Status: In progress :)

A Familiar Past

Chapter 12

-*-Two year later-*-

Life had changed. Life was different as a rogue ninja. And the people were different. The Sasuke who had let me leave with him no longer was there. He was now just a very skilled ninja that had little soul. I wasn’t far behind him, but I was still the same me. Everyday, I think about how everyone back in Konoha must be. If everyone was okay after all the battles I had past. Did they give up on the two of us ever coming home.

Me: [I miss you guys.]

I was sitting in a tree outside of the hideout, staring up at the starry sky. I was hoping one of them knew I missed them. I wonder if Sasuke ever thought of home, or of the friends we had left behind.

???: What are you doing up here?

I looked down to see none other than Sasuke standing below me. I just looked back up at the sky.

Me: Just thinking.
Sasuke: About what?

He had already jumped up to join me in my tree. I looked at him. He was different.

Me: So what’s up?
Sasuke: I was just wondering where you had gone. I was hoping you hadn’t left on me.

I looked at him. This was the first time I think we have talked in about a month. He was worrying about me leaving him again.

Me: No. I didn’t leave you.
Sasuke: I know you miss it there. I can tell.

I just continued to look at him. The old Sasuke I knew was sitting beside me; not that new one that Orochimaru had created.

Me: Sasuke, why don’t we go back? You’re plenty strong enough. We’ve gotten everything we need from Orochimaru.
Sasuke: Not quite yet. But I promise you Tiphia, we will go home.

I smiled. It really was the true Sasuke sitting with me. I could tell it in the smirk he was giving me. It felt good to be with my best friend again. I hadn’t truly been with him for years.

Me: I’ll hold you to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy it! =^_^= And if you didn't noticed, they're in shippuden now.