, he would meet me by my locker and offer to carry my books. I really thought we were getting somewhere...."

"Then?" I urged on her

"School got out and he hasn't bothered to text me or anything." She huffed, "And I am not the type of girl to text a guy first. His loss, not mine."

"Mhmm. Sure." I snickered, "You're probably dying inside knowing you're less than twenty feet from him."

She scowled, crossing her arms. "Shut your trap!"

I began stiffling my laughter, covering my mouth with my hand as I glanced down. A few minutes passed before I raised my gaze.

I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows in confusion, noting how her gaze was locked somewhere else besides my eyes.

I slowly began turning around, rolling my eyes as I realized what she was so focused on. Garrett Nickelsen was walking directly towards our table, a hesitant smile stretched across his flushed cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... I didn't go to school today 'cause I didn't feel good. Hence how this chapter came to be born.

Anyways, I'm so so so so so so so sorry for taking such a long time to finally update. I know it's not a good excuse, but things have been very hectic lately.

Endless Sky
Hot Chelle Rae
maxx danziger
nevershoutnever91
JessicStar
Into Your Arms
rock and roll.
Pioneer;

for being such nice people and commenting! <3