You Only Live Once

thirteen

Matt's point of view

I struggled out of bed still trying to wake myself up from last nights party with the whole tour. I got out of the bed checking on my sister. I looked in Alex's and she wasn't there, then Jack's, and finally hers. I pulled back her curtain seeing her body limp and old vomit out of her mouth on her sheets, she looked dead. I pulled her out of her bunk trying to get her to breathe.

"Fuck Emmy wake up." I said panicking.

"Fuck off." Someone shouted trying to go back to sleep.

"Guys she's not waking up!" I shouted slapping her face doing anything to wake her up. The guys immediately got out of the bunks freaking out.

"I'll go tell the driver to go to the hospital." Alex said running to the driver. I held her close to me crying my eyes out, she is dead.

"I'll get her some clothes." Evan said getting a backpack shoving some of her clothes in there. I performed CPR trying to get her to breathe.

"I will get her sheets." Jeff said, I carried her to the front lounge rocking her back and forth. Luckily we weren't that far away from one. I carried her in letting the doctors take over.

"What happened." He said getting others to take her to the emergency room.

"I found her like this this morning. I don't know what happened."

"Wait here in the lobby and we will notify you once she is out." We waited in the lobby for her.

"What happened last night?" I asked the crew and band who were all at the party last night.

"Well since I hardly drank last night I will tell you." Evan said recapping what happened. She could be dead. Oh lord she could be dead and it would be my fault for not watching her. Every horrible thought went through my mind causing me to cry in front of everyone. Some of the guys left to get dressed and come back with food. Alex and I stayed the whole time we couldn't leave here we needed to know how she was. I didn't give a shit if we were in boxers I want to stay here.

"Hey Matt and Alex we got some clothes for you guys. You guys should clean up in the bathroom." Vinny said handing out things over. I took them and went to the bathroom to get cleaned up. I looked like complete shit. After getting myself cleaned up the doctor was just barely walking to the group.

"Flyzik may I have a word with you alone?" He took me aside, we walked down the hall talking.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She is fine. She was unconscious from the drugs and alcohol what were in her system from last night. We are getting her stomach pumped right now. In a few hours we will have her in the room. She will have to stay here over night incase of any toxic infections. Do you know if this was linked to suicide?" He asked.

"I highly doubt it. She has been doing well with all of us and was doing well with her therapist. She is happy with all of us. She made some new friends and everything." I told him about the positive side.

"Alright just wondering. Could your group relocate to the fourth floor. That's where your sister will be on that floor. Also visiting hours end at noon then start at four till five. One person can stay with her all through the night. If you need a bed set up just ask a nurse."

"Thank you so much doctor." I shook his hand then going back to the group.

"Is she alright?" Alex said standing up.

"Yes she will be on the fourth floor. The visiting hours end at noon but is back at four." I told them letting them go up to the fourth floor. I dialed Mike's number telling him what happened and they will be back tomorrow as soon as we could. I headed back up debating if I should call mom or not. I shouldn't because they didn't give a fuck about her before. I need to tho because she almost died. I decided not to call getting into the elevator heading up to the rest of the guys.

"Matt do you think it would be okay if I stayed with Emmy tonight to watch her?" Alex asked me taking the spot next to him.

"Sure I know she wouldn't want me to stay over night freaking out." We waited around till the doctor called us to her room. She was currently out. The doctor gave us her condition and told us she will be out for majority of the day.

"She flat lined twice, we had to jump start her heart. We think it's the last shot of morphine that got to her." I stopped myself from crying before entering her room. We all said hello to her even though she is still unconscious.

"Come on let's get some lunch across the street."Jeff said once the visiting hours ended. We walked across the street to a burger place having a very quiet lunch. Nobody really talked to each other. My only thoughts were if she was okay.

[Alex POV]

The guys left a little after five. She was awake but not talking to anyone. I already called a nurse to set up the bed for me since I was staying the night. She fixed up the bed Then left immediately. I sat in the chair next to her holding her hand.

"It's just us Emmy." I said watching her monitor. She didn't say anything back to me. I sighed kissing her hand.

"I'm sorry." She whispered wiping her tears.

"Dear it's fine." I kissed her forehead looking her in the eyes. "I love you Emmaleigh. I love you more than a friend, more than a brother, more than anything. Fuck I've been in love with you for years. I just was too shy and afraid to tell you." I confessed to her. She sat there quiet. Fuck I knew I should have never told her.

"I love you too Alex. I have been afraid to tell you also. I actually thought you only liked me as a friend like how Jack and I are." She said sitting up.

"You only live once Emmy so would you like to spend it with me?" She nodded trying not to cry.

"I'm going to try not to do as much drugs. I don't want to be here again." She said as the nurse came in with her food tray. Tomato soup with bread to the side and chicken strips.

"That looks gross. Do you want me to get you some food from across the street?" I asked her getting up.

"If you don't mind Lex. You know what I like."

"That I do. I'll be right back dear." I hurried out the room and got into the elevator. I dialed Rian's number hoping he would pick up.

"What up Alex?" He said.

"I did it. I asked her out. She is officially my girlfriend." I told him happily.

"That's great! I am so proud of you. How is she?"

"She is good. I am getting her some food right now across the street."

"Nice well tell her we all love her and that we hope she feels better."

"Alright dude. See you tomorrow." I hung up rushing across the street. I hurried with my trip to get food and back. Once I got to her room she was watching Breaking Dawn part one on the tv.

"So you were right on us having dinner together huh?" She said sitting up getting her food.

"Oh yeah! I guess I was right, we need to have a real dinner tho." She nodded in agreement before digging in to her meal. After our meal I cleaned up the mess and sat back down with her.

"Tell me a story Lex." She said laying half asleep. She was curled up with her otters that I brought over for her.

"About?" I asked with my hand on her knee.

"His birthday." I knew what she ment by that. My brother's last birthday.

"It was a Saturday and I remember that day by heart. It was me, you, and him for the whole day. And just us."

"Because we were best friends." She said smiling.

"Yes because we were best friends. We spent that day doing everything he wanted to do. He was so happy with us. We went to the movies, the park, the lake, and the zoo." I stopped, this was hard for me to talk about. Even to this day. She gave me a hug crying into my shoulder, I cried with her.

"I miss him so much." She said trying to catch her breath.

"Me too Em." I wiped her tears before kissing her forehead. "Late that night when his birthday was coming to an end we climbed on the roof and watched the stars. He spoke before it hit midnight."

"This is the best birthday I have ever had. Thank you guys so much." She said holing back her tears. I got in her bed holding her closely. She buried her head in my chest crying softly.

"Go to sleep dear it's been a long day." I said watching her stop crying and fall asleep in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for reading this and putting up with me and my writers block. Senior year is so hectic! Please comment, comments make me wanna write more!:)