Status: A work in progress, that is also being re-written because of some inconsistencies with the plot bunnies.

The Potter Twins and Hogwarts: Year One

Prologue

Our story starts on November 1st, 1981, so early in the morning it’s still dark and cold. A loud 'crack' was heard in the abnormally silent morning, and standing, in what was once an empty space, was a man. He was tall, thin, and very old, judging by the snowy white color of his hair and beard, which were both long enough to tuck into his belt. He was wearing long robes, a purple cloak that gently swept the ground, and high-heeled, black buckled boots. His blue eyes were light, bright, and sparkling behind half-moon spectacles that rested on his very long and crooked, as though it had been broken at least twice, nose. He looked very out of place in the empty cul-de-sac he stood at the end of.

He reached into his robes, and pulled out a silver object, held it level with his head, and with a very soft ‘clicks’, all the lights from the street lamps where out. Now no one would be able to see what he looked like if they were to look out their windows, not unless the moon, that was currently hiding behind some clouds, was showing, and maybe not even then. The man gracefully walked up the middle of the road, no noise was heard, as he took long, purposeful steps to his destination, which was a house that looked like all the other houses in the cul-de-sac, except for the door, that was a different color, and the number, which was 4.

A silver tabby cat with strange markings around the eyes, that made it look as if it were wearing thin square spectacles, was sitting just on the edge of the neatly trimmed lawn, like all the other lawns. It had a peculiar look on its face, almost as if it knew who the man was, and why he was here. The old man looked at the cat, a small smile lifted his mouth, and barely crinkled the edges of his eyes, that twinkled knowingly.

“Ah, I thought you would be here.” said the man, in a grandfatherly way that only a man of his age could accomplish.

In a blink of an eye, the cat was gone, and replaced by a tall, rather severe-looking woman, with black hair pulled into a tight bun. She was wearing emerald green robes, with black buckled boots, and a pointed black hat cocked to one side. Her eyes were a dark hazel color, and looked as if they could freeze you in place. She didn’t come off as friendly, like the man had, in fact, her lips where pressed into such a thin, and disapproving line, they were almost not even there.

“I’ve heard rumors, all day, Albus. No one is even trying to hide themselves.” She said, looking at the man, like he would either confirm the rumors, or deny them. “Is it…” The woman said, her voice just a whisper, “…Is it true? Are Lily and James really gone?”

“I’m afraid so, my dear.” Albus said, his voice grave. “Otherwise we wouldn’t be here.”

“Albus,” She whispered, in a sharp tone that clearly showed she was not happy with the situation. “you can’t really expect them to be raised here.” She said gesturing to the house she stood in front of. “They are the worst sort of Muggles, I have ever seen. You couldn't find two people who are less like us. And they've got this son - I saw him kicking his mother all the way up the street, screaming for sweets. Harry and Ivy Potter come and live here; you’re out of your mind!” She almost yelled.

“Calm down Minerva,” Albus said, gently, “there’s nothing that can be done.”

“Let someone else take them.” The woman, Minerva, stated simply. “These… people don’t have the room to accommodate two more growing children, nor the time for three.”

“And who would take them?” He asked.

“You know anyone would take them.” She stated simply.

“And that’s exactly the problem, my dear, they are famous. Famous before they can walk and talk, famous for something they won't even remember. Can't you see how much better off they'll be, growing up away from all that until they're ready to take it?” Albus questioned.

Minerva frowned, “But surly there is someo-”

“I’m afraid not, my dear.” Albus said, cutting her off. “In our world they would be raised, as a prince, and princess. They are going to be in History books, as ‘The- Children-Who-Lived’, and for defeating Voldemort.” Minerva winced at the name, “It is better that they be raised here, in the Muggle world,” Albus continued ignoring the wince, “where nobody knows who they are. This way they can have a normal childhood, at least till they can handle the truth.” He said, his voice never changed its tone, or volume, but it was just as serious.

Minerva’s lips thinned even more, showing her displeasure, but she didn’t say another thing on that subject, deciding instead to ask something else.

“Where are they?” She asked, with a slight sigh.

“I had Hagrid go and get them.” Albus answered easily, as if the previous conversation never happened.

“Hagrid? You didn’t re-” She started.

“Now, now, Minerva, I trust Hagrid with my life.” Albus cut across her protest, much to her annoyance. “Speaking of Hagrid, he should be here soon.”

No sooner had those words left the man’s mouth, did a loud rumbling of an engine fill the silence of the night. The two of them turned, and looked up. There was a bright light, which could almost have been mistaken for the moon, had it not been coming closer towards them, and lowering at the same time. With a couple of bounces the thing landed, and rolled up to the two. It was a huge flying motorcycle.

Though the motorcycle was huge, it was nothing to the man sitting astride it. He was almost twice as tall as a normal man and at least five times as wide. He looked simply too big to be allowed, and so wild. With his long tangles of bushy black hair and beard that hid most of his face. His eyes were as black as beetles, but kind and warm, and around the edges were crinkled, it proved to be the only way to know he was smiling. He had hands the size of trash can lids, and his feet, in their leather boots, were like baby dolphins. He was wearing a huge moleskin overcoat that looked as if it could wrap around a small family, with many pockets on it.

“Professor Dumbledore, sir. Professor McGonagall.” Hagrid greeted nodding towards each of them.

“Hagrid.” They both greeted at the same time returning the nod.

“No problems?” Albus asked.

“No, both ’em fell asleep as we were flying over Bristol.” Hagrid said as gently passed a bundle of blue to Albus. “Careful now, don’ wake ‘em.” He said softly while handing Minerva a smaller bundle of pink.

“Oh, she’s so small.” Minerva said quietly, with a loving tone all the same. “Albus, do we really have to leave them here?” She asked again, walking next to him up to the door.

“I’m afraid so, my dear.” He replied gently, “I’ve explained what I can in this letter for their Aunt.” He said, as he carefully placed a sleeping baby boy in front of the door.

“Albus,” Minerva said softly, but there was a slight panic in her voice, “Albus, Lily and James, they were saying that they could walk, grant it, it wasn’t for long, but what if they woke up?” She asked, hesitant to place the child in her arms next to the other.

“Minerva, my dear, they are going to sleep through the night, I placed a mild sleeping spell over them, so that they don’t wake till they are safely in the house.”

“What about how cold it is? Surely you don’t expect them to get through till morning with nothing but a thin blanket.” She pressed not wanting to leave them.

“A warming charm.” Dumbledore stated easily. “Now, Minerva, I know you were very close to Lily, but we must go. The Ministry will be in a state of chaos now, and I’ll need someone to look after the school while I help them sort it out again.”

Minerva sighed slightly, with one last look at the small child in her arms; she carefully laid her next to the other bundle of blankets. Before pulling away, she gently bushed the tiny baby girl across her forehead, sweeping the fine hair away from the fresh lightening blot shaped scar that was placed directly above her left eye. Gasping slightly she did the same to the little boy, and found an identical lightning bolt shaped scar, directly above his right eye. Tears prickled at the back of her eyes, but they were forgotten the instant, the loud sounds of someone blowing their nose was heard.

“Now, Hagrid,” Albus said gently, “it’s not truly good-bye. You’ll see them again.” He smiled.

“Yeh, ‘er righ’.” Hagrid said, wiping his eyes on a handkerchief that could cover a small table.

“Hagrid,” Minerva said, with some curiosity. “Where on earth did you get that bike?”

“Ah, Black loaned it to me, and then disappeared, said I’d hav’ta return it when he came back for it.” Hagrid answered, “Don’ know what he meant exactly, but it got me here faster.” Finished the giant of a man with a smile. “Now, I best be off. Professor Dumbledore,” Hagrid nodded at the very old man, “Professor McGonagall.” He said, nodding to the younger woman, then turned his borrowed bike, and with a loud bang, he was off.

It only took him till he was half way down the road before he was rising up into the air. The two others on the ground, watched him till there was nothing else, and then turned to each other.

“Well,” started Minerva, “I suppose there’s nothing left to do, but move on, and wait.” She said, “Good day Albus.” She nodded, and walked to the end of the cul-de-sac, and disappeared, with a 'crack'.

Albus, turned once more to the two bundles, a boy and a girl, both with identical scars mirroring the others, should they turn to each other. Both with a great bright future ahead of them. Both destined for great things. With a small smile, and eyes twinkling brightly in anticipation for things to come, he walked back down the street, exactly where he was before. Once more he brought out the silver device, and with a small 'click' all the light lights where on again.

“Good luck, Harry and Ivy Potter, ‘The-Children-Who-Lived’.” Albus said to the silent morning, with another 'crack', the silent street, was left as it was before.

The only difference, two small children, lying next to each other, deep asleep, with a letter laying on the both of them addressed as such:

Mrs. Petunia Evans-Dursley

4, Private Drive,

Little Whining,

SURREY
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! The descriptions of the Characters are taken from JKR's Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.