Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Exposed

"Charlie, you're on in five minutes," I nodded at Lisa, and peered at myself in the mirror in front of me. My long brown hair was pulled up in a pony tail, exposing all of my face. This was my first interview every since I started filming Catching Fire, and I was definitely nervous. I wish Josh could be here with me, but we all know what kind of rumors would come of that. I was back at L.A. for about a week before I had to go back to the set and film a few final scenes for the movie. "Are you nervous?" I looked up to my assistant Kelly who was holding a bottle of water. I sighed, "Yes. Can we just go shopping afterwards?" She chuckled and nodded her head. Lisa popped into the room again, "Alright Charlie, let's go."

I was standing back stage, Henson behind me. "Henson, do you think they'll ask about him?" He shook his head, "Lisa already check of the list of questions, you'll be fine. Nothing about him." I nodded, nervous that he was lieing to me so I would feel better. "Please welcome our next guest. She's an Academy Award winning actress, as well as a Grammy winning musician. Please welcome, Charlie Madison!" I pushed on a smile and walked out on set. I waved to the crowd, smiling at the TV hostess. Her name was Emily Jones, known for being ruthless when it came to gossip. And that is why I was so nervous. "Charlie! Welcome welcome. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm great thank you." I sat down, pulling one leg over the other. "Now an Academy Award winning actress as well as a Grammy award winning singer. That's quite the resume. How do you manage both a music career and a acting career?" OK, this question was easy, "Well I really love both music and acting, but I try to write my songs while filming for a movie, on my free time." She winced,"Doesn't that cause you to lose focus on set?" I smiled,"I kinda get into this zone when I'm on set, so I don't really think about anything else but my character. When I'm offset is when I write my music," Emily smiled, "Well it seems to be working for you! Now you're currently filming the next Hunger Games movie, is that correct?" I nodded,"Yes I play Johanna Mason, a tribute from one of the Districts." The hostess nodded, "Now what's she like?" I laughed,"Ruthless. She's very cunning and intelligent. I was very happy to get the part because she was one of my favorite characters from the books." This interview was easier than I though, "Oh, so you've read the book before?" I laughed, "Numerous times. It's my favorite book series." The hostess smiled,"I'm sure you get along well with your fellow co stars? Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence, to name a few." I noticed who's name she forgot and shifted uncomfortably in my seat, "Yes, we got along very well. It's always fun having friends on set. It makes the waiting time between takes a lot easier!" I laughed charmingly, practically begging Emily in my mind not to ask.

"And what about Josh Hutcherson? He's quite handsome, isn't he?" I shivered, but kept on a cool face,"I mean, you should ask the audience. He has quite the way with the ladies, isn't that right?" I yelled towards the audience, and laughed as the audience erupted with applause. Emily laughed, and looked my way. She had me on a plate. "There's been numerous rumors that you and Josh Hutcherson are currently dating." She didn't even ask, she just stated. I laughed nervously,"No no, we're just good friends." She smiled, "We have a picture." Shit shit shit shit. What freaking picture? There wasn't any approved pictures. It flashed on the screen. Me and Josh in the alleyway, after the cast party at the club. It was clearly us. His blonde hair was bright against the dark wall behind him. His arms were snaked around my waist, pulled me in, pressing his lips against mine. I had one of my hands on his shirt, the other around the back of his neck. He signature square jaw could be clearly seen. It was us. I didn't know what to say.

I looked past Emily to Lisa, who looked more furious than I have ever seen her. We had a secret signal, if anything like this happened. Thumbs up, tell the truth. Thumbs down, lie. I stared at her, able to comprehend what her thinking was. No matter what, paparazzi would be all over us. No matter what, we would be exposed. Her thumb was up, giving me an apologetic look. I shifted back my attention to Emily, and smiled at her. I wasn't gonna let this bitch break me. Not here, not on public television. "Me and Josh are close friends." I laughed at my own joke, the audience was giggling and whispering. They must have been as shocked as I was. Emily sat there with a pleased look on her face, "I'm sure. Thank you Charlie, and when we come back, we'll be looking at the all the fashion dos and don'ts of the season!"

As soon as the cameras flashed off, I got up off the couch, ripped my mic off, and ran past Emily, past Lisa, and into my dressing room. Kelly was there, arms open, "We're gonna kill that bitch," I ran into her arms and began sobbing, unable to control my emotions. I could hear Lisa screaming on the other side of the door. Henson rushed in, grabbed my things, and pulled me out the door. He stopped me before the back entrance, "The paparazzi are out there. Put your sunglasses on." I wiped my tears, and pushed the dark shades on my face. We ran out the door, all the paparazzi screaming me and Josh's name. It was over. It was all over now. Everyone would know within an hour. It would be all over the TV, all over the news. Me and Josh had been revealed.