You Only Live Once

fourteen

Fourth of July

I looked at Alex watching him sleep so peacefuly, he had his arms wraped around my thin frame tightly with our foreheads touching. I smiled prying myself from his grip slipping out of the bunk heading out to the main room where my brother was already awake reading emails.

“Good morning.” I said heading over to my medication taking each pill I needed to.

“Good morning little sis.” He looked up at me smiling a large grin. After swallowing my pills I went over to him sitting next to him reading the business emails with him. I rested my head on his shoulder getting more comfortable as I got more interested on what happens behind the scenes. “I am glad you're alive Emmy, you mean the world to me and I won't be the same without you. You are my best friend Emmy, I would feel like a horrible best friend and brother if you would have died that day. I wouldn't be able to live withwout you. Our parent's don't think and feel the same way as I do about you but they should. After this they should realize that you are stronger than you look. You have been through so much that most people would still be in hell without wanting to help it. You are a great strong woman, I am glad that I have seen you grow.” Matt said looking at me and not the computer screen.

“I am glad I have you for a brother.” I gave him a tight hug before getting up to get some water.

“Come on let's get some food for these animals. Just me and you okay? Brother and sister time.” I laughed heading to the bunk room. I slipped on one of Alex's hoodies and some TOMS before walking out of the bus with my brother. Yes I chose a hoodie when it is summer time but hey, I am still sleepy. We looked at what was around the bus area debating on what sounds better for breakfast. We decided to get some food from a family owned place. I took out my phone and typed out what we are going to order. There were so many options that it was so hard to choose from.

“I for sure want red velvet pancakes.” I stated typing it out for Matt. He ordered the extremely large order then paying the bill at the end. The cashier smiled giving the cooks the order. We took a seat to the side waiting for our meal to be ready. I enjoyed them taking their time with the order making sure everything is correct. After a decent abount of time they had our order in bags ready. They thanked us before we left back to our walk for the bus.

“This is going to be a great meal.” He said letting us into the bus, I took what I wanted and ordered for me aside before the mad rush of boys came through. Matt went into the bunk room waking everyone up notifying them about the breakfast. The rush of boys came through grabbing what they wanted and loved. After everyone got settled in the place became quiet with small conversations going. Alex sat next to me taking a large bite of my breakfast.

“Hey you butt face!” I said pulling my food away from him.

“What it's not my fault you chose such good and tasty food!” I took a chunck of his food eating it like he did mine. He kissed my head before continuing with his food. After everyone ate their food and got cleaned up they got ready for the beach. I slipped on a swimsuit that was well fitted for today, my American flag bikini. I looked into the mirror and saw multiple bruises. They weren't as bad as I thought they would be but they were still there. I sighed slipping on some sandals then a large tank top over my swimsuit. I joined the boys slipping my wallet and phone in the beach bag. Alex and Jeff were the only ones in American flag trunks while the others were in regular ones. I couldn't help but blush at the sight of Alex all hot and shirtless in his shorts. I laced my fingers with his walking out to the sand picking a place for us to begin. We carried out two tents placing them in the sand starting the area for any other band on the tour would like to join us. Aftyer everything was set up he led me away from the group and to the Boardwalk.

“Let's play some games.” He pulled me into the arcade letting me choose whatever game that I want to play. I went to a Galaga machine.

“I am a pro at this game.” He got to the machine next to me seeing who could reach the highest score. Of course I won. “Told you.” He laughed looking around for another game.

“My turn, I am the pro at Centipede.” Oh shit, my weakness. We had our intense moments of gaming before it came down to who won. “Told you.” He showed me his score before pulling me by my hips to his kissing my lips softly. Once we pulled away we walked to the Laser Tag place. After getting set up I beat his ass in the game, let's just say that I am a lot better at Alex when it comes to games.

“I haven't played that game since he died.” I laced my fingers with his walking over to some rides.

“Neither have I, I remember we used to play that once every month. It was our game.” He laughed before finishing his statement. “You still beat our ass too.” We hopped onto a roller coaster beginning our list of casters to go on. He brought back my childhood today, I really needed that. He made me laugh, smile, feel free, and feel like nothing bad can ever happen ever. He made me feel like we were back in the teenage years. Back then we would always hang out and do things like this, ever since his brother passed we kind of stopped not wanting to being back the memories that would lead back to heartbreak. I am happy now that we are doing things together that the three of us used to do. We are happy now remembering the good times we had with Tom before he passed. That was one thing I loved about the Gaskarth's more than anything, the abilithy to make me happy and have a good time.
After riding the coasters we wanted to we walked back to the beach where the last of the bands were setting up. There was a game of volleyball going when we got there, both of us joined immediately. It was Abandon All Ships, Sleeping With Sirens, and Breathe Carolina against Sparks The Rescue, YellowCard, and Bayside. I joined the BC team while Alex joined his friends with YellowCard. The game was intense with all of us pulling illegal moves and getting hurt. When it came down to bands playing sports we would risk getting just for a fun game. After ending the game with Bayside winning we established that my team had the most illegal moves calling the game a fair game.

“Water!” I shouted grabbing Alex's hand pulling him to the water picking up a surfboard. He joined me in the back of the board letting me ride the waves with him. I love surfing, it takes my mind away from everything. We rode the waves for a while before it started to get dark. We pulled in drying off some to get our grub on with some barbeque grub. We sat infront of the bonfire that was growing larger and larger as the time passed. After everyone was done with the food we watched the fireworks go off. Some people lit off their own including the All Time Low gang. After things died down people went around the fire telling stories.

“Yo guys I got a fucking scary ass story to tell you. Here it goes.” Some guy from a band said getting ready for his story. ”So-and-so's friend, a girl in her teens, is babysitting for a family in Newport Beach, Ca. The family is wealthy and has a very large house — you know the sort, with a ridiculous amount of rooms. Anyways, the parents are going out for a late dinner/movie. The father tells the babysitter that once the children are in bed she should go into this specific room (he doesn't really want her wandering around the house) and watch TV there.
The parents take off and soon she gets the kids into bed and goes to the room to watch TV. She tries watching TV, but she is disturbed by a clown statue in the corner of the room. She tries to ignore it for as long as possible, but it starts freaking her out so much that she can't handle it.
She resorts to calling the father and asks, "Hey, the kids are in bed, but is it okay if I switch rooms? This clown statue is really creeping me out."
The father says seriously, "Get the kids, go next door and call 911."
She asks, "What's going on?"
He responds, "Just go next door and once you call the police, call me back."
She gets the kids, goes next door, and calls the police. When the police are on the way, she calls the father back and asks, "So, really, what's going on?"
He responds, "We don't HAVE a clown statue." He then further explains that the children have been complaining about a clown watching them as they sleep. He and his wife had just blown it off, assuming that they were having nightmares.
The police arrive and apprehend the "clown," who turns out to be a midget. A midget clown! I guess he was some homeless person dressed as a clown, who somehow got into the house and had been living there for several weeks. He would come into the kids' rooms at nights and watch them while they slept. As the house was so large, he was able to avoid detection, surviving off their food, etc. He had been in the TV room right before the babysitter right came in there. When she entered he didn't have enough time to hide, so he just froze in place and pretended to be a statue.”
Another person became interested in this story chiming in with another.

”BACK IN '75 a young couple, both 18, decided to get married right after high school. The father of the bride lived in Palm Beach in a mansion and was able to afford a big wedding for them. To make a long story short, they got married and the wedding was beautiful.
After the wedding they had a big reception in an old building and everyone got pretty drunk. When there were only about 20 people left, the groom decided that they should play hide-and-seek. Everyone agreed and the groom was "it." They all went and hid and the game went on.
After about 20 minutes everyone had been found except the bride. Everyone looked everywhere and tore the whole place apart looking for her. After a few hours the groom was furious, thinking the bride was playing a terrible trick. Eventually, everyone went home.
A few weeks later the groom, having placed a missing persons report, gave up looking for her. Heartbroken, he tried to go on with his life.
Three years later a little old woman was cleaning the place up. She happened to be in the attic and saw an old trunk. She dusted it off, and, out of curiosity, opened it. She screamed at the top of her lungs, ran out of the building and called the police.
Apparently, the bride had decided to hide in the trunk for the game of hide-and-seek. When she sat down, the lid fell, knocking her unconscious and locking her inside. She suffocated after a day or so. When the woman found her, she was rotting, her mouth in the shape of a scream.
” More stories were told more frightning than the others as the time became later and the sky became darker. We decided to pack our things getting ready for bed. I hurried in taking my shower before anyone else getting ready for bed right after. I slipped on my pjs getting into bed waiting for him to join me. After everyone got settled in I got comfortable cuddling with Alex.

“You made me so happy today Alex, you made me feel like a kid again.”

“Good, let's go to sleep sweetheart it has been a long day.”
♠ ♠ ♠
***