Status: Active

A Smile So Genuine

Smiles and Coffee

It had been a whole week, and I couldn't get him out of my mind. His deep, hazel eyes, that spread of freckles across his face. I had three dreams about him. Three! This kid is going to be the death of me, I can barely focus. I was strumming my guitar, waiting for Lisa to come get me from my trailer. Filming started today, but I hadn't seen him. I tried not to look, tried to push him from my thoughts, but I couldn't help it. He was growing on me more each day. I pulled out my notebook and glanced at the lyrics I had written the night before. Of course, they're about him. I couldn't think of anything else! And the lyrics came to me so easily, I remember smiling in the light of my own emotions. I felt so much for this person I've never met. It's crazy, I know. But sometimes crazy can be good.

I started singing to my guitar, feeling the music flow through my body. Every emotion was poured out through my lips, the soft sound of the chords echoing throughout the trailer. I was so caught up in my song, I didn't hear the door open. After I strummed my last note, I smiled to myself and looked up. He was standing there in my trailer, smiling brightly at me, his hazel eyes soft and radiant. "That was beautiful", his voice brought chills to my body. It was warm, friendly. I was frozen in my place, unable to speak to him. It felt like I was in one of my dreams again. He moved to the couch next to me and sat down. I collected all the thought that were cluttering my head and push them aside. Focus Charlie. I placed my guitar down and stretched out my hand, "Thank you. I'm Charlie, by the way" my voice was shaking a little bit. God, what is his effect on me. He grabbed my hand, and I cursed myself for being nervous. My hands must of been wet. "I'm Josh," his hazel eyes light up, "I'm sorry I walked in here without knocking. I just heard your voice and it was really wonderful, " he blushed and looked down. Good, I'm not the only one nervous.

I chuckled, placing my notebook on top of my guitar case. Time to put on the charm. I can do this, I can be confident. "Hardly. Did you hear me screech that last note?' I laughed at myself, looking up into his eyes. He was looking at me curiously, his lips in a smile, "You were flawless." And there it was. His smile, his eyes, they killed me. I stared at his lips, wondering what it was like to kiss him, to wrap my arms around his neck and feel his warmth. A grumbling sound shook me out of my thoughts, and I realize it came from my own stomach. I giggled, "Well, that was embarrassing. Is there anywhere to eat around here?" Josh seemed to relax and stood up, "Follow me, I know were we can snatch some food up. Good coffee too, if your up for it?" I smiled brightly, "That would be great!" A little too enthusiastic? I'm making a fool out of myself. Let's just hope I can control myself from anymore goony mistakes.

Josh was taking me off set, to a small coffee shop nearby. After a few moments, I found it really easy to talk to Josh. He was funny, and made me laugh at all his corny jokes. I loved the way he smiled at everything, it truly light up his face. "Can I make a confession?" We were sitting at a table, our identities concealed by sunglasses and hats. He sipped his coffee, "I don't know. If I know, will you have to kill me?" I laughed, "No! It's about you actually..." He looked at me curiously, leaning in to hear the story. I instinctively leaned in close, our faces inches apart. I could feel his warmth breathe tickle my skin. I knew I was biting my lip, it was a habit I did when I was nervous. I sighed, ready to admit my secret. "I-I use to watch Bridge to Terabithia every time I was sick or if I was sad. I still do actually..." His lips quivered in laughter, and he smiled, "So you're a fan of mine, huh?" I giggled, "Yes. I love that movie. Brings tears to my eyes every time! It never fails. The first time I saw you, I didn't see your eyes, so I couldn't recognize you." I pulled back from him and took a bite of my muffin. "My eyes?", he questioned. I winced. Surely he knew his eyes were his best feature. That, and his smile. "Yes your eyes. And your smile. I can remember them distinctively, they're my .." I stopped myself. He pulled off his glasses and stared at me. His finger tips touched mine, sending chills up my arm. He was being bold. Am I ready to follow his lead?

I looked into his hazel eyes, thoughts swarming in my mind. I liked him. I really liked him. I've never been this comfortable around someone before. It was like I knew him my entire life, like we were old friends catching up. He brought a blush to my cheeks, his voice soft and meaning full, "You're what?" My lips quivered. Just kiss me! I wanted to scream at him. Like it was normal to kiss someone you just met? No it wasn't. I took a breathe, trying to push down the butterflies in my stomach. His finger grabbed mine and squeezed, his eyes never leaving my face. Don't be a coward Charlie. Josh leaned in closer, a playful smile on his lips. You can do this, I told myself. "They're my favorite thing about you." I smiled and blushed, leaning in closer. He was gonna kiss me. I've known him for all of a hour, but it felt like longer. He felt familiar, safe. He was gonna kiss me, he was so close to me. I could feel my body reacting, my face flushed, the butterflies in my stomach becoming restless. His lips brushed against mine, warm and soft. I closed my eyes, so ready for the kiss I've been dreaming about for a week.

Then my phone screeched, my ringtone rising to my ears. I bit my lip and sighed. Josh shook his head, and leaned back. He pulled his hand away from mine and pushed his baseball cap off, running his fingers through his hair. I quickly picked up my phone and saw the name: Lisa. "Hello?" Lisa's voice was loud at the other end, "Where are you! You were suppose to be in your trailer! They need you in makeup right now! And have you seen Josh? You know, Josh Hutcherson? Someone said they saw you too together.." Yeah I know Josh Hutcherson. He was just about to kiss me. I sighed "We'l be right there, Lisa" I looked up to Josh as I ended the call. He looked nervous, flushed. I needed to make light of the situation. I smiled up at him, his hazel eyes looked sad, disappointed. "Come on stud. We are needed in makeup". He chuckled, his eye brightening, "Stud? I kinda like that." I blushed and giggled, leading us out of the coffee shop. Everything was OK. Lisa didn't ruin anything, the spark was still there. And me and Josh, well this was just the beginning.