Status: Having another go at this.

All the Things She Said

07.

*One Years Time Has Passed*

"Freedom at last," Harry said as he and Lillian walked out of the school building. She laughed at his childish tone, but she adored the fact he had a pure spirit of a five year old.

The pair had been inseparable for the past year. Their relationship had blossomed into a true friendship, and Lillian's guard had been completely dropped around Harry. However, she couldn't get past her heavily guarded wall that stood between her and the rest of the world.

They're friendship soon had been stuck in the same limbo Emily and Landon's had been when they were younger. They loomed in between friendship and more than that, but they couldn't admit it to one another. They preferred to live in a blissful ignorance of their true feelings, afraid of an awful aftermath.

"Do you have a ride home? I would love to walk you, but I have to get to work," he said putting his hands around Lillian's waist.

"Yeah, I've got a ride." Lillian pulled his hands from her body, crossing her arms with embarrassment. A strange look arose on Harry's face, stuffing his hands deep into his pockets, afraid he had crossed the line.

The freshly fallen snow crunched under their shoes and the bare trees lined the crisp scenery. The whistling winds blew past them, chilling their bones and causing them to huddle closer together. A timid silence followed them as they walked the school campus. Lillian wrapped her coat tightly around her, crossing her arms over her chest once more.

Harry grabbed Lillian's hand once he spotted the bench they sat on everyday. It was under a large oak tree that was now bare due to the wintery months. He pulled her along and sat her down next to him. Lillian sat with a smile, shivering under her light coat.

"Oi, why didn't Lucas make you put on a heavier coat this morning? It's absolutely freezing," Harry questioned her. He had noticed she was cold and put his arm around her.

"You're silly," Lillian said resting her head on his shoulder, laughing a little. Harry's body began to shift under hers, laughing himself.

"You make me silly," he said with a sigh as he stopped to laugh. Lillian giggled into his chest, shielding her face from the cold. They spoke in calm tones about nothing and yet everything. They were lost in their own little world and had lost track of time.

"Lilly, come on. Let's go," Alex interrupted them. He rolled his eyes, jealous of the two. Lillian and Alex had distanced themselves from one another once again over the past year, and Alex found himself longing for Lillian's attention. He resented Harry and Lillian's friendship, fearing it was what tore Lillian and him apart. "Emily is waiting for us." Alex caught a tight grip on Lillian's arm, pulling on her. Lillian tried to pull away from him, but his grasp only got tighter. She began to wince in pain.

"Whoa there tiger! I think you're hurting the girl." Harry stood, placing a hand on Alex's shoulder. Harry smiled, but kept a strong stance.

Alex shook his head, dropping his grip from Lillian. He took a step back, noticing he had lost his cool. He looked at them with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry." A nervous laugh expelled from his lungs. "I just didn't want Emily to be waiting too long."

"It's alright," Lillian said more to Harry than to Alex.

"Good," Harry pulled Lillian into a hug. "I'll see you later then," he asked, smiling and pretending as if Alex wasn't even there. Lillian just nodded and gave him a weak smile before following Alex to Emily's car.

Lillian slid into the backseat of Emily's car. It held a warmer temperature than the outside atmosphere had. She rubbed her hands together, blowing on them to try to get them to warm up with the rest of her body.

"Does your friend, erm," Emily paused to think of his name, "Harry." She nodded to herself, satisfied she remembered so quickly. "Does Harry need a ride home Lilly," Emily asked from the front seat, looking at Lillian through one of the mirrors.

"No," Alex responded quickly. Lillian pulled a confused look at him, but remained quite because Harry didn't need a ride.

"Okay, but I don't remember your name being Lilly," Emily said, a little agitated. Alex responded by turning away from her to look out the window. "So, how was school you guys," she asked, trying to change the subject, but no one answered her. The car quickly filled with an awkward tension. "Sounds like it was great," Emily said sarcastically as she began to pull out of the school car park. Lillian sighed and put in her headphones, trying to avoid Alex's looks. Lillian had been noticing Alex's strange behavior lately, but she couldn't pin why it was happening.

***

Emily, Lillian, and Alex all sat around the fire place at Emily and Alex's parent's home. The room was painfully quiet due to the large problem that hung above their heads. Alex's behavior had only gotten worse and Emily was fed up.

"I am sick and tired of you two," Emily began to scold them. "You've been at each other's throats for the longest and I don't know why, but whatever it is, I suggest that you just get over it. You guys are friends, just get along. This way I don't have to treat you like babies, because I am not a babysitter."

"We are getting along" Alex said in an icy tone.

"Alex shut up, I saw the way you grabbed Lilly today. That wasn't okay," Emily said rolling her eyes. "Seriously for the past few months it seems like you've had a problem with Lilly, but instead of trying to work it out you've just been acting like a three year old. It's really starting to get on my nerves," she said in an aggravated tone.

"It isn't my fault." Alex stood from his spot on the floor.

"Well, you are the only one that seems to be fighting this war to me. To my knowledge, Lilly hasn't done anything wrong."

"Well, maybe if she wasn't stuck up Harry's ass--."

"Watch it Alex," she raised her voice at him. "Is that what this is about? Harry and Lilly?" Emily smiled a little. "Jealously is an ugly trait, mate."

"Just drop it, Emily. I'm going to go up to my room," he said grabbing his school bag and storming up the stairs. Emily let out a sigh, waiting a few minutes before speaking again.

"Give him some time. He'll be back to his normal self after I talk some since into him. Trust me Lil, you haven't done anything wrong." She then stood herself and began gathering her things. She slid on her coat and began to search for her purse. "Come on kiddo, I need to get you home. I know Landon will be home and should be expecting you." She nudged Lillian's arm.

Lillian sat idly on the carpeted floor, warming her palms with the fire. She wasn't prepared to go home, not wanting to ruin her day any further. Lillian and Landon had gotten into a massive fight earlier that morning, and Landon hadn't gotten the solution he had hoped for.

"Oh come on, Landon may be a little mean, but he cares about you as does Luke. They can actually be kind of sweet and sensitive... and loving" she said, a smile appearing on her face. It was obvious that she was talking about Landon, they were in love, but they still refused to acknowledge it. Lillian wanted to hate Emily for falling head over heels for Landon, but she knew she couldn't blame her. She knew that Emily fell for the old Landon. The old Landon actually was a good guy, a bit of a hassle, but he had a good heart.

The truth is that he really hasn't changed, the new Landon only comes around when he was dealing with what he had left of his family. Whenever he was around other people he is great, but the memory of what his family used to be laid with in his living siblings and that drove him mad.

"Listen, I wouldn't leave you in the hands of your brother if I thought he was unfit,"Emily said, finding her purse. Lillian thought her words to be quite comedic because she knew Emily didn't know the half. It was like a punch line to a poorly told joke. "Ready?" Lillian reluctantly nodded her head yes, grabbing her bag and following Emily out to her car.

***

"Prehaps he went out to run some errands," Emily said. They had arrived at the McFierce residence to find an empty home. Lillian was slightly relieved, but Emily's eyes showed she was disappointed.

"I'd hate to leave you here alone. I know Luke won't be back from university until late, and god knows where Landon is." Emily bit her lip. She leaned against an end table that stood in the foyer, weighing her options.

"I'm fine," Lillian whispered. She looked at Emily with a hopeful look.

"Well, I'd really love to see Landon today," she thought out loud. Emily shook her head, strolling into the den to look through the film rack. Lillian followed her. "I'll just hang out here until he gets home. You can go on over to Harry's if you'd like. I'll be sure to let you know when Landon's here. I can buy you enough time to sneak back in through your terrace."

Lillian snapped her head into Emily's direction. Lillian hadn't told anyone about her and Harry's constant visiting and was shocked Emily knew. Lillian began to chew the skin around her thumb, growing nervous.

"Oh don't worry honey," Emily flopped her hand in an up down motion, "I won't tell." Emily smiled at Lillian to hopefully make her more at ease. "I was a teenage girl once; I totally understand."

"Thank you." Lillian nodded at Emily. A slight grin appearing on her face.

"No problem. Now go on. No use hanging around here." Lillian's smile grew wider and began to scurry toward the stairs, but she stopped. She looked back at Emily, feeling bad for leaving her. "Lilly, I'll be fine. Please go. Have fun alright?" Emily hadn't been around Lillian and Harry much, but she had sensed a sexual tension between the two. She didn't want them to miss out on something because they were afraid. That's why she pushed for their friendship.

Lillian nodded and carried on without looking back. She hurried up the stairs and went into her bedroom. She set her bag on her bed and headed towards her mirror. She looked at herself and frowned. She never used to care what she looked like around Harry, but lately she had been putting in the extra effort.

Lillian scrunched up her nose at her reflection and sat down at her vanity. She took her hair out of its pony tail, brushing it out, and let it hang gracefully down her back. She then touched up her makeup, repowdering her face, putting on lip balm, and replacing the eyeliner that was slightly smudged. Once she was satisfied she smiled at herself and stood.

Lillian rushed from her current location to her balcony. She climbed through the tree and stepped onto Harry's side. She checked herself out in one of the glass windows once more before letting herself in through the doubled doors.

A warm, tinted light lit the room, giving it a nostalgic feeling. Harry laid across his bed with his eyes squeezed shut as he sang along with a quiet playlist. His strong voice against the soft instrumentals sent shocking chills up Lillian's spine, causing her to inhale sharply. Harry opened his eyes, the noise alerting him. He sat up in his bed and Lillian made a note of his appearance. His cheeks were rosy, his hair was a mess, and his clothes were cover in baking flour. She shook her head at him, knowing he had gotten home from work recently.

"Sorry," Lillian said, biting the inside of her mouth. She put one hand on the wall and used the other to take her shoes off. She also placed the blazer she was wearing on one of Harry's chairs. Harry watched her and smiled. He enjoyed how delicate she was with everything she did.

"It's fine," Harry finally said. Lillian nodded as she walked over to him. She took quick short steps across his carpeted floor until she reached the foot of the bed, sitting down.

"I'm glad you're here. I was worried you would still be at work." Lillian sniffled and wrapped a blanket around her shivering body. "I was thinking we could talk."

"Is everything alright," Harry questioned with a concerned look on his face, turning the music down. He scooted closer to Lillian, placing a hand on her back, rubbing small circles over her spine. Lillian pulled her knees to her chest and began to lean against Harry.

"I'm fine." She looked up into Harry's eyes to hopefully catch a glimpse of what he was thinking. When she had noticed that Harry was staring back, she grew shy and quickly looked away.

"Then what's up?" An uneasy laugh fell from his lips as he continued to look at her.

"It's just that," Lillian paused, "you seem to be the only thing that's going right in my life."

Harry frowned and turned so he was sitting in front of Lillian. He placed a large hand under her chin so she would look at him. He looked into her eyes, with concern, before beginning to speak.

"What's going on, babe?" Harry watched as Lillian bit her lip. He had seen this look on her face many times. He knew that she wanted to tell him something, but she was stopping herself. "It's alright. You can tell me." Harry placed his hands on either side of Lillian's body.

"It's nothing," Lillian playfully pushed his chest. "Alex is a bit annoyed with me, Landon is being Landon, and Lucas is still pretending as if nothing wrong has even happened. Everything is completely normal, Harry. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you. You're my best friend."

"I hate when you do that." Harry made another frown and rested his head in his hands. "I hate how you speak as if everything is okay when it clearly isn't." Harry took a long pause, hoping Lillian would say something. "Lillian, I play dumb a lot. I see all of the little things that you try to hide. I see the small bruises that sometimes cover your body, and I see the marks that appear to be fading scars from brutal cuts." Lillian rolled her eyes, moving away from him.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Harry." Lillian wrapped the blanket that covered her tighter around her body. She had become overly self conscience by his comments.

"You're right! I have no clue what I'm talking about because every time I try to talk to you about it, you avoid the subject like the black plague." Harry's voice rose, alarming Lillian. "How can I be your best friend if you don't even talk to me about the things that really matter? I'm constantly worried about you."

"That's why you are my best friend. You don't pressure me to talk to you. We can talk about absolutely nothing, and it's so lovely. Talking about my horrid life only makes me remember how terrible everything really is." Lillian's eyebrows furrowed, turning her back to Harry.

A perplexed look became stationary upon Harry's face. He was reaching a point of aggravation with her, and decided it better not to press forward with the conversation. He sighed in defeat, knowing he had lost the short lived argument. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Don't be," she said with her back still facing him. "Please just drop it."

"Don't be like that, Lillybeth." Harry began to trace his fingers up and down her back, causing her to giggle slightly. She shook him away and turned her head to look at him.

Lillian leaned back so that her head would rest in Harry's lap. She looked up at him and smiled, hoping he wasn't too upset. A wildly, goofy smile painted the boy's lips, showing his teeth a little.

"I'll be right back," Harry said slipping out from under Lillian. He picker her up and laid her cross his bed properly. He then walked swiftly into his bathroom. Within seconds, Lillian could hear the bath faucet running and the water splashing into a deep tub.

Lillian sighed and turned the music back on, drowning the noise out. She closed her eyes and berried herself into Harry's down comforter and flannel blankets. Relaxing her stiff muscles, she allowed herself to slip into a light sleep.

"Come here." Harry's voice cooed from the bathroom door. Not realizing that Lillian had fallen asleep, he stood by the door frame, waiting for her response, for a few minutes before walking over to her. He smiled at the sight of her small frame in his large bed. The sight was so precious to him, similar to one of a new puppy cuddled with its owner. He eventually walked over to her, kneeling at the edge of the bed.

He lightly shook her and waited for her eyes to open. Her tired eyes were surprisingly bright with a fresh color of pure hazel. She playfully pouted, crinkling her forehead, and turning onto her other side, burying herself deeper into his bed.

"Come on," Harry said laughing, but Lillian didn't move. He stood with his arms crossed, hoping Lillian would move on her own, but she never did. He soon grew tired of waiting, so he put her over his shoulder, Lillian full of protest, and lead her into the bathroom. Lillian gasped once Harry put her down. A warm bubble bath had be drawn for her.

"Oh no I couldn't, you should take your shower first. You're covered," Lillian said. She stood on her tip toes and reached up to ruffle his hair, flour falling from it to the ground. She laughed to herself as she watched it hit the floor.

"I didn't do this for me." Harry took her hands from his head, placing them at her sides. "You deserve to have something nice done for you."

"No really, I'm fine," she responded politely. She looked down at her feet and began to bite her lip. She was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"I didn't do this so you could say no," he said. "Now, get you bum in the tub," he said. His deep dimples became present with a smile that could melt the Arctic ice caps.

"But Harry--," Lillian started. She bit her lip harder, but before she could say another word, Harry lifted her chin to make eye contact. Then, without a smidge of hesitation, his lips met hers, catching her off guard. He began to kiss her passionately.

Lillian fought back at first, but soon gave into his luscious lips, kissing him back. The innocent kiss rapidly turned into a lustful playground. Before Lillian knew it, Harry's large hands started to travel up her shirt. Lillian quickly pulled them away, pushing away from him, but he only started again just as fast as she stopped him. This time he started to tug her shirt upwards. Lillian bit her lip sharply, ending the kiss, and pulled away once again.

"Stop," she pushed him away from her. However, she stepped closer after a few seconds and began to lift up his shirt like he had done. Harry stopped her instantly, a confused look on his face. "It's far from pleasant isn't it." Lillian spoke with a tinge of anger.

"Only because I'm not taking a bath with you silly goose," he said with a laugh. Lillian looked at him blankly. "I was only trying to get your top off so you'd be ready for your bath." Lillian rolled her eyes royally.

"Get out," she said, pointing to the door. He gave her a quick look of apprehension, afraid she was truly angry. "I can't get naked if you're in here."

"Well you could," he said cheekily. "If you weren't a lady, you would know just how serious I am about my personal nudity," he said smiling.

"Well not everyone is as comfortable with their body as you are Harry, you dirty nudist," Lillian said laughing. He laughed as well, closing his eyes a bit, and making her laugh even harder.

"Take your time," Harry said, as he finally left the room. Lillian sighed in an enamored tone.

That was the first time she felt something so new, exciting, and perfect. She had already knew she felt strongly for him, and she knew that he was different. She already knew that he made her feel a way she would never be able to explain, but that was the first time she figured out that she was smitten with him. She knew that she was ready to tell him she was ready. She wanted him to know that she was ready for something more than friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys. You're all so lovely.

-Danixx