Status: In progress :)

A Familiar Past

Chapter 11

I had been too late. The next morning someone ran into Tsunade’s office, saying Sakura had just been found on a bench. Sasuke had left. He was gone. Tsunade turn toward the ninja. I slipped out of the door. He had left, just like that. I could feel my world falling apart again.

Me: [Is this what Sasuke felt like when I left?]

I stopped in the hall, leaning on the wall. I slid to the floor, pulling my knees to my chest. This was all my fault.

I must have sat there for ten minutes. I finally managed to pull myself back to my feet. I walked back toward Tsunade’s office. When I got back, there was no one there. Tsunade wasn’t even anywhere to be seen.

Me: [I’ve got to do something about this.]

I grabbed a piece of paper on Tsuande’s desk and began to write. I told her that I was going to head back to Orochimaru’s hideout. There still was a chance that I hadn’t been found out yet.

Me: [Sorry, Lady Tsunade, but I have to do this.]

I was darting out of the village when I saw a team of medic ninjas heading out. Then I heard something. It was a dog howling. I knew the howl too.

Me: [Pakkun.]

I ran faster toward the sound. I saw the medics splitting off. What could have happened to have so many sent out. Then I saw the beginning of it. Jirobo was lying dead with Choji not too far away from him. I hoped he was okay. Neji was lying on the ground with giant holes in him. He had taken down Kidomaru. I flew past Kankuro and Kiba. Kiba and Akamaru looked like crap. I also past Temaris, Shikamaru, Gaara, and Lee. There was one person I was sure was out here that I wasn’t seeing. Where was Naruto? I knew the blonde would never let Sasuke leave like that. The trees finally parted and I stopped. I was looking upon the Final Valley. I could see a figure lying on the ground at the bottom. I couldn’t tell who it was until a glimmer of orange caught my eye.

Me: [Naruto.]

Something moving on the other side caught my eye. It was a person, that much I could tell.

Me: [Please be him.]

I had already launched myself off the top of the first hokage’s head. I sprinted down the cliff side and over the water.

Me: Sasuke!

The figure stopped. A smile crossed my face. It was him. He slowly turned around. He looked awful.

Me: Sasuke! Where are you going?
Sasuke: To get the power I need.

I was shaking my head. Something was wrong here.

Me: No. You will find your power back in Konoha with everyone. Your power lies within your friends.
Sasuke: What would you know about that?

I froze. This was all my fault. I just looked at his eyes. They were staring back at him, showing so much pain and hurt and anger.

Me: Sasuke…I didn’t mean for any of it. It was an order. I was suppose to be a spy.
Sasuke: You could have told me! I am sick of you leaving me behind! I am sick of losing you!

I winced at his words. He was so mad; and I really couldn’t blame him. I let a tear fall down my cheek. I heard a footstep. I looked up to see him walking away from me.

Me: [No.]

I launched myself into the air, landing in front of Sasuke. I latched on to him, burying my head in his chest.

Me: I’m so sorry, Sasuke. Please. Don’t leave me behind.

He just stood there stiff. I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to let go of him. He wasn’t going alone.

Me: Please,…let me go with you.
Sasuke: What?

I looked up at him. He was looking down at me, slightly confused.

Me: Orochimaru doesn’t know I was acting as a spy. I can drop my spy mission and fully leave Konoha with you.
Sasuke: And why would you do that?
Me: I’m not going to leave you again.

Emotion flashed back into his eyes. His arms slowly wrapped around me.

Sasuke: Fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go guys. Can't wait to it shippuden! Enjoy! =^_^=